The Problem with Steed Charge

Crusader
"Mount a celestial war horse that allows you to ride through enemies unhindered for 2 seconds."

Except not quite most the time i get caught in the middle of a wave of enemies and cant pass thru its bad enough that there is a 16 second cooldown for a 2 second ability but half the time it wont even go thru enemies unhindred either actually its more hindering to use this then something else when im doing rifts i want to be able to run thru enemies and set them on fire with the nightmare rune or chain them with draw and quarter plz blizz fix this

also i know this will never happen but could we maybe get an optional wasd or arrow keys for movement and leave the mouse for attack only(just an option that you could toggle)
01/22/2018 09:25 AMPosted by JordanB500
Except not quite most the time i get caught in the middle of a wave of enemies and cant pass thru

That's because you clicked an attack on an enemy. Force move or LMB pressed on empty ground and then held down for the duration will work every time.

#PLBKAC
01/22/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Mercury
Except not quite most the time i get caught in the middle of a wave of enemies and cant pass thru

That's because you clicked an attack on an enemy. Force move or LMB pressed on empty ground and then held down for the duration will work every time.

#PLBKAC

P.E.B.K.A.C. not PLBKAC.
01/22/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Duckypoo
01/22/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Mercury
#PLBKAC

P.E.B.K.A.C. not PLBKAC.
Both are correct. Problem existing and problem lying between keyboard and chair are the same thing.
most the time i get caught in the middle of a wave of enemies and cant pass thru its bad enough that there is a 16 second cooldown for a 2 second ability but half the time it wont even go thru enemies unhindred
I am curious as to where on the screen you are clicking when you get stuck. Because, oftentimes what happens to me is that, whenever I try to move through a mob of monsters, I inadvertently click on a monster rather than a space on the ground, which initiates an attack, not movement. In the past, I have gotten stuck on corners of the map and chests, and also been slowed down by breakable objects.
actually its more hindering to use this then something else when im doing rifts i want to be able to run thru enemies and set them on fire with the nightmare rune or chain them with draw and quarter
Might I suggest, if you intend to use Steed Charge for mobility, that you select the Endurance Rune, which will increase the duration to three seconds. Also, you might find this one-handed flail quite handy: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/swiftmount-Unique_Flail_1H_103_x1 In addition, you may decide to switch the Heavenly Strength passive skill with Fervor, which will increase your attack speed and reduce cooldowns by 15%. A Diamond in your helm will further reduce your cooldowns.

Just out of curiosity: Have you found Kanai's Cube yet?
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/kanais-cube
Well OP is only paragon 46 so he's not going to have that GR 90 feel quite yet.
I am curious as to where on the screen you are clicking when you get stuck. Because, oftentimes what happens to me is that, whenever I try to move through a mob of monsters, I inadvertently click on a monster rather than a space on the ground, which initiates an attack, not movement. In the past, I have gotten stuck on corners of the map and chests, and also been slowed down by breakable objects.

when waves of enemies are on the screen i sometimes find it hard to click empty spaces

Might I suggest, if you intend to use Steed Charge for mobility, that you select the Endurance Rune, which will increase the duration to three seconds. Also, you might find this one-handed flail quite handy: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/swiftmount-Unique_Flail_1H_103_x1 In addition, you may decide to switch the Heavenly Strength passive skill with Fervor, which will increase your attack speed and reduce cooldowns by 15%. A Diamond in your helm will further reduce your cooldowns.

cant i just use paragon and item/gems to increase attack speed instead? since most of the time any 1 handed flails i find are weak and arent worth switching too and the lvl 70 green two handed flail was the latest one ive recieved, and most the time i have to reroll stats just to break even with new items and atm i cant even do torment on my own or with my friends help.(who also has a lvl 70 paladin at paragon 50ish)

Just out of curiosity: Have you found Kanai's Cube yet?
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/kanais-cube
when waves of enemies are on the screen i sometimes find it hard to click empty spaces

cant i just use paragon and item/gems to increase attack speed instead? since most of the time any 1 handed flails i find are weak and arent worth switching too and the lvl 70 green two handed flail was the latest one ive recieved, and most the time i have to reroll stats just to break even with new items and atm i cant even do torment on my own or with my friends help.(who also has a lvl 70 paladin at paragon 50ish

I typically main a wiz, so I understand the how different using something like steed is for mobility. I found the best way way to key bind a force move. I hold force move when I activate steed charge and I don't click anything else unless I want to end my steed early.

The passives: Heavenly Strength also comes with a 20% dmg penalty, and Fervor comes with a 10% damage gain. One handed weapons generally attack faster allowing more opportunities to crit. For these reasons, it is recommended that you use one handed weapons and Fervor while you are still farming your build. Many builds keep the one handed and Fervor. You really will kill more monsters, and faster.
i am using the endurance rune for steed now and am having a better overall experience although still with a few problem areas like steed activates then after a few seconds it deactivates also idk what move set i should go for as i didnt know until now that you can use multiple skills from the same set atm im using concecrate, jusgement and the one that makes you jump with steed

atm i just started using Piro Marella

and until i can get a ldecent rare/legendary 1hander i wont switch to fervor besides penalty or not i think its worthwhile
01/24/2018 09:07 PMPosted by JordanB500
and until i can get a ldecent rare/legendary 1hander i wont switch to fervor besides penalty or not i think its worthwhile

You Are still using mostly yellow gear which tells me you haven't farmed your build yet. In case you need a little direction, here is my guide to farming.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20760687532
i have 4 pieces of the akkhan set im going for 5 if you count boots(the boots are a downgrade mostly)

ive been doing rifts and bounties and so far the best way to get set pieces is just to do as much rifts as possible and save the blood shards cuz ive gotten all my set pieces from drops and not from kadala