Rip legit season, bot is back

General Discussion
Oh, don’t get me wrong, every day without botting is a good day. Thing is that on these forums you don’t really see legit top 100 players complaining about competing with botters, but you see casual players that rage about not being on leaderboards because of botters. This was my point in “nothing changed”.
Oh, don’t get me wrong, every day without botting is a good day. Thing

[quote="207604204267"]Oh, don’t get me wrong, every day without botting is a good day. Thing is that on these forums you don’t really see legit top 100 players complaining about competing with botters, but you see casual players that rage about not being on leaderboards because of botters. This was my point in “nothing changed”.
I recall a certain open letter that clearly refutes your position.
03/19/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Callipygee
[quote]Oh, don’t get me wrong, every day without botting is a good day. Thing

03/19/2018 07:21 AMPosted by S4v4G3
Oh, don’t get me wrong, every day without botting is a good day. Thing is that on these forums you don’t really see legit top 100 players complaining about competing with botters, but you see casual players that rage about not being on leaderboards because of botters. This was my point in “nothing changed”.
I recall a certain open letter that clearly refutes your position.

Which one you referring to? One from these forums, from 2015, upvoted by 400+ Forumgoers or the one made by high end players, signed by folks like Chainer - banned last season - for example? The one from forums is not really proving me otherwise, and if you would track these forums the way most of us do, you would see that for every high end legit player complain about botting, there is about 20 complains coming from people who never had a shot on leaderboards, botting or no botting. This was my point that I was trying to make, but it is ofcourse not easy to comprehend for a lot of folks. Deal is simple, pretty much anyone from top 100 season or non season knows who was a botter ahead of him, who is legit, who had a bounty bot going on. These communities know who is who, who does what, it’s literally a community within community. We know legit clans, pro-botting clans, every player that is competitive (by that I mean top 100) is more than aware of everybody who is cheating or not.

Don’t hate on me, I always say things the way I see them, and for 99.99% of cases the way I see them is the way they are. I was trying to calm you folks down when you were so happy about last patch, because I knew that all cheats will be back quickly. Map hack was back within 5 days, that’s the reality. I knew that botting will be back because 48 hours after patch went live my friend from Europe PMed me saying that he made his own semi-bot already and made me aware about most of the mechanics implanted with this patch. I knew that if he can do it, folks who make money off botting software will get it done too. As simple as that.
03/19/2018 09:21 AMPosted by S4v4G3
48 hours after patch went live my friend from Europe PMed me saying that he made his own semi-bot already

Yeah, your 'friend'...
03/18/2018 01:45 PMPosted by StoneOld
03/18/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Kani
It was good to have a legit season while it lasted.
Like a "legit" Season would make any difference to you.

But on closer inspection, let's see...we are 3 weeks and 2 days into Season 13, and you are P1998...that seems pretty "legit."

Afraid your bot might have some competition?

Please learn how to actually play the game before you cast stones.
03/19/2018 11:02 AMPosted by TobiasPeste
03/19/2018 09:21 AMPosted by S4v4G3
48 hours after patch went live my friend from Europe PMed me saying that he made his own semi-bot already

Yeah, your 'friend'...
When you play at the top you know people who are legit and aren’t legit.

And when you play with people who always seem to be top 100 you find out things about them you would of never known.
Was keen to try and push seasons and Leaderboards. Quit season the minute botters return. Now I just login to get free CR mats
yea gotta gree w Ferine - bots v devs is forever battle
- just do the min to keep the game not like D2 with massive amounts of bots rampant everywhere running the whole experience.

If bots mess up your LB credibility - so be it - the effort to repeatedly, correctly, and stealthly keep bots off your top paragon / gear dependant leaderboards is not worth it. its never ending battle, very important to fight it, don't prioritize it over the game actually being fun outside of leaderboards.

SO long as bots aren't ruining public games...like D2...the games in a good state correct? Is time after that better spent on anti-bot, or maybe...something like...lets get quests going in D3 or....lets rework some horrible items...or you know...anything?

look at the glaring issues the game has, or even better for correcting w D4, over making sure D3 has zero bots for a month.
Well at least now we continue to have something to complain about on the forums. It was getting quiet.
03/19/2018 07:21 AMPosted by S4v4G3

I play legit, made this thread and complain a fair much about bots, and I compete on the leaderboards, you can check me for S12. Botters affect people like me the most.

R#1 2 players
R#9 Barb
R#23 Crusader
#Push for relevance.
03/18/2018 11:54 PMPosted by XxTaiPanxX
03/18/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Nestlèamine

There was a ban-wave last season. LOL.

There was not.

That's why there's a post in the General Disscussion about Suspensions and LB removals because of cheats
03/20/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Steve
<span class="truncated">...</span>

There was not.

That's why there's a post in the General Disscussion about Suspensions and LB removals because of cheats

Which was nothing to do with botters...that was abusing a necro exploit only...it was not a ban-wave on the mass cheating of botters.
It's not about LBs. It's about fair play. Otherwise Blizzard can 'make' bots legit so we can all watch tv, have party... while 'bot' collecting mats. It's even better for casual players. Who like to do bounties ? Probably no one. But we all like bounty mats...
03/19/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Kani
I play legit
Yeah, sure …
03/20/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Thany
Who like to do bounties ? Probably no one. But we all like bounty mats...
I like doing bounties, they are quite varied. I dislike killing Ubers because it's mostly teleporting/restarting the game/getting to the hut.
03/20/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Thany
It's not about LBs. It's about fair play. Otherwise Blizzard can 'make' bots legit so we can all watch tv, have party... while 'bot' collecting mats. It's even better for casual players. Who like to do bounties ? Probably no one. But we all like bounty mats...

Agreed! The argument that it has no effect on casuals is bunk. Most "casuals" (self included) that I see have no problem doing T-13 runs as well as mid level rifts for bounties, rift stones, blood shards and gearing. We might not be pushing those level 90+ rifts and gaining high level augments, but they are putting in the time to advance in the game to where they are comfortable playing at their cap.

So, while my wife and I have to take breaks away from "The fun stuff" to farm those bounties or gain those rift stones and shards, someone else simply sets a program to run and comes back later to collect all that stuff so they can later move on to "compete" as they put it.

It's like the guy next to you at work having someone punch their time card so they can get paid while not working. They have better things to do with their time! Meanwhile, because you are either honest, or afraid of being caught, you put in your time for your pay. Even though you are not cheated, since you got paid for doing the job you took, you do feel angry.

Then that person shows up for lunch (public groups/bounties) and throws it in your face. Then the boss (high level players in the forums) attempts to explain to you how you would have never been qualified to do their job in the first place, therefore you have no right to complain.

Lets face it, game or not, it's just a principle in life. No one enjoys knowing that they can either join the cheaters, or continue to do menial tasks to gain less results than the cheaters. If everyone has to do the same tasks to get from point "A" to point "B"; like it or not, it's the price of admission. Some may do it faster and more efficiently, but all have to accomplish the same to get there. Botters totally shift that to their advantage.

Come back to your computer and find you have a butt load of materials and legendary items, all while doing something else, away from the keyboard certainly seems like something even a "casual" could come to love. So lets drop the argument that "casuals" need not be concerned.
There are competitive players who bot and those who don't. Those who don't make rare appearances in this forum, as they're often accused of cheating because of high paragon. Like swishasweet said, there's a difference of currently having time/no life and botting. These 3 weeks into season without working bots should be a proof that players can achieve high paragon fast by knowing the ropes to that, but still most of the forum members are skeptical about it, only god knows why.

D3 is a game that, besides knowing how to level up fast with a good 4-player group, requires a huge amount of time to be competitive. The guy who have breakfast in front of his computer will have advantage over the other who sits in the table to eat with his family. The current state of the game is very unhealthy.

This needs to be changed in D4. More skill and less time spent. And for that, paragon must go.
03/18/2018 06:36 PMPosted by swishasweet
i wish blizz would do a swift ban this season. im not a cheater, i just have no life. theres a difference.

lol
"Im not cheater,i just have no life" you missed something here my frand . " im using bounty bot and im collecting bounty mats from my frands bots every 30 mins. other than that , im not a cheater , i just got no life!!!!
Haha