I want a vanilla copy of D3

General Discussion
Is there any place on the net where I can get a copy of vanilla D3 for cheap, thank you!
Go to any store and just buy it... Any "cheap" version online could be questionable.
Once the game key is used, it cannot be re-used. Unless on console but even then I would question it.
You do realize that a vanilla copy is pretty much useless outside of its key to activate the current version?

Unless you are wanting it for nostalgic reasons or trying to find the COE version for the code to get the wings that came with the original release? In that case, good luck.

Game on.
Sadly, there is no way to go back to the 1.0 or 1.08 days :(
Game is online only, so you would have to load up the game which would update to the latest version. As others pointed out, except for the any bonus that *might* still come with that copy and code, it would be the same as the game we have now.
Just musing out loud here.

Let's say the get an original code.

There is no way they could launch the game and play it, even if they removed their internet connection, because the game itself won't allow a full launch, without the net connection.

So even if they were trying to do it on an emulated/segregated server, it still wouldn't work, right?
Welcome to the "Cloud", where the consumer gets no choice :-)
Closest thing you can get is D3 on 360/PS3 think is patched to 1.04 or so.
No guys I just want a non-ROS copy to play around with, just the game not the expansion.
03/07/2018 01:15 PMPosted by SeaBigBear
No guys I just want a non-ROS copy to play around with, just the game not the expansion.

Load up your battle.net app with a new/different account that does not have Diablo 3. Go to the Shop -> Diablo 3 section and you can buy D3 without ROS.

Alternatively, hunt down a retail copy of the base game.

You can try seeing if the Battle Chest has two codes and not just one that unlocks everything if a retail store is kind enough to check for you.
Buy a copy...
I have a few, one was for my son. Don't think I ever opened the box sadly
03/06/2018 05:56 PMPosted by SeaBigBear
Is there any place on the net where I can get a copy of vanilla D3 for cheap, thank you!

Just re-read your opening post... this website is usually pretty thorough for identifying the cheapest place to get a game:

https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=Diablo+3#/page:game/info?plain=diabloiii
Just play Diablo 2. That's if ya want to play a really old vanilla Diablo.
03/06/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Alukat
Sadly, there is no way to go back to the 1.0 or 1.08 days :(

Nobody wants to except you mate

Switch to a Region you don't have any characters. Set the game to Campaign mode. Do only Campaign mode in Acts 1-4. That is what you would get if you just play D3. Everything is patched to the current version of the game.

The ONLY difference between the two is that Vanilla is Campaign Acts 1-4, does not have Adventure Mode, and does not have the Crusader (or option for the Necro DLC).
03/07/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Cucawhithul
Just play Diablo 2. That's if ya want to play a really old vanilla Diablo.

Nope. If you wanted that, you'd play the first retail copy of Diablo 1. >.>
03/06/2018 05:56 PMPosted by SeaBigBear

Play it offline on PS3 or Xbox, I think that is the only way.

I have actually been debating it
03/07/2018 03:12 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Switch to a Region you don't have any characters. Set the game to Campaign mode. Do only Campaign mode in Acts 1-4. That is what you would get if you just play D3. Everything is patched to the current version of the game.

The ONLY difference between the two is that Vanilla is Campaign Acts 1-4, does not have Adventure Mode, and does not have the Crusader (or option for the Necro DLC).

And without the RoS expansion is capped to level 60.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/diablo-iii
03/07/2018 03:12 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Also doesn't non-ROS cap at level 60?