A Consumable that lets you re-roll a 2nd stat

General Discussion
Alright so here me out. Dont you hate it when you finally get the ancient you wanted after 20+ hours of looking for it and it rolls with everything you need besides 2 stats are messed up.... The ancient becomes garbage.

But what if there was a consumable (kinda like Ramaladni's Gift) that you use on the ancient and it lets you re-roll up to two stats on that item... making that ancient you have been grinding for worth it.

Let me hear your ideas
Loot is easily come by in this game. Finding gear with the correct affixes is all that's really left of the loot hunt. So for ancient items I will have to disagree.

Though for their primal versions, I wouldn't mind.

Finding a primal piece for your build is hard enough, and when they drop with undesirable affixes, it can be quite frustrating.
Sorry, but Blizzard's so called Rng, would highly reward one player, and completely forget about another. What we need is a Cube recipe.

I already created a post about this and really need upvotes.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20761037837
Add a Kanai's cube recipe for reforging Primals.
-- whereby cubing Primals remain Primals
-- salvage junk primals to get primal essence to used with cube recipe
-- downside is that botters get a win-win

EDIT: To keep true to DIablo3's grinding game. Could add a pseudo cap. Require increasing primal essence quantity to reforge each time.
Don't hold your breath on it OP. To get a guaranteed primal in anyway will never come reality in this type of game where grinding gears is all about.
01/30/2018 08:48 PMPosted by MegaCream
But what if there was a consumable (kinda like Ramaladni's Gift) that you use on the ancient and it lets you re-roll up to two stats on that item...

That sort of consumable should only apply to Primals if anything imo. And it should reset the rerolled state; making it visible by removing circular blue arrows cycling next to an affix indicating that stat is rerolled. You throw this consumable in the cube with a rerolled Primal, and recipe resets the "rerolled state" of item. So, you can reroll another stat second time from Mystic by choosing which affix to reroll again from the diminished list.

edit: to clarify, scheme appears in my mind like that:
Player rerolls an affix of found Primal to optimize it first, and upon doing that obviously game locks the affix that needs to be rerolled at the oncoming attempts. For the example's sake let's say it's a Primary stat out of 4 affix group, 2 secondaries untouched.

When that Kanai recipe is applied (may be with Ramaladni's Gift and a huge chunk of Forgotten Souls, we're totally run on imagination here), that reroll locked affix is removed from the list of possible rerolls slots and reroll state is reset. Such Primal items like that will become "marked" (first rerolled affix appears with a red bullet for example or something).

Upon applying it, Mystic will not list that once-rerolled affix and asks player to pick another new affix to reroll, between 3 primary affixes and 2 secondaries instead. Totally removing that once rerolled primary affix from possibilities, as it's already the way you want it is now. Process can not be replicated in any way to reroll more affixes. As an once "marked" item will not interact with the recipe ingredients and fail to transmute successfully.
01/31/2018 07:20 AMPosted by DreamKiller
Don't hold your breath on it OP. To get a guaranteed primal in anyway will never come reality in this type of game where grinding gears is all about.

I think this game at one point was about grinding gear. To me it seems more about grinding paragon, which I suck at.

I personally wouldn’t want the extra roll to the primary stat, gearing now is overly easy. Yeah, I may never get perfect ancient/primal gear, but it gives me something to work for and look forward to even if it’s just a little enjoyment.
01/30/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Jay
Loot is easily come by in this game. Finding gear with the correct affixes is all that's really left of the loot hunt. So for ancient items I will have to disagree.

Though for their primal versions, I wouldn't mind.

Finding a primal piece for your build is hard enough, and when they drop with undesirable affixes, it can be quite frustrating.

No offense but your so wrong. While loot is easily come by, the right loot, with the right stats, even if they are crappy rolls, doesn't come for many people ever.

Sure that's RNG, but at the same time it would be nice to have another option for those who never find what they are looking for.

Like me. I've never seen an ancient travelers pledge with a natural socket. Ever.

Of course I'm guessing, I don't know if I'm low or high, but thousands of legendary drops every season. Like probably 5-10k. Very reasonable assumption.

Probably about a third of that to maybe fifty percent in mats, so maybe 2.5-5k in mats.

And probably 10's of thousands in blood shards.

I see that every season. Now granted I'm rerolling stuff besides the travelers pledge but the point is I see a butt load of drops and spend a poop ton of mats and never have I seen an ancient travelers pledge with a natural socket.

This is just one example. I have never acquired perfect gear. And no I don't mean "perfect" like max rolls I just mean perfect where every item, has every stat that I want, at 75% or more of it's max roll.

That being said what's the harm in adding another option to try to get the right stuff?
@terasque.

While I understand what you mean. I believe it would not be healthy for the game. Believe me, I fall into the same boat with certain items like Tzo Krin and SWK Shines. Yes I finally found an ancient Tzo, but I am still looking for an ancient amulet replacement which just will not drop. But you know what? It kept me playing long after I achieved my personal goals this season.

Allowing 2 rerolls on ancients means a LOT of ancients, if not most, will be good to great killing the loot hunt.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Use Ramaladni's Gift to upgrade an ancient to a primal
This item is desperately needed. Full support right here

What we need to remember is that D2 was effectively "clocked" when you could repeatedly smash Baal and Cow Runs with decent gear. There was no "tougher" content, unless you were running Uber Trist runs, and let's be honest, virtually nothing other than a Grief Smitadin could do that.

The truth is that no one is even close to "clocking" D3 - i.e. a 150 Grift. With such variability in itemisation like we didnt have in D2 - where items always rolled the same attributes with different values, here we have +4 other stats, making it unbelievably difficult to find the items you need, even with the ability to re-roll one stat.

So I'm in favour.
01/30/2018 08:48 PMPosted by MegaCream
But what if there was a consumable (kinda like Ramaladni's Gift) that you use on the ancient and it lets you re-roll up to two stats on that item...

Loot hunt is the best thing in this game and it has become quite easy already with cube and increased drop rates from higher torments. So I have to disagree with this.

What i would agree with is that this new gift would allow us to re-roll one of secondary properties. There are some good properties for example amulets, bracers and chest pieces can each have 7% melee/ranged dmg reduction. Ofc this would make gearing thorns build much easier.
Remove primals remove ancients. These were dumb ideas from the getgo. The only acceptable repeating of named items is if you have to make a low level one and a max level one.
01/31/2018 03:27 PMPosted by GiantAxe
This item is desperately needed. Full support right here

What we need to remember is that D2 was effectively "clocked" when you could repeatedly smash Baal and Cow Runs with decent gear. There was no "tougher" content, unless you were running Uber Trist runs, and let's be honest, virtually nothing other than a Grief Smitadin could do that.

The truth is that no one is even close to "clocking" D3 - i.e. a 150 Grift. With such variability in itemisation like we didnt have in D2 - where items always rolled the same attributes with different values, here we have +4 other stats, making it unbelievably difficult to find the items you need, even with the ability to re-roll one stat.

So I'm in favour.
Fury druid, frenzy barb, anything that could get a little crushing blow and high enough attack rating to occasionally hit. To pretend you needed Grief is ridiculous. Grief/smite trivialized ubers not made them possible. Smite doesn't miss so thats the only thing really going for that but angelic combo basically made it doable for any melee character.

If your complaint is you can't face roll the most difficult difficulty level (GR150) and that you think that point in a game should be able to be reached (not an unreasonable request) why not just lower the difficulty levels instead of trying to go about it in an indirect way (ie messing with itemization). The game literally tells you what named items to use to support the skills you want. The only thing there is is finding the same item, again, with right stats. And then finding that higher tiered one. And then again. I just think its dumb to go about introducing features (a consumable) to fix something that is fundamentally wrong with the foundation. Gameplay should not be focused on acquiring stuff to make the glaring flaws with the game less impactful. Their itemization structure sucks. They've never addressed it. Instead we add rams gift instead of addressing the fact that weapon sockets are way too damn powerful, especially the emerald.

Gameplay features should not be introduced to address fundamental flaws in design.
Anything feasible that does not give any single player [Full-time or part-time] an advantage over another, Blizzard seems to be amenable to.

Keep that in mind. In principle the idea is good. I understand the frustration. No player is exempt at times, like getting a Yang's Bow that needs extra damage and it is loaded with Vitality and Life on hit and comes with no Discipline and you have a UHE build. I could keep going, but it is part of the game not to get a perfect roll every time.

If it was easy anyone could do it and everyone would get bored much faster than many already seem to have.

Personally, I get a big buzz, that "YES!!!" feeling, when I occasionally get a weapon or item that does a near perfect roll. If that happened on everything, that buzz would cease to exist.
I understand the frustration OP. And it isn't as if Blizz hasn't added things to the game to help mitigate some of the frustration of the loot hunt. Re-rolling stats, Rami gift, and the cube are all a direct result of players complaints about the loot hunt. However, that being said, there is still a need for failure. When the entire point of playing is continuing to find better gear even if that better gear takes months of play, why would the devs add something to shorten it?

While I am glad the devs added the methods we do have, I still question the wisdom of the additions. Loot grind is all about loot grind. Besides I would argue that the cube presents exactly what the OP wants. That being the ability to change a poorly rolled item into a better rolled item. Even with the "chance to lose primal or ancient tags" it can simply be continuously re rolled until the player hits the jackpot.
At the very beginning, it was very hard to get a good item. Ofc there was AH to help us out. When they closed AH and with the advent of ROS, they increased the chance of getting legs. We all got the legs we wanted, so they created ancient items. With the help of Kadala and the cube, everyone got ancients. So they had to create primals.

If we ask for and obtain new ways to facilitate the acquisition of primals, what will be left for us to grind ? Will they have to create a new type of items again ? I think we have all the tools to reach primal gears. It is time for us to live with what we got and stop the cycle.
Omg bro there is something called Kanais cube!!! Page 2 go use it bro, don't be cheap, use your mats and REFORGE!!!!!!
If your complaint is you can't face roll the most difficult difficulty level (GR150) ...

Gameplay features should not be introduced to address fundamental flaws in design.

Not just me, any body. No one has come close to a 150 gr, let alone facerolling it.

and re the second point avove, yes, thats exactly what should be done, if flaws in gameplays cant/wont be addressed.
02/01/2018 04:52 PMPosted by GiantAxe
If your complaint is you can't face roll the most difficult difficulty level (GR150) ...

Not just me, any body. No one has come close to a 150 gr, let alone facerolling it.

and re the second point avove, yes, thats exactly what should be done, if flaws in gameplays cant/wont be addressed.
I wasn't meaning you specifically but all players. You seem to be of the opinion that there should be an "end" to the game - that players can reasonably reach. I'm of that opinion too. It the manner in which you (not you specifically) approach it. I'm not in favor of more power creeping just so people can play GR 150 just so we can say people are playing at the highest level offered by the game. Just lower the highest level. Simple.

You think someone should be able to do the highest GR. Make GR100 the highest. No point adding artificially adding power just so players can reach GR150.

As for the other comment, I find that utterly ridiculous. Fix the problems, don't add stuff attempting to hide problems. Because the problems are still there and it still affects the play experience in a negative way.