Rolands BUFF PLEASE!!!

Crusader
Current situation:
(4) Set:
Increase the damage of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack by 3300%.

Change to 3500% (maybe even 4000%). This would make it viable against the Condemn (at least put it closer).
4500% then we can have a shot against starpact in 4mans
The increase from 3300 % to 4500 % is a increase of roughly 30 % in damage. This means 2 GR levels, which is still way behind condemn or star pact wiz.

For me it would make more sense to increase the number of the golden flense to 800 % and increase the damage reduction in the 6p to be additive to each other.
Increasing Flense to 600% would be roughly enough to be competative to Condemn.

Still, condemn has other advantages over sweep, so if sweep would gain more skill runes, then they would be quite equal.

Shield bash is still *work in progress*, if they decide to actually stamp out the current bugs on it (they acknowledged that it would take a bit more to fix it). It would though be nice to have an elite killer build in our repertoire.
I don't want them to buff golden flense cause I don't want to farm a new one yet again. :s
Sweep needs ~×3 damage to be competitive with condemn. But that's because condemn is too strong compared to everything else. In itself, sweep is very good.
03/01/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Kikaha
I don't want them to buff golden flense cause I don't want to farm a new one yet again. :s
Sweep needs ~×3 damage to be competitive with condemn. But that's because condemn is too strong compared to everything else. In itself, sweep is very good.

I would like to have it on a separate item to boost sweep, before I used to suggest a pair of bracers which gained a secondary rune. Though I'm not sure about if Blizzard is up for creating new items instead of just buffing pre-existing ones.

One thing though with sweep is that it suffers from the same problem as hammers, one rune wastly outperforms the others in terms of damage, so therefore I would suggest an all rune approach, or just gaining the fire rune (what utility you run is up to you)

Nevertheless, roughly twice the damage would put it at condemn level, or at least just below.

If I had a primal golden flense like you posted in the other thread I would say the same. :-)

Another thing could be that one could fit some legendary like skywarden to the build with a damage/toughness boost as long as a defensive skill (law, consecration) is active.
03/02/2018 07:55 AMPosted by MarNor

If I had a primal golden flense like you posted in the other thread I would say the same. :-)

Another thing could be that one could fit some legendary like skywarden to the build with a damage/toughness boost as long as a defensive skill (law, consecration) is active.

That was suggested before condemn was buffed, at this point, if a buff like that would happen, condemn would be ahead even more.
Well. Good point. You could limit the buff to increase the damage of certain skills like sweep attack. That would prevent that condemn gets even stronger.
Yeah it could be an item that targets secondary skills, then it won't affect condemn at all.
"You gain 300% dmg and 60% damage reduction while a defensive skill is active. This effect is disabled if akkarat's champion is active".

Lots of players don't like the reliance of crusader on AC, nice way to create a powerful item that also does that.
But that's because condemn is too strong compared to everything else. In itself, sweep is very good.

5+ gr's behind other classes meta builds (and condemn) isn't good, and you thought Rolands was 'too good' on last ptr which is sort of funny at this point.

Think about tuning things for 125-135 b/c that's where the game is headed, and we're getting there rather quickly.

Sweep needs ~×3 damage to be competitive with condemn.

Tool tip buff, direct to the skill. The main issue I see is that Condemn can do damage as it runs around with no penalty while builds like Sweep/Invoker thorns rely on TP/CR and standing still. Stand still builds should ideally have quite a bit more punch considering the mechanics involved with stacking and the neck/ring combo. Balancing out the runes would be good but that may not happen right away.

I don't want to go for a new flense either but if it ment I could play either or and rank top 20 I'd be happy to farm a new one.

03/02/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Kikaha
"You gain 300% dmg and 60% damage reduction while a defensive skill is active. This effect is disabled if akkarat's champion is active".

No bueno, cheat death<damage bonus.
03/02/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Kikaha

Lots of players don't like the reliance of crusader on AC, nice way to create a powerful item that also does that.

That's also one way of keeping it simple and powerful, plus it would keep condemn out of the picture.

The only thing I could see that would be an issue is the wrath regen, allthough maybe with one free slot, you can fit regen building skills.

Nevertheless, it could work.
5+ gr's behind other classes meta builds (and condemn) isn't good, and you thought Rolands was 'too good' on last ptr which is sort of funny at this point.

Roland is stronger than all DH meta builds and pretty much as strong as WoL Monk - which is the meta monk build. Sure, a few barb builds are better (as well as necro & condemn), but overall I think it's not in a bad place if blizzard intended a 115-120 solo meta on average.
Also, I said on the PTR that if blizzard wanted to put the average highest clear at 110, sweep is too strong. But obviously they didn't want to so yeah, it's not strong enough. And condemn is definitely off the charts !

Think about tuning things for 125-135 b/c that's where the game is headed, and we're getting there rather quickly.

If it's headed that way, blizzard need to buff sets and not supporting items imo. But I'm not convinced they want to us to solo that high.

03/02/2018 10:54 AMPosted by jay
No bueno, cheat death<damage bonus.

I guess you meant to say cheat death > damage bonus ? In which case I'd say I don't agree for roland.
Not only is 60% DR stronger than 150% armor, it would also be a perma 60% DR, perma 300% dmg with no condition, and that allows for roland to ditch zodiac completely and use whatever they want instead. It's a fair trade imo. And it also frees up a skill slot, probably for provoke as we wouldn't have the wrath regen from AC anymore.
03/02/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Kikaha

Not only is 60% DR stronger than 150% armor, it would also be a perma 60% DR, perma 300% dmg with no condition, and that allows for roland to ditch zodiac completely and use whatever they want instead. It's a fair trade imo. And it also frees up a skill slot, probably for provoke as we wouldn't have the wrath regen from AC anymore.

This would make it so awesome. It would most likely be just a few GR levels below Condemn at that point, and (for me at least) so much more enjoyable!
Kikaha's suggestion sounds very good. Also adding provoke to the skills fits to the mechanics of the set.

As a side note: 300% with the mentioned precondition would catapult skywarden to an interesting candidate for invoker set, which I would also like.

Edit: I thought about it again and it could be that buffing 300% and gaining 60% DR without AC on could make a LoN condemn build too strong. Maybe it is better to stick with buffing secondary skills. What do you think?
03/03/2018 03:02 AMPosted by MarNor
Kikaha's suggestion sounds very good. Also adding provoke to the skills fits to the mechanics of the set.

As a side note: 300% with the mentioned precondition would catapult skywarden to an interesting candidate for invoker set, which I would also like.

Edit: I thought about it again and it could be that buffing 300% and gaining 60% DR without AC on could make a LoN condemn build too strong. Maybe it is better to stick with buffing secondary skills. What do you think?

I don't think that'll be a problem, LoN can't use the same ring combo, thus loosing quite a lot of damage, that + the fact that LoN condemn will suffer greatly from resource issues due to the loss of the 2pc bonus from akkhan.

The one thing it will do is boost bombardment, but not enough to put it above current top performing builds. But maybe enough to make a good speed run variant.
Making Bombardment and Roland viable again sounds good to me. Let's see it will be considered in some future patch. At least when they have finished hotfixing the patch mess of this season.