Input delay after last patch

Technical Support
anyone else seeing weird input delay after the last patch?
Nope, but there is a delay in loading levels.
I have noted a delay in the dropping of breaths.
Yes, I am also experiencing random input lag since yesterday. I thought it was my keyboard so I put fresh batteries in, but it still happens. Only happens in Diablo 3. It is very annoying.
03/13/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Gandreg
Yes, I am also experiencing random input lag since yesterday. I thought it was my keyboard so I put fresh batteries in, but it still happens. Only happens in Diablo 3. It is very annoying.

I thought the same. I've actually been having this problem for a couple weeks on-and-off, and only when playing Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 3. Maybe some Blizzard-specific change? I changed the batteries on my mouse several times and the problem would still pop up. Sometimes the game(s) would outright stop receiving mouse input for a couple seconds.
It's happening to me, and the streamers I watch. Characters that have fast move options - Monks and DH's for example - are particularly vulnerable. Keypresses often disappear, and it takes 2 presses to get the input to be recognized. Combine that with irregular lag and you have a lot of frustrating deaths.
03/13/2018 07:16 PMPosted by nslay
03/13/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Gandreg

I thought the same. I've actually been having this problem for a couple weeks on-and-off, and only when playing Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 3. Maybe some Blizzard-specific change? I changed the batteries on my mouse several times and the problem would still pop up. Sometimes the game(s) would outright stop receiving mouse input for a couple seconds.

If it's effecting other Blizzard games then I am more inclined to believe my initial suspicion that it is the anti cheat program they recently added to their games. These type of anti cheat measures usually have unintended consequences like this. But that's just an educated guess. Certainly very disappointed with the downhill quality and service of Blizzard games lately. There was a time, before Activision, this would not have been tolerated by the company.
Warden has you now
From what I understand, it is the new anticheat mechanism. I can't really explain what is going on, but it is the cause of the issue. Basically the way they are hiding things to keep turbohud from working is whats causing the issue.
i've had input lag since i started playing D3 in 2013... i thought it was normal. guess not.
Um, thanks for the down votes.
On Monday, I started noticing randomish intervals of lag every 10 to 15 seconds.

Happens consistently throughout the day, no major changes to internet/usage on my side.

Kind of makes Vault spam difficult.
The game isn't popular enough to have such powerful "anti-cheat" crap / spyware added to the game code.

Now it's just a laggy mess on top of being a ghost town.
03/15/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Demonsky
The game isn't popular enough to have such powerful "anti-cheat" crap / spyware added to the game code.

Now it's just a laggy mess on top of being a ghost town.

Actually it has already been found,, so yea there's that. lol
I've especially seen since this season a higher frequency in input delay, whether it is opening a chest and the stuff that comes out immediately takes an extra second or two or three, or even leaving the area to come back & find the items on the ground because you know you heard something drop OR if you are a monk dashing quickly OR DH vaulting quickly OR even a crusader on a horse going through different congested areas (like Keep Depths or Ruins of Corvus), there is a tremendous and noticeably increased frequency and/or tendency to experience rubber banding, more so than in any other season or patch I've played in since I began playing D3 in Season 7. I didn't have quite so many occurances as this season to be sure, and I always keep everything up to date as far as general maintenance and drivers go. Could be the anti-cheat programs perhaps. Only the techs would know if investigated further & perhaps come up with a solution so that the majority of the player base (that does keep good maintenance and updates on their end) isn't so affected. Time will tell I guess...