Is Furnace really the only way?

Crusader
In regards to Condemn, I feel like other choices besides Furnace get overlooked.
Like, what about the 2h Sword Bloodbrother?
20% increased block chance.
blocked attacks deal 30% less damage.
Next attack after blocking causes next damaging ability to deal 30% increased damage, with Condemn I feel like that would be really good. vs +50% damage to elites.
Maybe even corrupted ashbringer
Try it and see how it works.
My feeling is that at a certain point most of your progress comes from killing elites where Furnace has the edge. Also relying on blocking attacks from rift guardians could be a deadly strategy.... just think about Perendi and what about Voracity etc.
Furnace is the best, but you can use any sub-optimal or fun weapon you want.
02/04/2018 10:29 AMPosted by PhearBunny
In regards to Condemn, I feel like other choices besides Furnace get overlooked.
Like, what about the 2h Sword Bloodbrother?
20% increased block chance.
blocked attacks deal 30% less damage.
Next attack after blocking causes next damaging ability to deal 30% increased damage, with Condemn I feel like that would be really good. vs +50% damage to elites.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/akanesh-the-herald-of-righteousness-Unique_Spear_101_x1

You can also try Akanesh for the 25% Holy bonus and the benefit of using a 1-hander. It won't outpace Furnace, but it's an interesting alternative, and it's at least a starter until you've got the CDR to make a 2-hand build work.
You can try Heart Slaughter w/ the Shattering Explosion rune or a different 2h mace. Slaughter is not horrible and is good for farming.

Base damage is what matters. Below are primal factoring heavenly strength or fervor.:

Furnace (2h mace) = 3607- 4237 = 3920.5 avg * .8 = 3316.4 + 50% elite
Slaughter (2h polearm) = 3367- 4140 = 3753.5 avg *.8 = 3002.8 + 30% physical
Blade of P (2h sword) = 3007-4027 = 3517 avg * .8 = 2813.6 + a cube
Addendum (2h Flail) = 3211-3811 = 3511 avg * .8 = 2808.8 + 2 skill runes
Akanesh (1h spear) = 1913-2466 = 2189.5 + 15% CDR + 25% holy

Any of the above can work makeshift as you gear. Slaughter gets 30% physical but that is still less than 50% elite; however doing speed runs the area is nice. Sunder with the fire rune could work or Skywarden could work until you get a furnace. Yet none will compare with Furnace.
I think one of the reason why furnace is top is because condemn does not depend on attack speed. So the number on the weapon you need to look at is the raw damage amount and not DPS. After slapping in all the crazy multipliers, I the increase in damage is quite significant (just general feel, I don't have actual numbers). The other reason would be its legendary power.

I personally feel that the legendary power of furnace is "ok" power for condemn as when I play, I don't really just go hunt elites. I also try to look for trash together with the elites, and I feel that those trash adds quite a lot progression.

The other weapons mention can be good alternatives, but for the pushing the highest possible GR, Furnace would have the edge.

That said, I do hope that they will one day fix the internal cool down of condemn so that is scales with attacked speed. This would really bring more weapon possibility into the build, maybe even one handed weapons if we can manage our wrath.
Since I got a fairly useable Furnace, is it safe to salvage the Blade Of Prophecy?

Currently, I keep 2 of the best BoP I could find. Yet those 2 items eat space, which I prefer to allot to other gears like rings and belts.

PS. The best Furnace I have is an INT variety found by a Necro...
Don't salvage the BoP. You never know what blizzard could add a next patch that could replace the furnace in the cube.
If it's too much stash space, don't forget you can always give one to (one of) your enchantress.
02/08/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Kikaha
Don't salvage the BoP. You never know what blizzard could add a next patch that could replace the furnace in the cube.

I once had a Primal BoP from previous seasons and then BOOM Blizz added the 800% bonus. Fingers crossed for a new item that will synergize with Condemn. Maybe a shield version of Furnace and then cube Fryder instead.

If it's too much stash space, don't forget you can always give one to (one of) your enchantress.

NICE IDEA! Never thought enchantress can mule it.. :)