The Druid is coming

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
Would be an interesting class to try out as I found the necro to be crap but thats IMO. This dev team planned on alot of stuff but never followed through. Most of the stuff that has come out after reaper of souls was actually meant to be for another expansion that got scrapped due to the poor development of this game.
01/19/2018 11:34 AMPosted by TheRugester
Most of the stuff that has come out after reaper of souls was actually meant to be for another expansion

Has come for free.
Except the new class Rise of the Necromancer, two stash tabs and some cosmetics.
All the rest for free.
:-)
The easter egg was in the PTR prior to 2.6.1...
Awesome.
I hope they retain the Werebear, Werewolf and poison vines capacities.

The only thing worth mentioning is that it will likely be another Intelligence based character which would make four, but I suppose they could work it out to be dexterity I guess with tweaking.
My guess is that they will incorporate the spear/javelin aspect of the amazon into the Druid. There really isn't much left from the Amazon that isn't covered by the Demon Hunter already and spears/javs suit the nature theme.

Add on elemental spells and shape shifting and it should make for an interesting class.
Bring it on, I'm bored with the squishy necro already ^^
Don't forget the Wings we got for Season 12 :D
01/19/2018 04:14 AMPosted by AranHaelVal
Let it be
A new class
3 or 4 more Bank Stash Space, Funny Pet, Transmogs and Wings
New maps, journals, mobsters, elites, unique bosses, big boss, rift guardian, quests, bounties and Nephalem rifts
9.99 $ is a good price

I would easily pay $ 14.99 Every 6 Months if they keep the Content Flowing

1) New Class (Druid, Angel, Demon)
2) New Pets, Wings, Transmogs, Armor Sets, Legenderies, Lore, Stash tabs
3) A New Follower, to fit with the Enchantress, Templar, Scoundrel, and...Ninja or Something
4) New Chapters, Zones, Quests
5) Reworks for a Lot of Legendary Gems that are useless

There are more but this is a start!
01/19/2018 03:21 PMPosted by ProtossLord
01/19/2018 04:14 AMPosted by AranHaelVal
Let it be
A new class
3 or 4 more Bank Stash Space, Funny Pet, Transmogs and Wings
New maps, journals, mobsters, elites, unique bosses, big boss, rift guardian, quests, bounties and Nephalem rifts
9.99 $ is a good price

3) A New Follower, to fit with the Enchantress, Templar, Scoundrel, and...Ninja or Something

I wouldn't.

1) New classes are currently pointless, as they all suffer from the game's fundamental flaws. A few good set builds, and the rest is garbage and half the class's abilities go unused.
2) Meh, except to legendary items. But they still have reworks to do on the present ones, which is what should be done before adding yet more. The overall count of legendary items is getting pretty ridiculous anyway.
3) What's the point? Followers have very little impact on anything. Their basic job is to be a sponge with Unity. Yes, they can be equipped with certain items to help out a little bit, but nothing special.
4) After 1 time doing them and exploring, it's back to Rifts and Bounties.
5) The problem isn't that the gems are bad, it's that a few are ridiculously better than the other ones.
01/19/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Orrion
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I wouldn't.

1) New classes are currently pointless, as they all suffer from the game's fundamental flaws. A few good set builds, and the rest is garbage and half the class's abilities go unused.
2) Meh, except to legendary items. But they still have reworks to do on the present ones, which is what should be done before adding yet more. The overall count of legendary items is getting pretty ridiculous anyway.
3) What's the point? Followers have very little impact on anything. Their basic job is to be a sponge with Unity. Yes, they can be equipped with certain items to help out a little bit, but nothing special.
5) The problem isn't that the gems are bad, it's that a few are ridiculously better than the other ones.

So new content is pointless?

Regardless of your opinion, if there's a sale incentive and players are having fun and buying these new packs then it increase the quality of the game longevity.

I would love to see Diablo 4 tomorrow but let's be honest any new Diablo 3 content is great in my book.

I wouldn't.

So new content is pointless?

Basically, yes, because most of it is useless as I pointed out.

Look at the Druid threads. Some of them have good ideas, and I'm sure some people would like builds/abilities from D2 to come back. Then you look at the Necromancer, and realize that most of the iconic things from D2 that did come back suck or function differently, and that the Necromancer overall isn't any better off than the other classes in terms of builds or ability usage.

Regardless of your opinion, if there's a sale incentive and players are having fun and buying these new packs then it increase the quality of the game longevity.

It doesn't really increase the game's longevity if new content is treated like a novelty - something you come look at and then leave again.
Gonna eat this up, my necro girls will be lonely while I rip and tear as beasts.
01/19/2018 03:21 PMPosted by ProtossLord

9.99 $ x 2
Every year
Or
A new Diablo game x 2
any price

PS
HD Texture Pack & Advanced Graphic Settings
19.99 $ x 2
01/19/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Orrion
Then you look at the Necromancer, and realize that most of the iconic things from D2 that did come back suck or function differently

Maybe that's because it's Diablo 3, not 2? Why anything should ever be copied as is from d2 to d3? Because bunch of d2 fans says so?
After looking a bit at the druid in diablo 2 I do not see why people even want this in D3?
This game needs new content more than a new class. Everything still ends up in doing boring Grifts. But if a new class would come with new content - that would be interesting.
01/20/2018 05:14 AMPosted by CMyTA
01/19/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Orrion
Then you look at the Necromancer, and realize that most of the iconic things from D2 that did come back suck or function differently

Maybe that's because it's Diablo 3, not 2? Why anything should ever be copied as is from d2 to d3? Because bunch of d2 fans says so?

That is essentially why most people want the D2 classes added to the game, yes.

In general, they don't understand that it won't happen. Even with the Necromancer as an example.
01/20/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Orrion

In general, they don't understand that it won't happen. Even with the Necromancer as an example.

This is merely an opinion. Don'y wield it like the book of truth, please.

The necromancer is a perfect example of why assuming it simply can't happen is naive. People assumed it would just be a copypaste from the old D2 class, when it's merely a thematic inspiration.

Despite all the naysayers swearing the necro just couldn't be a thing because the WD was already in the game, we now have a fully playable necromancer that not only coexists with the WD, but also plays completely different from it.

From a design standpoint, that uniqueness is what's ultimately going to define a class. Defining that flavor is the challenge, but it's entirely possible. Stopping at the first glance of thematic resemblances is incredibly short-sighted, but it's a common mistake from people not familiar with design or creative-oriented disciplines altogether. A lot of people need things to be clearly outlined from the get go. It's a designer's job to lead these folks to that end, even if the road is ahead seems rather blurry initially.
Eh, I'd rather they focus on improving the quality of the game as it is now before adding another class to complicate things, but that is just wishful thinking on my part. There is still a lot of things in Diablo 3 that need a kick in the rear quality wise, but whole well.

I'll keep sitting over here in the corner, lonely, waiting for the developers to make an actual item that improves Weapon Throw's damage by a large margin.
01/20/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
01/20/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Orrion

This is merely an opinion. Don'y wield it like the book of truth, please.

It's based on actually reading most of the posts that want new classes. Necromancer and Druid.

The necromancer is a perfect example of why assuming it simply can't happen is naive. People assumed it would just be a copypaste from the old D2 class, when it's merely a thematic inspiration.

People didn't "assume" it would be. They WANTED it to be. Badly.

Despite all the naysayers swearing the necro just couldn't be a thing because the WD was already in the game, we now have a fully playable necromancer that not only coexists with the WD, but also plays completely different from it.

Now who's wielding opinion as truth? It's not like that was my reasoning for why the Necromancer shouldn't have been added - at least not when it was.

From a design standpoint, that uniqueness is what's ultimately going to define a class. Defining that flavor is the challenge, but it's entirely possible. Stopping at the first glance of thematic resemblances is incredibly short-sighted, but it's a common mistake from people not familiar with design or creative-oriented disciplines altogether. A lot of people need things to be clearly outlined from the get go. It's a designer's job to lead these folks to that end, even if the road is ahead seems rather blurry initially.

You're missing the point. Most players who have posted about wanting a Druid want a Druid BECAUSE of D2. They want to be able to do what they did with a Druid in D2 with a Druid in D3.

There's a reason there were many complaints about how the Necromancer employs pets. It's because that's not how the Necromancer did it in D2, and moreover there's no "army of pets wipes out everything for me" playstyle.

You and I might understand that if the Druid comes to D3 it won't be very much like the D2 Druid, except for an ability or an item here or there, but the majority don't accept that.

----

Besides that, the simple truth of the matter is that they should fix what's wrong with the current class structure before adding another one. Every class has fully half of their skills and abilities as useless ballast. Every class has a select few builds that are on top, and the rest of them aren't worth the time of finding the items for.

You can be reasonably certain that if a Druid was added they'd have at least 1 build that was in essence like D2. The Necromancer certainly has a pet interaction, at least. At the same time, others might get left in the dust ala Bone Spike.