Question for those that tirade vs. botting

General Discussion
02/11/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
They're not the only people affected by cheaters. People that don't give a damn about the leaderboards are also indirectly affected. I am one of these players and it affects me.

How? Let me point out one of the ways. If the players that are directly affected by cheaters get fed up and leave, those like me are left with less players that don't cheat. In seasons it becomes more and more likely you'll go to join a random public game and find people with very high paragon that shouldn't be possible in the early season. Cheaters are not fun to play with, as they tend to run ahead of everyone and slaughter everything with their ill gotten paragon, gem ranks etc etc. They never stick with the group, they just tear off and leave other players trailing behind. I don't know about you, but I find find chasing another player just to collect loot fun. Therefore cheating negatively affects me. If I attempt to join random public games now, I'm more likely to find cheaters at this point than I am legit players. This is starting to trickle into non-season as well, a game mode I prefer over seasons for (reasons) that are not relevant to this thread.

The only way cheaters do not 100% affect you is if you sit in solo games only and never attempt any multiplayer aspect in this game. If players like me start doing this, it snowballs and affects new players or other players who haven't outright left, as there is a much smaller player pool available that doesn't use cheaters.

Letting cheaters continue just encourages more players to cheat, which can eventually wreck the game. Diablo 1 had this issue with ease of accessibility of cheats, it was crazy hard to find legitimate players that weren't out to wreck your happy game time. Blizzard should punish any and all cheaters, regardless of how 'harlmess' anyone sees the cheats.

No offense, but nothing you said shows how it affects you, not significantly anyway. People botting is the least of this game's issues.
02/13/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Sonny
No offense, but nothing you said shows how it affects you, not significantly anyway. People botting is the least of this game's issues.

Read it again then. There are less players to play the game with when I enjoy playing multiplayer due to frustration with cheaters. The more legit players that leave the game, the more likely I'll end up in games with bots or other cheaters in public games. It affects me and others like me. If I wanted to play a single player game, I'll go play a single player game. I play Diablo 3 for an RPG because I do enjoy team play in my ARPG.

It may not affect me as directly as those that compete for ranking on the leaderboard, but it still has a negative impact on the game for me.
02/13/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Sonny

No offense, but they did provide multiple examples of how cheating affects all of us in the game.

You, however, did not provide any examples of your assertion that " People botting is the least of this game's issues".
When they not only bot but also make a public campaign out of it, it's gone from pathetic into hilarious.
You guys gotta cut this botting !@#$ not everything is >_>
02/11/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Avalon
It would appear that many of the people who complain about botting would never be at the top of the leader boards regardless. Some people will complain about every aspect of the game no matter what. With that being said, other players do push the leader boards and it might be very difficult for them to compete with the cheaters. I never really understood what gratification a person receives from cheating, you can see these dweebs on Twitch and Youtube. The major issue is the apparent lack of interest on the part of the developers. A person can get banned from this forum if he/she brakes the rules, but nothing happens to botters who brake the internal integrity of the game. They should just create a botter leader board and a real player leader board, the player base is already so fragmented it does not really matter anymore.

And since I will never run a sub 10sec 100m dash, I shouldn't say a thing about the use of banned substances by virtually everyone who has ever broken that mark either, should I. Clearly, it's more fun to watch a few people at the top profit from their cheating and stay silent, because it's not like they're taking anything away from me, right?
Yes it does affect everyone even the ones that are not on the leader boards. Allowing others to bot is only bad for not only the game and the company. If a company like Blizz touts play fair and they want a fair and even playing field. Then they have to do their best to make sure that they don't allow anyone to bot with impunity.

Next it affects us players beause we know that there are those that either seem to be allow or are allowed to bot with impunity. This weakens the verey same rules that we all agree to abide by when we hit play. In time those words seem to be merely words on paper. Then it would get to the point where you would wonder who doesn't cheat. Then those legit players would feel so alone where they would feel that the only way to compete is to cheat. If they don't want to do that then they leave the game. Which in turn would hurt Blizz as far as future sales of any game in the Diablo franchise.

Another way it affects us is that the resources Blizz uses to catch cheaters is resources that could've been spent to improve the quality of this game. I am sure that you would love this game even better if the quality was improved by around 200%, just as I would love to see that.
Honestly it doesn't affect me or anyone I play with. We all play clean and push into the leaderboards with multiple solos inside the top 100. We play to beat our own records, find upgrades and have plain old fashion fun. I can run all 4 toons in the meta thru 125 without the need to be all primal. Botters neither limit me in my gameplay or goals. While I would prefer no one did Bot or use THUD, I truthfully wouldn't care if everyone else in the game did.
02/16/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Hondomac
Honestly it doesn't affect me or anyone I play with. We all play clean and push into the leaderboards with multiple solos inside the top 100. We play to beat our own records, find upgrades and have plain old fashion fun. I can run all 4 toons in the meta thru 125 without the need to be all primal. Botters neither limit me in my gameplay or goals. While I would prefer no one did Bot or use THUD, I truthfully wouldn't care if everyone else in the game did.

Yes you would. If absolutely everyone did, you wouldn’t have a spot in the top 100. Your rank there is also not as high as it would be if there were no botters. And don’t tell me that doesn’t matter, you’re the one who listed your rank.

Even if that weren’t a factor, botting has certainly shaped the game itself. The entire history of the game can be traced back to the question “how do we limit the influence of botting?” So if you’ve disliked any system or big decision that’s been made, then botting has affected your enjoyment of D3.
Yolomouse and numlock are against ToS too so I don't really get why you think you can lump hud and bots in one category and draw a line in the sand that allows other forms of cheating.

Personally I only take issue with botters. I think there are plenty of things in this game that violate ToS but make for a better gaming experience, and it's better to have a less dogmatic view of the ToS otherwise you risk hypocrisy.

I finished the EU DH leader in the top 50, I know there are botters above me but it doesn't really bother me. I wouldn't get rank 1 even if there were no botters, and ultimately the leaderboard isn't a true measure of skill but more about time investment into fishing. People take it too seriously and they're convinced they're better at this game than they are. So you get people out of the top100 convinced they would be fighting in the top 10 if it wasnt for those pesky botters, they spend all their time whining and raging on reddit and here about botters instead of just focusing on their own gameplay and trying to beat their own records.
02/17/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Intenzity
I know there are botters above me but it doesn't really bother me

Wow, then your the first competitive player who doesnt care for that he actually got ranked worse than it should had been - i assume you must be a monk player because with that attitude you really must be "one with the world" ;)
Yolomouse and numlock are against ToS too so I don't really get why you think you can lump hud and bots in one category and draw a line in the sand that allows other forms of cheating.

I fail to see how the numlock that is something that was programmed into the game by Blizz as a cheat. If it was something that Blizz doesn't want us to use then why haven't they came out and said don't use the numlock. Further why haven't they gotten rid of it by now if they didn't want us to use it.

I finished the EU DH leader in the top 50, I know there are botters above me but it doesn't really bother me. I wouldn't get rank 1 even if there were no botters, and ultimately the leaderboard isn't a true measure of skill but more about time investment into fishing. People take it too seriously and they're convinced they're better at this game than they are. So you get people out of the top100 convinced they would be fighting in the top 10 if it wasnt for those pesky botters, they spend all their time whining and raging on reddit and here about botters instead of just focusing on their own gameplay and trying to beat their own records.

I have been learning more and more about this game during Season 12 along with watching some popular youtube content creators for D3. So I will use that to see what happens when I make my own system for not only getting to level 70 solo ASAP along with climbing to the level of GR that I want to in Season 13 with my monk that I will rebirth for Season 13. If I am right about how to go about doing things like augments, paragon farming and leveling the main dps gems, etc... Then I might try my hand at righting a guide of my own.

Some players just might be in the top 100 without all of the botters. Regardless I say that the quality of the game might even be as high as 200% better without anyone ever botting or using any type of a cheat. That is because all of the resources that have been used to combat cheats could've went into improving the quality of the game.
Botting affects me in that the first thing I do when doing bounties is find the bot so I can initiate a kick.
02/17/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Orrion
02/16/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Hondomac

Yes you would. If absolutely everyone did, you wouldn’t have a spot in the top 100. Your rank there is also not as high as it would be if there were no botters. And don’t tell me that doesn’t matter, you’re the one who listed your rank.

Sorry but your wrong. I still wouldn't care because as good as I do, I can't beat other people's paragon points. The extra mainstat is a huge help in either damage or life allowing those higher to do more. And before you say it, at 4K paragon a bot would add very little to paragon progression. Rifts and lower GRs don't really add up to much once you reach those levels.

I’m not sure about Yolomouse but I’m pretty sure Blizzard’s official stance on Numlock is that 1 button press = 1 action in the game.

The question is whether it gives players a significant advantage in the game, and it’s pretty clear that bots and hud do give a much more significant advantage than Yolomouse and Numlock.