Why are there no bans on botters?

General Discussion
Just taking a quick glance at the leaderboards you find a lot of people averaging well over 20h/day in the game for the entire season.
This is like the fourth/fifth season in a row where this has been going on without any bans. I just want to know why. It's not like it's hard to find them.
It's also not like you don't care at all since you went through the trouble of banning the necros that abused game mechanics (thank you by the way).
It just takes so much fun away from the game having so many botters in it.
I would also like to see bans of people that use scripts, but i realize that might be a bit to much to ask for. :(
I also realize this is being asked a lot, but I am not happy with the lack of real answers.
Maybe during S13, who knows, kappa.
It is all about making them feel safe to cast a wider net. Just wait for season 20. They won't know what hit em.
because, unlike WoW - the team doesn't draw information from the players on a moment to moment basis.

it's not easy tracking this across 3 servers with literally thousands of players on each one. i don't know how many people are on the team but it's much harder to cast a broader net than going individually.

still, if what many people are thinking due to the ptr tests (since they are testing things behind the scenes) - it may very well be some sort of anti-cheat program.

i guess we'll find out but it's not as easy as flicking a switch.
Sometimes I read these posts and wonder how much you guys keep up with the game, there was a banwave last week. And before anyone claims exploit this exploit that, look at many of the people banned .chainer fails for example didnt play necro at all to use the exploit, but sure enough he was banned aling with half of sc clan and many other known botters . Might be time to get your head out of the sand , and open your eyes to the fact that blizzard is trying to deal with it and has made a large amount of bans due to botting. Blizzards just doesn't announce it because they want to stay one step ahead of the bot developers
02/15/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Iceberg5
Sometimes I read these posts and wonder how much you guys keep up with the game, there was a banwave last week. And before anyone claims exploit this exploit that, look at many of the people banned .chainer fails for example didnt play necro at all to use the exploit, but sure enough he was banned aling with half of sc clan and many other known botters . Might be time to get your head out of the sand , and open your eyes to the fact that blizzard is trying to deal with it and has made a large amount of bans due to botting. Blizzards just doesn't announce it because they want to stay one step ahead of the bot developers

Majority of the people that post on Blizzard forums don't actually play the game. They just love to complain and complain endlessly without having any knowledge on what's going on in game.

Most of these guys have more forum posts than paragon. Every time I click on a profile of the OP of a new thread complaining about something, it's always some paragon <1000 that has barely touched the game this season.
02/15/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Dopamine

Majority of the people that post on Blizzard forums don't actually play the game. They just love to complain and complain endlessly without having any knowledge on what's going on in game.

Most of these guys have more forum posts than paragon. Every time I click on a profile of the OP of a new thread complaining about something, it's always some paragon <1000 that has barely touched the game this season.

You apparently didn't click mine and just assumed the same was true for me.
Shame on you.
Because Bots are as valuable to bliz az you human account.
Don't worry about it so much.
02/15/2018 09:24 AMPosted by JaXn
I also realize this is being asked a lot, but I am not happy with the lack of real answers.

I guess since it's you asking this time, Blizzard will drop everything and fight over who gets to answer.

Why don't we have a :rolleyes:
Soon the game will only be about who's using the best bot...
02/15/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Kukiri
Why don't we have a :rolleyes:

Because this isn't a VB based forum.
02/15/2018 10:20 AMPosted by JaXn

Shame on you.

Trust me, I tried. Profile unavailable. :P
02/15/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Dopamine
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Shame on you.

Trust me, I tried. Profile unavailable. :P

That is when you click on the EU, US, etc...

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JaXn-2324/hero/104436205
Gotta love how anyone that mentions blizz actually banning botters which they did do , they automatically get downvotes... trolls love to set the world on fire and downvote accurate info so they can feast in their hate
Blizz ban the botters. Just they don't make it obvious or large waves for not fore-shadowing the other individual bans.

Most of these guys have more forum posts than paragon.

So true.
02/15/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Foensh
Soon the game will only be about who's using the best bot...

'Soon'.

:D