How to best get desired set amulet?

Crusader
I'm trying to get the crusader akhan amulet, and the three ways so far are: 1) farm normally, 2) get a random piece of akhan from kadala then convert it with the cube, or 3) just straight up gamble with kadala's amulet.

1) is the default option, so no point going in depth
2) seems attractive because for every time you do option 3, you can instead do option 2 4x times (100 vs 25 bloodshard), but another cost (that option 3 doesnt have) is you have to spent 10 death's breath and forgotten soul, so there is some drawback
3) kinda bad by my intuition (which might be flawed) because I can only gamble 12 times, as opposed to 48 times compared with another set piece, but no DB and FS cost

This situation is really unique to set amulet, because any other pieces only cost 25 shards, and so is pretty trivial. Which of these is the better method?
Option 2 is the cheapest and fastest. Won't be Ancient but right rolls trump a bad Ancient/Primal.
02/19/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Sodalover
I'm trying to get the crusader akhan amulet, and the three ways so far are: 1) farm normally, 2) get a random piece of akhan from kadala then convert it with the cube, or 3) just straight up gamble with kadala's amulet.

1) is the default option, so no point going in depth
2) seems attractive because for every time you do option 3, you can instead do option 2 4x times (100 vs 25 bloodshard), but another cost (that option 3 doesnt have) is you have to spent 10 death's breath and forgotten soul, so there is some drawback
3) kinda bad by my intuition (which might be flawed) because I can only gamble 12 times, as opposed to 48 times compared with another set piece, but no DB and FS cost

This situation is really unique to set amulet, because any other pieces only cost 25 shards, and so is pretty trivial. Which of these is the better method?

There is a 4th way. Craft rare amulets with Shen and use Hope of Cain to upgrade rare amulets to legendary. There is a LOT more variance since that method opens up the entire amulet pool, but you have a chance for ancient and/or primal.
It all depends on how much resources you have. If you have the DBs and FS, then option 2 is by far the best/fastest.

There is a 4th way. Craft rare amulets with Shen and use Hope of Cain to upgrade rare amulets to legendary. There is a LOT more variance since that method opens up the entire amulet pool, but you have a chance for ancient and/or primal.

Huh, I hadn't thought of that. What do you mean by more variance though? Like if I do this method, I'm picking one out of a hundred amulet so there's more variance and lower chance that I'll get what I want?
02/19/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Sodalover

Huh, I hadn't thought of that. What do you mean by more variance though? Like if I do this method, I'm picking one out of a hundred amulet so there's more variance and lower chance that I'll get what I want?

Basically yes. Upgrading rare level 70 amulets will give you a random legendary or set amulet with a chance of being an ancient or primal. There are 18 amulets in the Crusader drop pool unless you're in HC, then it's 19. That gives you a 1 in 18 (or 1 in 19)chance to get an Akkhan Amulet. Skill of Nilfur has a 1 in 7 chance of swapping a set piece to the Amulet but it can not be ancient or primal.