[2/26] Public Game Matchmaking Issues [Resolved]

Blizzard Archive
1 2 3 23 Next
Updated 3/8 @12:48 PM PT

Hey all,

We have deployed another hotfix that we believe has resolved this issue. We're still actively monitoring for any sign that this issue is ongoing, so we'll continue to leave this thread open for any additional reports.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve this complex issue!

--------------------------------------

Updated 2/28 @ 4:49 PM pt

Hey all!

As some of you have already seen, this hotfix just went live! We're going to leave this thread open for a day or two just in case any additional reports pop up.

If you do experience this issue again, please let us know ASAP by posting in this thread! We appreciate your patience and we hope you enjoy your ongoing adventures in Season 13.

--------------------------------------

Hey all,

We are aware of an issue where games open to a public are not filling beyond two players. While we have no immediate update at the moment, we are working hard to investigate the cause and will provide updates as they become available in this thread.

In the meantime, we highly recommend utilizing clans, communities, or your own friends list to help fill in games. While this is, by no means, a permanent solution, the beginning of a season is a very active time in the community and a great opportunity to meet and make new friends!

In addition, we ask that you avoid creating additional threads on this topic; I’ve left this thread open for any needed detail reports or for players to help find groups among each other.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work toward a resolution!
Thanks for the acknowledgement at least. Hopefully this is fixed ASAP.
time to use lfg channel
Considering it's been, what, almost 3 months since this was first pointed out? I'm skeptical of any "hard work" going into fixing it. It's sad that it took people absolutely losing their mind over the weekend before we got a response.

I guess that's what happens when 95% of the playerbase disappears after the first few weeks of a season; Blizzard doesn't feel the need to care, and there's far too few people in an uproar to garner a response.

But hey, at least we got something now right?
02/26/2018 12:29 PMPosted by JoeShmo
Considering it's been, what, almost 3 months since this was first pointed out? I'm skeptical of any "hard work" going into fixing it. It's sad that it took people absolutely losing their mind over the weekend before we got a response.

I guess that's what happens when 95% of the playerbase disappears after the first few weeks of a season; Blizzard doesn't feel the need to care, and there's far too few people in an uproar to garner a response.

But hey, at least we got something now right?

lol i remember someone linking a thread from 2015 about the issue lol!
It's holistic now. Until they fix it there is no hope of public groups beyond 2 people. Damned annoying.
you can inv a 3rd and then it fills up
Ty for the heads up; better late than never. About the urgency, this should be top prio on the devs to-do list because this is a massive xp loss for clanless players who rely on playing public games.

Clans and friendlist as a workaround ? Well, we arent in 2012 anymore where everyone has dozens of active players in the friendlist - this may work for members of big active clans but clanless casual players rarely have many active friends on who then stand by to join their game.

Devs better fix that as fast as they can else a negative impact on many players progress will occur sooner or longer. Especially in greater rifts the xp difference between a two player grift and a four player grift is massive.
you can join one leave and reinvite the last player you met. thats how i do it
Very annoying.
02/26/2018 01:01 PMPosted by NINEGRAVES
but clanless casual players rarely have many active friends on who then stand by to join their game.

I'd suggest making a community if you're not in a clan, they can be great for pick up games.
Thanks for info. I was wondering why I had this on every game setting. I have been playing with my friends list more.

Also are you aware that people aren’t getting conquests to pop in seasonal journey but getting them for seasonal achievements? I’m stuck on destroyer because of this bug.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
:)
02/26/2018 01:08 PMPosted by jay
I'd suggest making a community if you're not in a clan, they can be great for pick up games.

Oh iam dfans member and not directly affected by it; but yeh for those affected its a good suggestion to deal with the current situation - should at least enable faster grouping than waiting for active friends to come on +1.
Season ended early for me thanks to this issue.
I detest doing bounties at the best of times but this just made it far too frustrating to bother.
See you in s14.
02/26/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Ambria
Season ended early for me thanks to this issue.
I detest doing bounties at the best of times but this just made it far too frustrating to bother.
See you in s14.

My thoughts exactly. Well, in 3 days i will sate my ARPG urge.
Rip my paragon, it's good to see it's being worked on tough.
This game is hardly fun with 1 other person. You will lose a lot of the player base if this isn't corrected soon :(
thanks blizzard for the work and support on diablo 3!!