i7 6700k maximus 9 hero latest everything
gtx 980 4gb
1080p monitor
ssd
32 gb ram
1000w psu gold
nothing overheating
Trifecta,

Could you please try setting the Desktop App option to run Diablo III with its 32 bit client instead of the 64 bit one and see if makes a difference?

Toggling 32-Bit Mode - https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/33881
I am having same issue for about a week now. have tried the 32 bit version plays worse than the 64 bit.
yea I have tried 32 bit mode aswell
no give lol
32 bit now working with game bar off so far!
Having the same issue, random short freezes and stuttering, can be the moment between life and death so it is a major issue in my eyes to be honest.

I tried many things, 32bit version, 64bit version, latest drivers, different internet connection, updated everything, turned off vsync, forced 60fps on the foreground on the back ground, turned it off, turned sound on and off, nothing seems to work. And many more things i have tried.

I have this both on my pc and laptop. All other games run fine, except for D3.
yup problem is back for me yay happy to hear others are having thew same issue
Same stuttering and sometimes rubber banding for the past few days. Was rock solid last week.
I have also stuttering since the last Battle Net Update.
Also in both versions 32 and 64 bit.
Same here for about a week :( Have tested a heap of settings on my pc and nothing helps. Cant play like this.
I started experiencing severe stuttering today after updating windows 10 last night.

edit: switching to 32 bit client worked for me.
been happening to me also.

switching to 32bit doesnt help. even ran repair.
01/22/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Trifecta
random feezing stuttering sick of it have tried everything
gtx 980 4gb
1080p monitor
ssd
32 gb ram
1000w psu gold
nothing overheating
ITS NOT MY RIG

Your GPU, is it MSI ? i have had those spikes also after last windows update, just now i found out that it was my MSI gaming app that was cousing the lagg, i disabled all aps from MSI and now my PC is running smooth
01/28/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Everdream
01/22/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Trifecta
random feezing stuttering sick of it have tried everything
gtx 980 4gb
1080p monitor
ssd
32 gb ram
1000w psu gold
nothing overheating
ITS NOT MY RIG

Your GPU, is it MSI ? i have had those spikes also after last windows update, just now i found out that it was my MSI gaming app that was cousing the lagg, i disabled all aps from MSI and now my PC is running smooth

mine is EVGA 1080 sc2. I dont use any apps for gaming with it.
Well.. i am rocking MSI gpu's on both pc and laptop, though no MSI apps on the pc, have to check that when i get home next week or so. I will try to disable the MSI apps see if that does anything. Does this include MSI True Color?

Another trick that might help some, if you have diablo installed on a ssd, is to keep at least 20% of the ssd storage free.. if your ssd gets to full it might cause problems too.

Also i seem to have even more problems with the latest nvidea drivers version 390.65, went back to 388.43 and that does seem to help a bit, though i still experience short freezes here and there.
I have tried everything
Nothing on my end works
Hello Trifecta : I'm having some stuttering too (on a nVidia GT 640 GPU)... I was kinda blaming it on nVidia... now, I'm not sure.

I've disabled the Full Screen Optimization (have you tried that ? let me know if you need the procedure) for now and it helps, but does not solve it entirely. I've tried disabling the last Windows patch as instructed in https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20761026420#post-1 ... it helped for a while and then the stuttering came back. So I have undone the change.

At the moment, I'm just putting up with the intermittent freezes.
Hello Boubou,it's not your machine it's some else and i have tried everything except hacking into my registry for game sake.
Just talked to and played D3 with my friend last night who never has issues with any game
and he was also have the problem we are having stuttering freezing.
Having this same problem. I've tried 64 bit and 32 bit versions.

Every time I get these micro-freezes, I see some variation of this event in the logs:

[BGS] |event=rich_presence_failure|key=id: 82248607, id: 149696850 program: 17459 region: 1|missing_presence_unique_id=0 (src\low\service\presence\rich_presence.cpp:156)

Could this be the cause or is this unrelated?