Banwave

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
02/10/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Bassdude

You tell lies as well its your nose that smells.its your feet that stink:)

down vote for a joke if you cany see it for what it is dont vote

( the nose is the organ of smell. so feet cant smell . But feet can have a odor that stinks.)

Actually I rarely ever tell lies unless it is to protect someone that would be severely damaged by the truth that I care about immensely and even then it is only to leave out some of the truth, not blatantly lie.
I do not down vote someone just because they disagree with me. I down vote if I disagree with something that is bad for everyone. So it was not me. I would happily say it was me right here if I did downvote either of the previous posts. So someone else has done it. Wrong, yet again, like your friends or associates who should be capable of defending themselves.

You do however assume the disposition of someone faceless and insulting me by saying I lie achieves nothing.
I probably have children older than you who are already married with children of their own.

Insult someone else that does not find it so transparent.

Wrong wrong wrong it was a joke on that feet cant smell not a attack on you. AS for you have kids older than i no way i was born in 1958 per happs its my sence of humour you dont under stand but if you are in any way upset by the joke then i unreseverdly apologies to you and yours as that was not my intention it was to bring a bit of fun here not to upset any one.
02/09/2018 07:18 PMPosted by StoneCold
Still have to be GR100 to get on either the Seasonal or nonSeasonal DH board, so who cares about a ban wave...really...

Are you telling me that all you guys out here cheering for a ban wave see any effect whatsoever on your placing (or not) on the leaderboards?

If so, please reply with your current and previous standing.

Do you bot as well, sweetie-pie?
This banwave sure doesnt seem to be systematically done, it seems like someone from the hacks team was bored and hand picked a couple of high profile accounts during his lunch break.

Better than nothing i guess...
the 4 player highscore looks silly now. Most teams have one two players eradicated, but the 4500 paragons of the remaining two are allegedly legit.

We are at the point where rank 990 with 1500 paragons commands more respect than these so called high score of the top 800.
I have no problem if Blizzard Only bans leader board.

The main reason for bot is to get on leader board.
It helps.
At least a few high profile botters slipped through the cracks (cuddly).
02/10/2018 06:55 AMPosted by WiganSoulMan
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, they don't. Blizzard can terminate ANY license on ANY of there games for ANY reason they want. They can send you an email saying your battle.net account is being deleted because they don't like how your feet smell and there is NOTHING you or anyone can do about it legally because you agreed to their ToS.

This is not a court room, and that line of thinking just shows your naivete. Try actually reading a ToS sometime, it is quite illuminating.

BTW, Bliz, my feet don't smell! I promise! Don't delete me!

@ post topic

Unfortunately it seems this ban has NOTHING to do with botters. They are apparently banning people who exploited that Necro exploit, and of course the same scumbags who abuse exploits are obviously the same scumbags who use bots and thud. Too bad, just another corrupted season with no fair play incoming.

( the nose is the organ of smell. so feet cant smell . But feet can have a odor that stinks.)

Since you are arguing for the sake of arguing, I'll chime in. With the topic of the word smell being the most recent conundrum, perhaps you would like to look up the noun version of smell.

I mean we are on the American forum, where most people might claim to speak English. I will wait for your retort, since you so are bewilderingly spewing nonsense that has no basis for an argument at all. Try not to belittle someones intelligence while you're at it.
02/10/2018 10:49 AMPosted by PatJubJub
Blizzard doesn't take botting seriously. The paragon problem is a problem cause the bots just farm keys,gear etc. I have quit this game and moved on to PoE as the devs make constant changes unlike diablo 3. GG game is finally dead

The only time that this game is truly dead is when the servers are shut down. When the game is truly in maintenance mode, yes I mean officially announced by Blizz. That means the game is still alive until it is shut down. Heck D2:LOD has been in maintenance mode for many long years and it is still very much alive.
02/10/2018 05:23 PMPosted by VILEINFECTED
I mean we are on the American forum, where most people might claim to speak English.

As an Englishman, I can assure you some of those claiming it are not correct.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Since you are arguing for the sake of arguing, I'll chime in. With the topic of the word smell being the most recent conundrum, perhaps you would like to look up the noun version of smell.

I mean we are on the American forum, where most people might claim to speak English. I will wait for your retort, since you so are bewilderingly spewing nonsense that has no basis for an argument at all. Try not to belittle someones intelligence while you're at it.

what part of joke dont you understand. a joke /a play on words/a humorous observation etc. i said it was a joke. i also said i did not mean to upset anyone with it and have unreservedly said im sorry if any offence was taken by my action what more can i do apart from never ever been able to say anything because it may/may not be taken in a way that i did not intend in the first place.
02/10/2018 02:22 PMPosted by lightstorm
This banwave sure doesnt seem to be systematically done, it seems like someone from the hacks team was bored and hand picked a couple of high profile accounts during his lunch break.

Better than nothing i guess...

True.
And please, if a group lacks 1+ players, the whole record should be erased from the LB. No one is interested in records where at least 1 player was cheating/botting.
How about Blizzard hiring me to do the banning. I have a calculator and a working knowledge on how this works. Let's see, the number of days played in a season divided by the number of hours accumulated. Hmmmm seems to simple. Maybe they will just promote from within and give the janitor a promotion.
02/11/2018 12:29 PMPosted by metalofgod
How about Blizzard hiring me to do the banning. I have a calculator and a working knowledge on how this works. Let's see, the number of days played in a season divided by the number of hours accumulated. Hmmmm seems to simple. Maybe they will just promote from within and give the janitor a promotion.

I would like for them to hire a team dedicated specifically to making sure their ToS are being adhered to.

What we would have to figure out in your eyes though, is the amount of time we can consider "not normal" and when we perform the ban.

I know a lot of people that for 2-3 weeks straight, they play 18-20 hours a day. It would obviously be wrong to ban them. SO, do we wait for 5-6 weeks then start looking at a % of hours played compared to total hours in that timeframe? What would that % be?

I feel laying out a guideline that we as a community accept would/could be a step to allowing Blizzard to feel more comfortable taking action against botters.
02/11/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Demonmonger
02/11/2018 12:29 PMPosted by metalofgod

I would like for them to hire a team dedicated specifically to making sure their ToS are being adhered to.

What we would have to figure out in your eyes though, is the amount of time we can consider "not normal" and when we perform the ban.

I know a lot of people that for 2-3 weeks straight, they play 18-20 hours a day. It would obviously be wrong to ban them. SO, do we wait for 5-6 weeks then start looking at a % of hours played compared to total hours in that timeframe? What would that % be?

I feel laying out a guideline that we as a community accept would/could be a step to allowing Blizzard to feel more comfortable taking action against botters.

I would only use the hours as a flag. Then have those accounts investigated to see if they are running any bot programs.
We need weekly leaderbord reset with a season's best tab. Bot stats can be reset weekly especially effective with biweekly banwaves.
So NO banwave. Enjoy that spit in your face.
02/09/2018 07:18 PMPosted by StoneCold
Still have to be GR100 to get on either the Seasonal or nonSeasonal DH board, so who cares about a ban wave...really...

Are you telling me that all you guys out here cheering for a ban wave see any effect whatsoever on your placing (or not) on the leaderboards?

If so, please reply with your current and previous standing.

I moved up about 10 spots on the solo necromancer leaderboard non-season (~750 at the time). I have dropped rapidly once the season ended. It is clear that the bans for bots were very partial if you check out the drop statistic on one of the bot sites that records how many legendaries their bot picks up every 24 hours. I think currently it is 1.9 million per 24 hours. This is only one of many bot sites.

Stone,
It is not about the leaderboards per se, it is about fairness. If Blzzard explicitly states that botting is against the rules and they will ban you for botting, enforce said rule. If Blizzard is only going to ban a hundred(s) botters (a small percentage of the total), then maybe Blizzard should either ban botters aggressively or just come out a say that botting is allowed so that ethical players know.
I know at least 2 people who bot, neither play for leaderboards

I understand hate for those who bot to take away leaderboard progress from a legit player like us, but as a legit player I do not even care for leaderboards. I play solo myself and I am para 1857 on my non seasonal.

Blizzard from what I can tell bans leaderboards bitters or those who stream while botting, they seam to leave the casual botters (like my 2 friends)alone as they aren't cause g issues for other players.

They aren't trying to get ahead, they just have lives and sometimes like to let there game do runs for them.

I'm not justifying botting in any way, I'm just saying not all of them are immigrants trying to steal you jobs

P.S.

On and on about botters, what about the multiboxers who use 3 or 4 accounts at once to get to the leaderboards faster in a shorter amount of time. I think multiboxing is a bigger problem then botting overall.
Well it was inevitable, I'm just surprised so many people complain, shout that the game is dead, Blizzard broke Diablo III etc. (does the last statement even make any sense)

It's super simple and easy for every player/customer to understand:

A. Play with no bots/addons/etc, no risk, no worry.
B. Play with bots/addons/etc. risky, can get banned losing leaderboard position and account.

Maybe now this game can "die in peace" one day as a legit game instead of the messy state it was in the last few seasons.