laying Down my Sword

General Discussion
Let me say this be for I start I'm not quitting the game are enything like that.
But I am stopping right now seeing how there is nothing new to do right now in game.

I want to see new Adventure and or act.
I want to see new set that add skills that we don't got right now in game.
something that would really make a set special and unique.

I would really like to see the primal items give something special that nothing else in the game can give something very unique like 200% bonus to life/// or 200% to dam// or give a skill you already have like frozen orb fires 2 frozen orbs are like your orb is 2x times bigger stuff like that. I don't know be creative and develop something we have not seen in your game I want to be mesmerized! anyway's see you once there is something new and ty for the awesome game.
Personally, I'd rather see these kind of posts rather than the QQ I'm quitting ranting ones that goes off about how the game, the devs, Blizzard and everyone in the forums can go to hell.

It's been almost 6 years for Day1 players. For many it has been a long investment in the game and for some probably an emotional and personal attachment (more to 'Diablo' than to D3 specifically).

Edit: plus the OP actually gives some reasons why he's decided to take a break and some ideas that would make him come back.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
03/09/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Kukiri
Maybe it's because I'm in the Boomer generation, but I just don't get why people need to post every time they are allegedly leaving/quitting a game.

You do realize nobody gives a !@#$, right?

Nah, that is not why you are senseless, because most of the boomers started the "share everything about how I feel" movement to begin with. Read about history a little bit, all because the facade is different, does not mean things are much different.
03/09/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Evil
Let me say this be for I start I'm not quitting the game are enything like that.
But I am stopping right now seeing how there is nothing new to do right now in game.

I would really like to see the primal items give something special that nothing else in the game can give something very unique like 200 bonus to life/// or 200 to dam// or give a skill you already have like frozen orb fires 2 frozen orbs are like your orb is 2x times bigger stuff like that. I don't know be creative and develop something we have not seen in your game I want to be mesmerized! anyway's see you once there is something new and ty for the awesome game.

200 life is only 2 vitality at level 70.... A level 1 augment would give more if you were able to even use a level 1 gem to augment armor
Overpowered primals are a horrible idea and were rightfully ignored in favor of perfect ancients. Power creep doesn't change gameplay, it just widens the gap between the haves and the have nots.

New acts, gameplay modes, new items that make unused skills valid. These would all be good ideas.
I layed down my sword a long time ago. Once I found the Cosmic wings, and discovered that I am not good enough to complete set dungeons, especially master them, I couldn't get anything more out of the game. Gonna wait until at least season 20 when I feel enough new changes might occur for me to be interested in playing again. I am keeping an eye on Diablo though, just in case.
I'm picking up your sword.. I played this game for the first few months after release and just reinstalled with the expansion this morning!
03/09/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Bigcheese727
I'm picking up your sword.. I played this game for the first few months after release and just reinstalled with the expansion this morning!
cool I played it for 4 yrs i think i got 14k hrs played I'm just done for now but i well be coming back once i see good changes. and are new content
We don't need any new acts, the priority must be onto the balancing gameplay. New environments and places as a new content will be consumed in a matter of weeks at this rate, it'll just cause community/fans to ask for more. Developer priority must be focused on making this dead-beat of a game a sustainable loothunt like in D2, PoE, Grim Dawn or any other rival title. Mayhaps by the means of new content and a different power layer or systems, but game thrives something new and different at this point.

There's a huge gap between Campaign Mode and Adventure Mode, address that. There's another huge gap between; being at the good end of the RNG and having no upgrades, address that. Game supposed to be about loothunt, not drinking golden experience soups and running a treadmill for 15 minutes. Progress is actually repetitive, fast-paced and linear, the moment you decide to take a break from it you already been burnt out. Else feeling guilty because someone else putting out their best and they're better than you at grinding.

If nothing about this game could push you about making new content for it, then do the inevitable and open a cash shop where players can buy new cosmetics. It doesn't have to be about portraits, pets, transmogrifies or pendants either. I may as well might wanna buy a new graphics filter and fonts like DarkD3 did. There can be even old D1 and D2 soundtracks made by Matt Uelman.

Necro sold like hot cakes, and you can't tell us there's nothing new in the shop for Diablo this year. We've been getting teased about Druid and we never know if it was for D4 or a new D3 DLC at all. I call developers to do something right and actually play the game with all aspects this time before pushing out another band-aid content that will get consumed in a matter of hours.

Game became fun after pleas of fan changed it the way it was, but nobody foresee anything about the drawbacks of game polishing the grinding this far. This time try to make it so, that we feel like we don't need the mercy of RNG to get rewarded. Yes, I know we get rewarded regardless because experience and grinding is the whole point of this game after a while. Haven't you ever get tired of exponential numbers?
03/17/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Evil
03/09/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Bigcheese727
cool I played it for 4 yrs i think i got 14k hrs played I'm just done for now but i well be coming back once i see good changes. and are new content

I played it for 1.2k hours max got paragon 14XX. I saw no bots as a win for mw ro keeo up the good fight. I hopebtoubrwturn one day!
How about removing all the arcade pony graphics and mechanics and taking it back to its original aesthetic.

MDGA.
03/09/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Kukiri

You do realize nobody gives a !@#$, right?

If you really don't care, there is no need to post a reply.

P.S. It bothers the human ego when things we invest in are put in question , thus you replied.
Ben playing diablo 2 got to lvl 99 now what to do lol wow
03/23/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Evil
Ben playing diablo 2 got to lvl 99 now what to do lol wow

Play poe

I would really like to see the primal items give something special that nothing else in the game can give something very unique like 200% bonus to life/// or 200% to dam// or give a skill you already have like frozen orb fires 2 frozen orbs are like your orb is 2x times bigger stuff like that. I don't know be creative and develop something we have not seen in your game I want to be mesmerized! anyway's see you once there is something new and ty for the awesome game.

This is not a good idea.

Primals are far too rare to give that kind of health or damage bonus - the players that had them would always have a significant advantage, especially in Seasons.

Regular legendary items already do this of thing, anyway. For example, Unstable Sceptre makes Arcane Orb explode twice, meaning you are effectively firing 2 Arcane Orbs.
Yes, I am in the same boat as the OP. I used to play daily whenever I could spare a moment between work and other responsibilities usually playing between 2-4 hrs per day. With nothing new more coming out, I just have not been active hardly at all. I did not play seasons this time around as there is no new content, and I have only been playing about 1-2 times per week now. I am still constantly reading the Forums hoping that there will be something new coming in a future patch, but it is just not as much fun anymore playing without new content or changes that we were so used to seeing after every patch release.

When you dismantle items, you should try saving those attributes onto a magical rune, then combine up to 6 runes however you see fit and then affix that onto an item of your choice - be it armor or weapon or offhand.

GLHF