Why are there no bans on botters?

General Discussion
<removed>
02/15/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Iceberg5
Sometimes I read these posts and wonder how much you guys keep up with the game, there was a banwave last week. And before anyone claims exploit this exploit that, look at many of the people banned .chainer fails for example didnt play necro at all to use the exploit, but sure enough he was banned aling with half of sc clan and many other known botters . Might be time to get your head out of the sand , and open your eyes to the fact that blizzard is trying to deal with it and has made a large amount of bans due to botting. Blizzards just doesn't announce it because they want to stay one step ahead of the bot developers

I sure would like to know why the support classes are still showing on the leaderboard when from them we can see the people playing dps who have been banned. Surely the ban has effectively made the GR level they did non-legit and as such the entire party should be removed.
I can like the Reddit post if necessary. They do ban botters. Loot how long it took for exploiter suspensions. Much less perma bans. They do not discus ban waves of botters, as it is a cold war. Both sides ever trying to outsmart the next. That would be like broadcasting your military's potential and flaws out loud. Botters are banned. Many bot site forms have shown perma bans. Not suspensions. We just don't see it when. It happens. If they made it public botters could learn faster from blizz Intel versus those banned who report it.

Reddit:

[–]Nevalistis 6 points 2 hours ago

I mean, we don't really communicate when we ban for botting. It's important for us to avoid giving as much information to bot creators as possible, since it's a pretty constantly evolving "cold war" of sorts.

But banning for botting is a thing we do. ;)

Edit: Added the Reddit post
Not a single botter I know was banned and

In the last 24h, 1.643.497 legendary items and 332.259 set items have been dropped by your bots

Did they just ban Chainer and some of the other top botters as a PR move?
02/15/2018 10:20 AMPosted by JaXn
02/15/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Dopamine

Majority of the people that post on Blizzard forums don't actually play the game. They just love to complain and complain endlessly without having any knowledge on what's going on in game.

Most of these guys have more forum posts than paragon. Every time I click on a profile of the OP of a new thread complaining about something, it's always some paragon <1000 that has barely touched the game this season.

You apparently didn't click mine and just assumed the same was true for me.
Shame on you.

You apparently didnt research the bans and bots issue, a lil finger work on google and looking throgh out many other forums would have shown you that alot of botters were banned, i know people like you have the pokemon mentality "gotta catch em all" but its not as easy as you seem to think[i][/i]
02/17/2018 05:33 PMPosted by OWD

In the last 24h, 1.643.497 legendary items and 332.259 set items have been dropped by your bots

there were alot of bans , they cant catch them all in one swoop. but they are trying, if you really dig around the different forum sites based on diablo 3 you will see ALOT were banned, i assume not all but a good chunk, instead of acting like they arent trying realize they are trying and its not as simple as you think . they need to make sure the people are infactr botters and not people with no life no gf no kids no jobs. They dont wanna ban people that legitly have no life outside of diablo
02/16/2018 09:42 PMPosted by Cranky
Sometimes I read these posts and wonder how much you guys keep up with the game, there was a banwave last week. And before anyone claims exploit this exploit that, look at many of the people banned .chainer fails for example didnt play necro at all to use the exploit, but sure enough he was banned aling with half of sc clan and many other known botters . Might be time to get your head out of the sand , and open your eyes to the fact that blizzard is trying to deal with it and has made a large amount of bans due to botting. Blizzards just doesn't announce it because they want to stay one step ahead of the bot developers

I sure would like to know why the support classes are still showing on the leaderboard when from them we can see the people playing dps who have been banned. Surely the ban has effectively made the GR level they did non-legit and as such the entire party should be removed.
yes there are many support classes single on the leaderboards because they either didnt bot or didnt get caught, yes theres ALOT if not most of the bans were related to DPS classes because they benefit the most from botting , support classes dont get nearly as much benefit to be worth it. A skilled support character with 1100 paragon can easily support in 130 and up, if you saw the paragon of the dps that were in those parties that got banned you would see the void between the monks paragon and the dps paragon. dps get more damage for every paragon level, support classes get more toughness that they dont really need, making it less appealing for them to cheat
02/15/2018 09:24 AMPosted by JaXn
Just taking a quick glance at the leaderboards you find a lot of people averaging well over 20h/day in the game for the entire season.
This is like the fourth/fifth season in a row where this has been going on without any bans. I just want to know why. It's not like it's hard to find them.
It's also not like you don't care at all since you went through the trouble of banning the necros that abused game mechanics (thank you by the way).
It just takes so much fun away from the game having so many botters in it.
I would also like to see bans of people that use scripts, but i realize that might be a bit to much to ask for. :(
I also realize this is being asked a lot, but I am not happy with the lack of real answers.

Have you not noticed Blizzard dont really pay any attention to anything said in these forums yet not to mention they clearly dont care about botting which is shown via there actions
Anything the DEVS do will be cause they want to do it. Not because of community outcry
02/15/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Dopamine

Majority of the people that post on Blizzard forums don't actually play the game. They just love to complain and complain endlessly without having any knowledge on what's going on in game.

Most of these guys have more forum posts than paragon. Every time I click on a profile of the OP of a new thread complaining about something, it's always some paragon <1000 that has barely touched the game this season.

I've said the same thing on here multiple times. Wear those downvotes with honor.
They did ban some high profilers hand picked but thats it. Expected nothing else since we saw how they handled the masses of dh/necro gem exploiters. Mass bans are not on their to-do list anymore, no matter how hard the impact is.
"No bans on botters"?

The last big ban wave was like literally a week ago, right before season ended. A huge number on botters were banned and removed from the leaderboards.

I'm not saying the botting problem is suddenly solved, or that the ban wave cleared out every botter on the boards, but empirical evidence repudiates your claim that bots never get banned.

Instead of asking the question "why are there no bans on botters?", we should be asking 'why are obvious bots not banned when they do a ban wave?', and "Why are there 4-man groups with banned members still on the leaderboards?". It would only make sense that if a member of a 4-man gets banned due to botting that it would invalidate the entire grift run. I can't imagine the people running in the 4-mans aren't aware that their dps are botting, and some of the supports are likely botting as well.
02/15/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Hackusations
It is all about making them feel safe to cast a wider net. Just wait for season 20. They won't know what hit em.

hehehe good one ;-)
02/15/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Dopamine
02/15/2018 10:20 AMPosted by JaXn
You apparently didn't click mine and just assumed the same was true for me.
Shame on you.

Trust me, I tried. Profile unavailable. :P

It would appear you assumed that everyone that posts on the US forums plays heroes on that region. That's not the case.
02/17/2018 05:33 PMPosted by OWD

Pure cosmetic m8 its true, all boter from my friend list play by day and bot by night 24/7 not missing a single hair on their head :-/

So yep just some we care once per year = PR really nothing happend...
02/17/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Iceberg5
<span class="truncated">...</span>

yes there are many support classes single on the leaderboards because they either didnt bot or didnt get caught, yes theres ALOT if not most of the bans were related to DPS classes because they benefit the most from botting , support classes dont get nearly as much benefit to be worth it. A skilled support character with 1100 paragon can easily support in 130 and up, if you saw the paragon of the dps that were in those parties that got banned you would see the void between the monks paragon and the dps paragon. dps get more damage for every paragon level, support classes get more toughness that they dont really need, making it less appealing for them to cheat

Yes I know all that but you've missed my point. Just because the support are legit doesn't make the GR level they did legit. The other three players have been wiped in a lot of the situations so why not just wipe the leaderboard entry? We can still see who did the GR levels and I can't help but think some of these schmucks still get something out of that. It seems odd to me that the supports didn't bot when the other two or three did. While it's true there's no real advantage in getting better support gear you'd think they'd want dps gear for solo. Have they done this to retain the leaderboard position?

Pure cosmetic m8 its true, all boter from my friend list play by day and bot by night 24/7 not missing a single hair on their head :-/

What I'd like to know is whether any of the people on your friends list are on the leaderboards. It's possible having a leaderboard entry and/or the level of it could be a determining factor.

What I'd like to know is whether any of the people on your friends list are on the leaderboards. It's possible having a leaderboard entry and/or the level of it could be a determining factor.

Boters gained in less than a year paragons from 1200 to something about 3950-4400 so without that they would be hardly on leaderboards /NS/. This had impact on ther gems /auguments /gear - all red ;-) etc... Yes they are high on leaderbords...

And yes they are grinding 4 man 125-135 every day as dps and support if needed...

I have almost 4300p and have time for max 2-3 legit paragons per day up + fast 20 keys per day grind...

Now some guys who never boted started to do so because "they said to us there are no consequences by Blizzard" and they moved in two months from 4100 to 4600 paragons...

I did three days only bounties and number of bots were 50/50 in game and that is to high /I always write hi guys - call for gobs in game and check stucked players bouncing of walls etc../!

Plague and madness = currnet situation in d3 leaderboards and community
02/18/2018 07:54 AMPosted by LudwigVanB

Boters gained in less than a year paragons from 1200 to something about 3950-4400 so without that they would be hardly on leaderboards /NS/. This had impact on ther gems /auguments /gear - all red ;-) etc... Yes they are high on leaderbords...

And yes they are grinding 4 man 125-135 every day as dps and support if needed...

I have almost 4300p and have time for max 2-3 legit paragons per day up + fast 20 keys per day grind...

Now some guys who never boted started to do so because "they said to us there are no consequences by Blizzard" and they moved in two months from 4100 to 4600 paragons...

I did three days only bounties and number of bots were 50/50 in game and that is to high /I always write hi guys - call for gobs in game and check stucked players bouncing of walls etc../!

Plague and madness = currnet situation in d3 leaderboards and community

Without enforcement rules are meaningless. Bot with out courage or shame. Blizzard spits in your face if your legit.