Why are there no bans on botters?

General Discussion
Yeah the rules...
something that we are all forced to accept after we've already bought the game otherwise we cannot play the game.
They should make sure you read, understand and accept the rules before taking your money.
I would have never clicked accept but that was the only way to play after they took my money without giving information about it. they don't give money back just because you don't like their rules and you don't want to click accept.
Another thing: there are millions players out there and we didn't vote about anything as single members of community. in this forum there are (maybe more maybe less) about 200 ppl that want rules to be imposed cuz we all click accept on use conditions... but what do the other millions players think?
i can be aware that 150 players gave some thumbs up, but where are all the other players? i see a lot of discrimination and bullying in this place and also a lot of rights denied
02/20/2018 05:28 AMPosted by MickHell
Yeah the rules...
something that we are all forced to accept after we've already bought the game otherwise we cannot play the game.
They should make sure you read, understand and accept the rules before taking your money.
I would have never clicked accept but that was the only way to play after they took my money without giving information about it. they don't give money back just because you don't like their rules and you don't want to click accept.
Another thing: there are millions players out there and we didn't vote about anything as single members of community. in this forum there are (maybe more maybe less) about 200 ppl that want rules to be imposed cuz we all click accept on use conditions... but what do the other millions players think?
i can be aware that 150 players gave some thumbs up, but where are all the other players? i see a lot of discrimination and bullying in this place and also a lot of rights denied

There are rules to pretty much everything you do in life. If you want to drive, you have to follow the rules / laws pertaining to driving. If you want to live in a country, you have to follow their rules / laws. If you want to get a job, guess what, you have to follow their rules.

The alternative is to not do those things (although not living in a particular country is probably pretty difficult).

If you purchased D3, read their EULA (which is publicly available without purchase btw), and immediately rejected their rules.. i'm sure Blizzard would have no issue giving you a refund assuming you contacted customer service shortly after your purchase (as in, the same day).

As for voting... this is a product / service of a company that you, in all likelihood, have no ownership in and thus have no right to "vote" or otherwise directly influence their decisions.
i bought the game months before it was released and i got told by them i couldn't get my money back when i tryed. so got told all the ppl who tryed to get their money back after 14 days cuz they couldn't play and read it straight away.

You can if you want: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula.html

so who didn't know this has not been addressed by the seller (they don't need you to know all this before you buy and this kind of e-commerce it's not regulated yet by fair laws because power lobbies don't have interest to make this happen)

02/20/2018 05:40 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Games are not a democracy

so happy there are still ppl like you in the third millennium... fortunately the thousands players i met in game don't think like this and the mainstream it's just a mask pretending to hide the real majority

they sell this game to under18s that won't understand anyway what they write in terms and conditions and anyway won't waste a couple of seconds of their lives to read that cuz they just wanna play.
my toy is my toy and you won't change with all the rules of the world the fact that i see my toy as mine only.
ok now you are fine with this but when this mentality will steal what you thought was yours (this is not just for videogames) you will revolt too.
just give time to life to hit you harder and what you thought was their problem will become your problem too
When you purchase a game, if I recall correctly, you have to check a box stating that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions and the EULA. If you don't check the box, you don't agree and you cannot complete the purchase.

If you purchased the game from a retail store, then the box also contains the same statement and explains that you are purchasing a license to access services, not the game itself.

Just because you can't / didn't read doesn't mean that you are right. The VAST majority of players accept the terms and don't have any issues with them (whether they read them or not).

As for selling to under 18s, I believe you need to be either 16 / 18 to purchase it from a retail store, and part of the "terms and conditions" that you agreed to when purchasing online stated that you need to be over 18 to accept the terms in the first place. Again, if you can't / didn't read, that is YOUR problem, not Blizzard's.
never heard about pay by cash?
02/20/2018 08:01 AMPosted by MickHell
never heard about pay by cash?

I don't see how the method of payment has any bearing on whether or not you read the EULA. I'm going to assume, since you "pay by cash" that you bought a retail version. Go ahead and look at the bottom of the box. Nice, big white boxes there... I'll go ahead and type out the first sentence here:

"The use of this software product is subject to the terms of an End User License Agreement available at http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html, and all use of the product is subject to the Diablo III Terms of Use and the Battle.net Terms of Use."

So, while you had the box in hand, before you gave the clerk your money, you had the opportunity to read that. If you had any concerns about the EULA, you could go ahead and put the box down, go home and read them - all before you spent any money at all. YOUR lack of reading is not Blizzard's fault.
More importantly why is there no 'Report player for cheating' when this season (S13) in the first 2 hours someone got Europe first Set Dungeon Mastery and a group got a bunch of other achievements which seemed WAY too soon.

Blizzard why have you not implemented a proper detailed reporting system like in WoW? I WOULD have understood the argument that there is no more investment into this game post Necro and S13, however I have seen postings that there will be at least another 2 seasons to come. If that is official you really do need look after us dedicated players who still love this game for whatever aspects and actually try to make the community a friendlier and fair place to visit.

Each season we see non-Blizz forums and Youtube postings talking about Blizzard addressing the issue of botters and removing them from the Leaderboards. Yet that doesn't address the issue and it keeps happening over and over again. Now I'm not THAT competitive as some (highest GR85 last season) but I really do feel for the players out there trying to get ranks up legitimately (obviously not crazy fast). Recently Rhykker mentioned a report about some new encryption method being applied to prevent some type of script reading by 3rd party software. If this is implemented already it clearly hasn't worked.

Hope this is fixed soon
I’m sorry if I’ll come offensive but you sound like sour noob that is partially the reason why we don’t have system like one you mentioned. What you wanted to report in that particular case? Someone who utilized challenge rift mats properly and with luck, got few lucky drops and purposely pushed to be first in certain achievement? There is no hacks or cheats capable of doing it for any player. It is the “I think it’s not possible, he/they have cheated for sure” mentality, you cannot do it so automatically you think that they cheated. It is hard, indeed, to get over a fact that there are people that much better at it.
02/26/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Dreadalous
More importantly why is there no 'Report player for cheating' when this season (S13) in the first 2 hours someone got Europe first Set Dungeon Mastery and a group got a bunch of other achievements which seemed WAY too soon.

I don't think there is a cheat for that. What I think that they have done is used the challenge rift 35 on their seasonal character. Then from there they worked together to knock out the set dungeons using a good strong plan to make it happen. Just because you wouldn't know how to do it in the same time doesn't mean it is not possible.

I still have my doubts that a player that hasn't unlocked all stash tabs could complete conqueror in less than 40 hours solo. But it might be possible because of things that I just don't know about.
So one botting platform has appeared to have given up, they can't work around Blizzards new anti cheat implementations.

TurboHud is down, and out?

The other bot is in beta, but so far they aren't happy with it(safety wise), as they are struggling with Blizzards new client anti cheat upgrades.

Well played Blizzard, this might be the first cheat free season in quite some time.
"Rules are made to be broken"
02/26/2018 06:29 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
I still have my doubts that a player that hasn't unlocked all stash tabs could complete conqueror in less than 40 hours solo. But it might be possible because of things that I just don't know about.
I completed it solo (except 2-3 group public bounties) in 25 hours. And I'm not bragging because it can be done much faster as I was not trying hard, slowly farming rifts and greater rifts with Frozen Fury (MotE Seismic Slam). Earthquake, Raekor or WW that I had in my stash would be much quicker. Just look at the toon, slow as !@#$:
https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tensor-2572/hero/104788202

It can probably be done in 15 hours. Or even faster if you focus and use the fastest build. Taking advantage of Massacre bonuses. Someone participating in SSF can probably tell us what's possible.
02/27/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Elevators
So one botting platform has appeared to have given up, they can't work around Blizzards new anti cheat implementations.

TurboHud is down, and out?

The other bot is in beta, but so far they aren't happy with it(safety wise), as they are struggling with Blizzards new client anti cheat upgrades.

Well played Blizzard, this might be the first cheat free season in quite some time.

Problem is though it's still nowhere near a level playing field which is what so many complain about when it comes to things like TurboHUD or RoSbot or the various others. You have people still using hacks, there are in fact bots being used now, 100%, there are other hacks, there are individuals who have done some on their own, keep it private, within a tight nit clan type group of friends, there are internal Blizzard employees that give access to levelling, items, paragons, or play themselves, and pass the benefit along to friends.

Once some of them get out there it's all too common to see it proliferate super quickly as people begin to feed off those benefits in public groups (by pure chance at that point - just got lucky and someone who benefited from, or possibly is an internal employee, a bot user, some other hack, etc..., is willing to let them leech 300 paragons in a quick 1 or 2hr session).

At this point it becomes super common to start seeing those kinds of characters/power b/c they all begin paying it forward (so to speak). It's definitely not anywhere close to a level playfield. Never will be. Not just D3, pretty much all games. That's why any competitive gaming shouldn't upset you. And you should not truly compete except in sanctioned and monitored events, PGL, etc...