Well guys, it's been fun.

General Discussion
01/28/2018 10:18 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

3. Sorry but that would mean having a huge nerf to being able to find your own gear. There are a lot of players, me including, that don't want to play the AH just to get the gear needed to play the game.

More than that it would also bring back the spam friends request. Which I am glad is gone for good. Now if you wouldn't mind Blizz giving players a way to send you all of their spam friends request if Blizz were to turn on the AH again with all of its cons then sure bring it on. But wait till you have spent entire play sessions clearing out spam friends requests then maybe you would rethink your position on the AH.

The huge nerf to finding your own gear is an acceptable, though unfortunate, end result. Trading is an integral part of ARPGs, and those who don't want to do it at least have some sort of bragging rights.

Would you explain how spam friend requests are related to the AH? Having a link to add a seller as a friend, or even making their name public, seems completely unnecessary for the existence of the AH.
01/28/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Judicator
01/28/2018 10:18 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

3. Sorry but that would mean having a huge nerf to being able to find your own gear. There are a lot of players, me including, that don't want to play the AH just to get the gear needed to play the game.

More than that it would also bring back the spam friends request. Which I am glad is gone for good. Now if you wouldn't mind Blizz giving players a way to send you all of their spam friends request if Blizz were to turn on the AH again with all of its cons then sure bring it on. But wait till you have spent entire play sessions clearing out spam friends requests then maybe you would rethink your position on the AH.

The huge nerf to finding your own gear is an acceptable, though unfortunate, end result. Trading is an integral part of ARPGs, and those who don't want to do it at least have some sort of bragging rights.

Would you explain how spam friend requests are related to the AH? Having a link to add a seller as a friend, or even making their name public, seems completely unnecessary for the existence of the AH.

For the AH to exist there would have to be such a huge nerf to the drop rate where the greater majority of players would have to play the AH instead of the game in order to get gear. It would be a much bigger nerf to drop rates than it would in other games that have trading without an AH. That would be because the best stuff would be on the AH.

I guess you weren't here when the AH was part of the game. Otherwise you would understand that comment about spam friends requests. Where you would have players that would be spamming your friends request with real money transaction websites for gear. Now are you gonna make those that invite you to be their friends part of your friends list. I know that I wouldn't do that, instead I turned them in. This is how players were advertising those websites, maybe even along with spamming general chat.
01/28/2018 11:32 PMPosted by ShadowAegis

For the AH to exist there would have to be such a huge nerf to the drop rate where the greater majority of players would have to play the AH instead of the game in order to get gear. It would be a much bigger nerf to drop rates than it would in other games that have trading without an AH. That would be because the best stuff would be on the AH.

The problem with the AH initially was precisely that drop rates were too low. There was nothing to trade, because no one had anything. Any level 60 rare weapon with a good damage roll was worth $250, the max value, and the three legendaries were on sale for trillions of in-game gold. There was simply too much disparity between a good item and everything else, and only a handful of people had anything of value. Since, at the time, the drop rate worked by giving you an incremental increase over your existing gear, the rich got richer while the common player continued to hit a brick wall in act 2 of Torment.

I guess you weren't here when the AH was part of the game. Otherwise you would understand that comment about spam friends requests. Where you would have players that would be spamming your friends request with real money transaction websites for gear. Now are you gonna make those that invite you to be their friends part of your friends list. I know that I wouldn't do that, instead I turned them in. This is how players were advertising those websites, maybe even along with spamming general chat.

This is why it's important to use "gems/coins/battle currency" rather than in-game gold. As long as all trading must happen through the auction house and the currency is controlled by Blizz, it puts mass gold marketting out of business.
Thanks, man, I have actually stopped playing d3 too last week. I got as far as could go to with the hero classes and sets I love, and feel like it's time to move on too.
I'm not bashind D3 either, I love it and really would feel great to see it keeping it alive with ptr and changes and new content...but it appears it won't be the case.

So, yeah, I guess it's a short farewell. Until D4!
01/28/2018 11:32 PMPosted by ShadowAegis

The problem with the AH initially was precisely that drop rates were too low. There was nothing to trade, because no one had anything. Any level 60 rare weapon with a good damage roll was worth $250, the max value, and the three legendaries were on sale for trillions of in-game gold. There was simply too much disparity between a good item and everything else, and only a handful of people had anything of value. Since, at the time, the drop rate worked by giving you an incremental increase over your existing gear, the rich got richer while the common player continued to hit a brick wall in act 2 of Torment.

This is why it's important to use "gems/coins/battle currency" rather than in-game gold. As long as all trading must happen through the auction house and the currency is controlled by Blizz, it puts mass gold marketting out of business.

Look I highly doubt that those websites would be selling a Mempo of Twilight back then for x gold. No it would be around $250+. Sure they would also have gold for sale as well. But it would be along with gear and other things. Those things would be sold for real money instead of gold. So your idea of using something different wouldn't work. Because they would be selling the actual item for real money.

Also it would mean that I would be going back to salvaging Lacuni Kittens. Yes I found two Lacuni's back during the AH days but they were Kittens. Because both had no main stat nor crit chance.
D3 is showing signs of maintenance mode. Necro DLC was a a quick cash grab to recoup what work was done for a cancelled second expansion imo.

I just wish they balance out the game in terms of class builds so that there is no gulf in builds within a class and among classes for those of us who choose to stick with the game, before they hit the maintenance mode button.
Yup last season for me too. Hc doesn't even appeal to me anymore. A game for botters I think. Lol I'm not even sure why they do it :)
01/28/2018 09:20 AMPosted by MirrorMe
Ok, bye... Sad to see you go.... I just started... So i will see you in a few months....

wrong!

I think he's right....this game is done. no seeing you in a few months. way too many games out there to waste anymore time on this dinosaur.

Ironic because i still occasionally hop on D2....D3 doesn't even come close to being a successor to D2, unfortunately.

THANKS MR. WILSON!

ENOUGH!
Best of lucks! I also stopped playing D3 about two months ago after 5 (continuous) great years... but stop by from time to time to check if there is anything new.

Definitely will be back for D4 :) in the meantime having fun with MU Legend (a single rift taking me almost an hr to run cause is damn hard! And feels awesome! :P)
01/28/2018 07:34 AMPosted by EnkerZan
I'm surprised you stuck around this long. In the mean time, feel free to have a look at the other 3 main ARPGs if you happen to be looking for something like Diablo til another Diablo game comes.

1. Path of Exile
2. Grim Dawn
3. Median XL

Median XL is Diablo II overhaul modification (for free)
Not including graphics and movement overhaul modification

1) Grim Dawn
2) Path of Exile
3) Titan Quest Anniversary
4) The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut
5) Sacred 2
:-)

01/26/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Gimpzor
Hey everyone, just wanted to stop by and say it's been fun, but I think my Daiblo 3 career is at a point where I'm going to stop playing. I have been playing this game for going on 6 years now, and it's been fun. There have been ups and downs, but I think with the current state of the game it is time to hang up the towel.

Enjoy your Highly Rated *The Long Goodbye*
;-)
Little OT: There is a guy, who remakes Diablo2 in SC2 (which is free now). Last year, there was a playable alpha. Dunno if the beta is behind pay-wall, but the game will be free after release:
https://www.facebook.com/thecurseoftristram/
You weren't unpleasant in particular. Could you at least take Demonmonger with you?

StoneOld is still gone right?

I'm glad Zeddicus has been quiet.
01/30/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Seccie

StoneOld is still gone right?

StoneOld is boting... posting on his alt bnet tag StonePro
01/26/2018 01:36 PMPosted by DonMartin
01/26/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Gimpzor
hang up the towel

Throw in the towel.

Cya!

Funny that people seem to be annoyed that you corrected the poster's misuse of the actual Phrase.
04/22/2018 09:01 AMPosted by albabe
01/26/2018 01:36 PMPosted by DonMartin

Throw in the towel.

Cya!

Funny that people seem to be annoyed that you corrected the poster's misuse of the actual Phrase.

Can we be annoyed you posted in a thread 3 months old to say nothing important?