Balance Blessed Shield Runes Please!

Crusader
I am new to the forum and not sure how to tag the forum moderators, but if someone knows, could you please tell the developer to look into balancing the Skill Runes for next patch?

Right now "Shattering Throw" is very dominating. But I would love to see these rune adjustments to make other options more viable.

1) Combust
- 33% chance to explode fire is too low. With fewer bounce damage bonus (in comparison to Shattering), the chance to explode should be at least 60%. This will make Combust rune skill much more effective.

2) Piercing Shield
- I really don't understand why is this rune skill even exist. It is literally useless for many reasons a) doesn't benefit from bouncing bonus b) narrow hitbox c) much lower damage overall.
- This rune skill should be buffed to "piercing" PLUS returning bounce (like D2's guided arrow). And the hitbox should increase by 30% instead of the small shield. With this buff, I can see some Crusader players choosing for stronger single target (or linear target) vs automatic bouncing.
- Since Piercing Shield won't bounce, the damage should be 600% instead of 430%, and the returning hit portion should be 300%. So a single target will receive 900% with one throw (x 2 hits).

3) Staggering Shield
- Again, another useless option.
- In addition to "stun effect", the stunned enemies should receive additional 100% damage during stunned duration. This would be an interesting option for players who want the safety of stun, and some damage bonus.

4) Divine Aegis
- Another useless option.
- The defense buff is way too low to be an attractive option.
- I suggest to again 5% Armour, 5% Life Regeneration, and 5% Damage Bonus for 4 Seconds (stack 4 times).
- So you get a big defense buff and some offense buff for a balanced approach.

Thank you for reading!

:)
Combust is actually stronger than Shattering Throw for pushing. That being said, the other three runes are very underwhelming.
02/02/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Jibikao
I am new to the forum and not sure how to tag the forum moderators, but if someone knows, could you please tell the developer to look into balancing the Skill Runes for next patch?

I'd suggest copy/pasting this in General Discussion as well as sending a link to the thread to the D3 Developer's Twitter. You can also make a thread in Reddit although I'm not sure how to best get visibility there.

https://twitter.com/Diablo
02/03/2018 03:59 AMPosted by HunterKiller
Combust is actually stronger than Shattering Throw for pushing. That being said, the other three runes are very underwhelming.

That is vs RG right?

I will try that out sometime.
02/06/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Astig
02/03/2018 03:59 AMPosted by HunterKiller

That is vs RG right?

I will try that out sometime.

For high GR Blessed Shield pushing, you have to gather monsters around you for Pain Enhancer as well as slowing monsters to proc BotT. Therefore Combust's secondary proc is much more effective than Shattering Throw.
All the above being said, if you have fire damage quite high, combust works great as do the others except Divine Aegis as you said, providing the relevant element has its damage way up.
I do however agree that because the shield does not split into smaller fragments that you have to work much harder to get them comparable, but it's not impossible other than possibly Aegis.

here's a staggering shield build that works pretty well. YES it needs more but it works nonetheless.
https://prnt.sc/ib52to