Dear Devs

Technical Support
Dear sirs,
Fix the rubber banding and lag.

sincerely, everyone who has ever played the game.
I am sure they would love to but Blizz does not own the internet. It is like a system or roads where some companies own some, and others own different ones. Congestion or hardware issues can happen anywhere along the way. Blizz does not control that any more than a store controls the roads to it.
Diablo 3 has got to be one of the most poorly coded mainstream games I have ever seen, along with some pretty poor servers. More people have issues with the game then those who don't. Let's just hope and pray that they actually use a newer/better engine, and better servers for the next installment of the Diablo franchise.
03/15/2018 07:38 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I am sure they would love to but Blizz does not own the internet. It is like a system or roads where some companies own some, and others own different ones. Congestion or hardware issues can happen anywhere along the way. Blizz does not control that any more than a store controls the roads to it.

Indeed, but it was gone for ages, and seems to have come back with this last patch.

It's the first time in a while I have experienced this. But it is also consistent.

Still not as bad as it used to be.
The lag's been bad since Season 8, further climbing in bursts around Season 11.

I've had much, much smoother time playing during launch, even when my speed tripled since then.

It was just as bad as RMAH. Now, I think it has less to do with overloading and more with actual signal exchanges. During RMAH, my devices heated so badly, and my modem even singed. I actually took nearly 11 months off consecutively during RMAH, when I already had a gym membership.

Even made my way to a local jiu jitsu place and the scrawny hostess boy tried to pick a fight with me when I said I was really looking to find skilled people to roll with. I was looking forward to meeting the judo master, too. I guess idiots really don't take you seriously when you tell them you know your stuff. The kid even suggested the TKD place down a few blocks was better suited for me. Service, huh? Too bad I already mastered kicking arts and TKD. He had the galls to ask me if I could recognize him.

It's seriously, seriously bad when most activities need to be disbanded immediately. More and more businesses just make less sense these days, with certain remaining few lacking the necessary attention. If businesses came with service, would that be a step forward? Using a gym facility used to be free. The YMCA used to be the Trump Towers back in the day.

The day I claim loss of bandwidth and connection.
Miss Cheetah, being technical support you would know that while the first response is always to assume it's the client, it very often is not and falling back on the generic and vague "internet" as an explanation is obtuse at best and insulting at worst.

The recent patches have created a noticeably different game experience and introduced a new type of input lag and lagged response. It's happening to players, it's happening to streamers, and it's happening to me.

Canned responses notwithstanding.

They could fix it simple.......offline play
I am glad to say, I haven't experienced this issue, and hope I don't see it.
03/15/2018 08:59 PMPosted by DOA

Hmm you just jinxed yourself, I think..
Even though I don't understand anything about quantum mechanics stuff, I would gladly pay Blizzard for a couple kilograms of entangled matter (communication fuel), for which my computer and Blizzard servers could communicate directly and faster than the speed of light with complete privacy. Even with Diablo 3's inefficient communication, I doubt I could exhaust kilograms of entangled atoms in my life time (1 atom = 1 bit of information sent/received). That will solve HC deaths due to disconnects too! No more offline mode needed.

Imagine Internet in the future... go to the local Comcast Gas Station and buy a ball of magic stuff for about 20 petabytes of broadband, and put it into your computer's quantum microwave and play some Diablo VII and stream holographic Netflix at 0ms ping.
03/15/2018 10:07 PMPosted by nslay
Even though I don't understand anything about quantum mechanics stuff, I would gladly pay Blizzard for a couple kilograms of entangled matter (communication fuel), for which my computer and Blizzard servers could communicate directly and faster than the speed of light with complete privacy. Even with Diablo 3's inefficient communication, I doubt I could exhaust kilograms of entangled atoms in my life time (1 atom = 1 bit of information sent/received). That will solve HC deaths due to disconnects too! No more offline mode needed.

Imagine Internet in the future... go to the local Comcast Gas Station and buy a ball of magic stuff for about 20 petabytes of broadband, and put it into your computer's quantum microwave and play some Diablo VII and stream holographic Netflix at 0ms ping.

Nice, I doubt too many people even understand what quantum entanglement is, but I concur. A game in the future with such capabilities would be awesome. Virtual world of diablo, maybe we can get exercise while playing simultaneously.
Funny thing with what was proven with binary coding is that you don't have to transfer or allocate anything at all. Technically, from a physical standpoint, data doesn't exist. Relatively, data doesn't have to take up space, for that matter.

Virtually, faster than a character appearing on screen immediately after keying it, you can produce terabytes of data with bits of memory.

Your device shouldn't even require a physical connection. Faster than a LED turning on, a computer should have ample information to produce data on it's own. Nothing had to actually be downloaded or installed.

Btw, seconds of ping is technologically unsound. Things just going offline or vanishing can cause delayed ping, but that's a completely different scenario. Ping in MS is produced or generated that way.

This is extremely oldschool, but if I remember correctly, pings are actually illegal forms of signals.
They were originally to enhance sonar navigation during a weather jam or interference. It was to send a beam at the speed of light to enhance into a series of resonance. Pings were only for producing unnecessary noise. If you understand what signals are, than the internet and lag is a crock of nonsense. The internet or world wide web was actually developed across the street. Fiber optics cables were originally meters tall in circumference. <--- You wouldn't 'calculate' an opening (of a cable) in diameter.

We've had full-definition images of space over a century ago on manual cranks and gas propellants - with records of closer in parameter (from) views even dating back to the 13th centuries (timelines always overlapped based on calendar, also there were several reigns ongoing.) Before the development of a screen, images were digitally displayed 'on' gas contained or flowed in immense chambers. They actually looked better than holograms. Holographs were a thing.
MissCheetah is not a member of the tech support staff. She is a player like the rest of us.

I get occasional lag and rubberbanding but it's usually rare and minor.
Strangely enough, my wife's computer, which I built recently, has more lag spikes than mine and we're both right next to each other.
03/15/2018 10:38 PMPosted by SoAngry
MissCheetah is not a member of the tech support staff. She is a player like the rest of us.

Strangely enough, my wife's computer, which I built recently, has more lag spikes than mine and we're both right next to each other.

Only question I have is your wifes computer a duplicate of yours, because if its got all the same hardware and software in it then I agree the different lag spikes are strange but if the hardware and/or software are different then that's the reason that I'm thinking causes the "extra" lag
03/15/2018 10:38 PMPosted by SoAngry

Oh nasty you, making your computer primary device on the router, leaving your poor wife to share bandwidth with all the wireless devices in your home. (I've considered doing it myself)

This may be true but I find it real strange that the only time I have trouble with lag and connection issues is only when I log on to diablo and get a disconnection error as soon as I try to enter a rift and have problems connecting to these forums and don't have any of these issues when I go anywhere else on the internet and play other online games
I have been playing this game for 6 years. Personally on my own equipment, the only times I have had issues is when something on my network, or my ISP goes and takes a crap on me.

Honestly it has been more stable and more reliable in the past 2 years than it did the previous 4.

Now.

I go down one house, and my father with his laptop on the same internet, with the same speed package, on the same cable trunk, keeps having trouble, but I finally pinned that down this week. For one thing, all their connections are wireless. Secondly their extender is causing the freakouts. Despite the fact he is closer to the actual modem/router, the laptop keeps trying to connect to the extender on the other side of the house. So its going bye bye this weekend to be run over by my van and being replaced with powerline extenders. I've never liked wireless extender/repeaters, they often are gimmicky. I have had much more reliable success with TP Link Powerline extenders. Stable, fast to reboot if needed, and they just work dang near anywhere you have an outlet on your property. They also can clone your main wifi, so your devices link to them seamlessly without hitches.

I'm not saying Blizzard's servers are not causing some of you problems. But I find it highly more likely that something else between you and them is the culprit.

Internet is a funny thing, and in recent years there have been a TON of changes. I'm thankful to live in a part of the country that while my speed choices are limited, at least my connection has mostly been reliable.

Game on.
03/15/2018 08:59 PMPosted by DOA

^This. Playing since vanilla. No lag. Stop blaming Blizz. Cheers.
Oh, one more thing.

OP, why aren't you at your post? Do you copy? ;P
Rubber banding is fixed long time ago... Lag is more of the difficulty clients have connecting to each other