I want a vanilla copy of D3

General Discussion
Go to any porta potty
03/07/2018 04:06 PMPosted by DEATHWISH
03/07/2018 01:15 PMPosted by SeaBigBear
No guys I just want a non-ROS copy to play around with, just the game not the expansion.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/diablo-iii

Still is not going to work as vanilla, as you need to patch the game in order to play online.
03/07/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Still is not going to work as vanilla, as you need to patch the game in order to play online.

He wants only D3 without RoS.
Sure, release D3 isn´t going to work now.

btw,the actual "Vanilla" has the same patch as RoS.It´s just restricted to lvl 60 and Storymode only and 1 Set for every class.
03/07/2018 04:13 PMPosted by DEATHWISH
03/07/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Demonmonger

No, he wants "Vanilla" D3

The term vanilla refers to "The Beginning" or "The original"

So unless he is using the word incorrectly, he wants a fresh copy of D3 with absolutely no patches at all.
03/07/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Demonmonger

No guys I just want a non-ROS copy to play around with, just the game not the expansion.

Thats what he said
03/07/2018 04:20 PMPosted by DEATHWISH

Thats what he said

No arguing :) Both of you could be right but with the OP's post history anything possible. This thread seems to have addressed it from various viewpoints so hopefully one of them suits the OP.
03/07/2018 04:13 PMPosted by DEATHWISH

The term vanilla refers to "The Beginning" or "The original"

So unless he is using the word incorrectly, he wants a fresh copy of D3 with absolutely no patches at all.

I interpreted vanilla exactly as he meant it: D3 without the expansion pack.

Language is complicated, I know. Don't stress over it.
If you manage to procure yourself an Xbox 360 version early in its production cycle, you’ll have the original difficulties including the famous Inferno Mode.

I haven’t updated my 360 copy for that reason.
03/07/2018 03:12 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Switch to a Region you don't have any characters. Set the game to Campaign mode. Do only Campaign mode in Acts 1-4. That is what you would get if you just play D3. Everything is patched to the current version of the game.

The ONLY difference between the two is that Vanilla is Campaign Acts 1-4, does not have Adventure Mode, and does not have the Crusader (or option for the Necro DLC).

I was going to suggest this but OP already has lvl 70 characters in all 3 Regions, so that won't work either.
Try eBay and Amazon ! You can buy Diablo III Collector's Edition, including wings.
Those vanilla wings aren't cheap.

;);)
I found it here: https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/diablo-iii-3-pc-mac

BTW, it's a legit site cause bought game keys from them in the past!
03/08/2018 08:30 AMPosted by SeaBigBear

That won't give you the original game. You will still be patched to the current version.

You can buy D3 vanilla from Blizzard which is far more trustworthy.
03/08/2018 08:35 AMPosted by MissCheetah
03/08/2018 08:30 AMPosted by SeaBigBear

That won't give you the original game. You will still be patched to the current version.

You can buy D3 vanilla from Blizzard which is far more trustworthy.

I don't care about patches I just wanted to play without the ROS expansion, why cause why not.

BTW, been buying from CDKeys for 10+ years now so yes they are trustworthy IMO!
03/06/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Alukat
Sadly, there is no way to go back to the 1.0 or 1.08 days :(

That is a good thing. The game sucked back then.
03/07/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Keyblade

Nobody wants to except you mate
No man those were the good days. None of this 15 difficulty levels crap. None of these sets determining what skills are viable. None of this 4/2 smart loot crap.

03/08/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Duckypoo

The game sucks now. They completely destroyed what could have been salvaged.
03/08/2018 09:31 AMPosted by UngivenFame

The game sucks now. They completely destroyed what could have been salvaged.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.

It just sucked after playing thru it like 3 times then trying to make it into a game at endgame like D2. Really glad they came up with adventure mode and 2000+ hrs later and I am still playing. Can't wait to see adventure mode in D4
Vanilla D3 does not exist anymore (and most of us do not lament that). Even if you buy a new copy of D3 without ROS, you still won't get Vanilla D3. ROS did to D3 what Cataclysm did to the original WoW -- completely changed everything forever. Vanilla D3 is gone. You cannot play it anymore. There is only RoS with all of its capabilities enabled or RoS with limitations. No matter what you buy, you still can only play RoS.
03/08/2018 10:13 AMPosted by LostSoul
Vanilla D3 does not exist anymore (and most of us do not lament that). Even if you buy a new copy of D3 without ROS, you still won't get Vanilla D3. ROS did to D3 what Cataclysm did to the original WoW -- completely changed everything forever. Vanilla D3 is gone. You cannot play it anymore. There is only RoS with all of its capabilities enabled or RoS with limitations. No matter what you buy, you still can only play RoS.

RoS with Necs you mean. lol
03/08/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Cucawhithul
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It just sucked after playing thru it like 3 times then trying to make it into a game at endgame like D2. Really glad they came up with adventure mode and 2000+ hrs later and I am still playing. Can't wait to see adventure mode in D4

Yup. Back then almost all your gold went to repairs so being broke was common. Legendary drops hardly happened. Set pieces were crap and often worse than yellows. You would get one shotted by the little green booger guys that run at you and explode. Farming diablo sucked because the game would end 30 seconds after you killed him. etc etc. The game is in a far better place today than it ever was in classic.