No S13 annoucement ?

General Discussion
1 more week ?
What's S13?
Announcements are usually made in the afternoon California time. The CMs are not even at work yet. Probably better to wait a bit and see if anything gets announced today or not.
@OP: Check back after 2-3 weeks.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/21492188/season-12-ending-soon-1-26-2018

Season 12 will end on the following dates:

North America: Sunday, February 11 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Sunday, February 11 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Sunday, February 11 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 13 will begin about two weeks afterward on the dates below:

North America: Friday, February 23 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Friday, February 23 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Friday, February 23 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
when is D4 coming?
when will they restructure D3's big massive problems?
Why did they change the schedule? Now it ends on Sunday, which used to be on Friday, now it starts on Friday, instead of Thursday, i thought that 1 day on start was to deal with any problems on season launch?
its always been start on Friday.
they changed it on 1 patch to Thursday i think.
01/26/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Thorodan
when is D4 coming?

Valid questions.

+1
I believe Season 11 and 12 were Thursday starts and the rest were Friday starts. +1 for Friday start.
01/26/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Prology

Yes, start was usually on Fridays, but got moved to Thursday because they wanted 1 more day to deal with potential issues on launch.

S11 started Thursday, July 20
S12 started Thursday, November 9

Was just curious if Friday is going to be normal again or if we will see more Thursdays. I enjoyed it starting on a Thursday tbh. I can understand that it was not the best for those who had to work Friday, as they would fall behind from the get-go.

I also like that it ends on a Sunday, giving us the weekend to push. Was simply surprised to see the sudden change in schedule :)
Wonder what next season will bring. I was away from d3 for a long time and only got to participate in a couple seasons so far.
01/26/2018 08:15 AMPosted by SuperFrog
1 more week ?

Yall should be asking if theres s13/new content...
Season 13. Ha! Let's just call it Season 12 plus. Buwahaha >:D
01/26/2018 11:47 AMPosted by MylilPwny
Why did they change the schedule? Now it ends on Sunday, which used to be on Friday, now it starts on Friday, instead of Thursday, i thought that 1 day on start was to deal with any problems on season launch?

Shouldn't be any problems on launch because they didn't add anything in the ptr. Just need someone to hit the "season go" button, then they can leave for the weekend.
01/26/2018 11:53 AMPosted by NINEGRAVES
when is D4 coming?

Valid questions.

+1

Thanks
Asking true questions on these forums, that are critical of D3's past choices, while expressing desire for D4 is .... downvote material.

People love praising Greater Rifts n D3's choices as opposed to being objective and...writing about the game to understand what's wrong.

There's nothing wrong with wanting D4 / D3's totally huge problems to get improved / recognized / talked about. That's not...offensive..hurtful..etc.
01/26/2018 12:04 PMPosted by MylilPwny
01/26/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Prology

Yes, start was usually on Fridays, but got moved to Thursday because they wanted 1 more day to deal with potential issues on launch.

S11 started Thursday, July 20
S12 started Thursday, November 9

Was just curious if Friday is going to be normal again or if we will see more Thursdays. I enjoyed it starting on a Thursday tbh. I can understand that it was not the best for those who had to work Friday, as they would fall behind from the get-go.

I also like that it ends on a Sunday, giving us the weekend to push. Was simply surprised to see the sudden change in schedule :)

Given that there basically hasn't been a patch, it's unlikely they'll need the extra day.
when is D4 coming?

restructure big massive problem in D3? You are the problem .. if you want, they can ban you right away.
01/27/2018 05:52 PMPosted by sh3riff
when is D4 coming?

restructure big massive problem in D3? You are the problem .. if you want, they can ban you right away.

Banned for...writing my own 2 sentence opinion of D3?
Politely - do you honestly believe D3 does not have...big...massive...core-problems? Please...be realistic / honest. Even the biggest D3 backer would say...if he/she were honest...yes D3 has big problems...here's and example or two...(or about 40ish in my case). I ask you to write in Notepad/Word/P&P...play D3...play D2...write everything you like and dislike about both games....then you'll have pages of bullet-points. You can compare the two....the issues get.....really really deep. You start to see how every design choice has pro/con....all of them do.

Then, you ask yourself what do you value most and why. And you wish blizzard would ask the same of its customers and not just assume. Examples are key...everywhere you can fit them in to support....like scientific reports?

F/e I don't like how D3 has...no mob-stun...or noticeable enough mob stun...on your character. Why? That allows players to run freely through most maps / mobs to just...chill out until the next elite. That's not difficult gameplay. Map design. movement skills being created instead of FRW gearing tradeoff with high diminishing returns....etc etc. You can see how these design choices snowball into the next one...all accumulate into what we have in D3.

Bc I have pages and pages I can't help but throw in a second one quick. Look at how cool Lut Gholein's music and art is compared to anything in D3. Are you kidding me?

"Harem" is by far my favorite D2 song - how COOL!

Look at the flames on the torches in Lut Gholein...the background...look at...mercernary's...they move around...that's realistic...they have cool dialogue and voice acting...its all done so well. There's no totally worthless mercs...there's some that just have cool stories....the layout of the town isn't some long and narrow like A1 in D3...that saves us time....etc etc. I'm done I could go on and on.