Harnor's Triple Bane Condemn Build

Crusader
Hola Nephalem Crusaders,

Below is a url to the walk-through of my Triple Bane Condemn build. It features 5 item changes, 2 items with alternate stat rolls, 3 skill changes, and a legendary gem variance vs the standard build. It is sturdier, survival-aimed, with focus on both mobile and stationary combat.
Check out my vid:
-------------------------------------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBiolF0q0s4
-------------------------------------------------
Enjoy,

--Harnor
I don't find this build to be sturdy at all you're just swapping esoteric and string of ears for unity, also wrath constantly low and you struggle to get the full offensive buff from endless walk.

You can do about the same build with Justice Lantern instead of Unity, hold your ground instead of vigilant and trade furnace for blood brother and maybe the provoke rune for the block one too.
^yup.

I played the Endless Walk variant several months ago while I was learning to play Condemn. It helps to have the additional toughness in the early stages. I suppose this could be another training wheel setup for those just breaking into the class/build.
02/06/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Kani
I don't find this build to be sturdy at all you're just swapping esoteric and string of ears for unity, also wrath constantly low and you struggle to get the full offensive buff from endless walk.

You can do about the same build with Justice Lantern instead of Unity, hold your ground instead of vigilant and trade furnace for blood brother and maybe the provoke rune for the block one too.

The secret lies in three additional sources of defense:
1) Slash/Electrify. Even with just the Laws of Valor in passive state, this give a 1.18 attacks per second. Slash/Electrify has a 25% chance to stun (mass stun in a 90 degree cone 12 yards in radius) but the stun lasts for 2 seconds. That's a full 58% of time that mobs affected by it will be stunned. Also, the constant attack, imo, keeps wrath in ample supply.
2) Bane of the Powerful gives you an extra 15% defense specifically against elites, which is where it really matters
3) Vigilant passive gives you another 20% resist vs non-physical. That's quite a bit, considering that it stacks with all other bonuses.
These three stack on top of the Endless Walk bonus and the Unity bonus. And that does not include the stun effect from Laws of Valor/Frozen in Terror.
02/07/2018 05:51 AMPosted by mrspank
^yup.

I played the Endless Walk variant several months ago while I was learning to play Condemn. It helps to have the additional toughness in the early stages. I suppose this could be another training wheel setup for those just breaking into the class/build.

I believe that ultimately, for GR push, the standard variant wins. However, I think we can all agree that the standard mode is difficult to implement on most maps (case and point, the mediocre setting of my GR 115 demo run) - there is a good reason why all top run videos feature the Festering Woods zone. The Triple Bane, on the other hand, handles virtually all terrain. It is not just so much a "training" build as it is a grind build for me.
I play D3 exclusively solo, so it is vital for me to be able to play for several hours without dying, so that I can get the most out of my Urshi gem upgrades and the Pool of Reflection's 25% exp bonus.
Hi

I have tried it but maybe from your explanation I was doing it wrong. I'll see if I can give it another go as on 105 I was no better off in doing my grind. Although I have to say i don't have a optimized travelers set for this build Just non ancient ring and amulate. Just fyi I think I did more so that's why I was a bit surprised as I had unity on.
02/07/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Dante
Hi

I have tried it but maybe from your explanation I was doing it wrong. I'll see if I can give it another go as on 105 I was no better off in doing my grind. Although I have to say i don't have a optimized travelers set for this build Just non ancient ring and amulate. Just fyi I think I did more so that's why I was a bit surprised as I had unity on.
As always there is a learning curve. A big part of getting your balance right is knowing when to move and when to stand still. As a training exercise, try starting to stutter-step about a second before your iron Skin wears out and coming to a stop about a second before it kicks in again. Once you get your basic timing, then you can start adapting the concept to specific situations and supplementing your defensive with the Laws of Valor/Frozen In Terror stun effect.

Just fyi, of course, you should have force stand-to-stutter step transition set up as a macro. There is such a macro built into the game but for reasons which I can't understand, it is a very clumsy piece of programming, so I advise either having a custom script or just simply making a macro via a gaming keyboard.
I just tried your build. I love it. Thanks.
Tried this build out, I like it quite a bit. I can't use the illusory boots yet, because my CDR isn't at 56% without Leoric's in the cube, but otherwise this is a solid build and definitely more tanky. That's one thing I don't like about the standard Condemn, is how easy it can be to die playing it.

Thumbs up, Harnor!