3/1: Mini patch from launcher broke the game LOL

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
03/01/2018 05:34 PMPosted by WiganSoulMan
how is a 2015 file not in windows 10 as normal as i have latest version. i still had to download the redistrbution from microsoft,

I think it has to do more with how the game was coded from 2012 on not what OS you run it on. Why would Windows automatically include something older unless a program required it? Just saying.

As for those that have actually ran the patch and still won't get the game to start try this:

Windows 10 employs a feature called fast start. Due to this, make sure you restart your computer not shut down, turn off and back on. BIG difference. Restarting actually will restart the OS. Shutting down and powering back up will not affect the same changes. Fast start is like a mini-hibernation. It saves critical processes and shuts down, enabling a faster startup, but does not actually restart anything. I usually disable this feature personally, since SSD systems gain little benefit from it.

But essentially, make sure you have restarted your system after the update is applied and see if that fixes your issue.
Thx Meteor, same thing and your fix worked.
i am able to scan and repair after find all files needed
Anyone capable at using computers would've already had this installed.

I guess the switch version can't come soon enough for you guys...
same here
i have downloaded the Microsoft update, and re-installed a few times now. And I still cant get in. it keeps showing those error messages. Is there anything to be done?
help!!!
The problem seems to be r/t running the client in 64 bit mode. Try running in 32 bit. Worked for me and another friend. G/L
03/01/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Kitten
i have downloaded the Microsoft update, and re-installed a few times now. And I still cant get in. it keeps showing those error messages. Is there anything to be done?
help!!!

Same here!!!
Wonderfully tested patch right before a competitor game launches their new season/league tomorrow. I shouldn't have to download an old Visual Basic package from Microsoft because Blizzard, so guess I'll go mess around with Path of Exile instead.
Skilled QA team you have Blizz. I don't want to download a Microsoft VB package just because a Blizz fix broke the game. Thanks.
Well I still can't play it. Tried literally everything.
Tried installing redist, tried 32bit, nothing worked for me, that´s why i hate online games ¬¬
Same problem here Failed to load missing "icuim57.dll" can't load game after update
03/01/2018 08:12 PMPosted by ETpagh

Try another computer?

I have the game on both a desktop and laptop, so able to swap if issues, not that I've had any.

And those complaining that Bliz dropped the ball need to realize that most of us are not having any problem at all. More likely that your system needs the update or hasn't been getting updates properly. Or something is interfering.

Most often, games have a window of time that a driver will properly work on them for example. At some point, the game gets an update that breaks older versions of drivers or Windows components. So you have to update. IF you have been updating properly, you would most likely never run into these scenarios.

I have both a windows 7 and a windows 10 machine. Both work fine since the latest update and I haven't had to do anything to make them work. I use the bnet app to launch the game, but I also have shortcuts to launch outside the bnet app. Both work.
64 bit works.
32 bit works.
No errors.
03/01/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Fuzzy
No new content this season and devs still manage to break the game. They really are a special kind of stupid aren't they.

agreed...
03/01/2018 08:21 PMPosted by DTMAce
03/01/2018 08:12 PMPosted by ETpagh

Try another computer?

I have the game on both a desktop and laptop, so able to swap if issues, not that I've had any.

And those complaining that Bliz dropped the ball need to realize that most of us are not having any problem at all. More likely that your system needs the update or hasn't been getting updates properly. Or something is interfering.

Most often, games have a window of time that a driver will properly work on them for example. At some point, the game gets an update that breaks older versions of drivers or Windows components. So you have to update. IF you have been updating properly, you would most likely never run into these scenarios.

I have both a windows 7 and a windows 10 machine. Both work fine since the latest update and I haven't had to do anything to make them work. I use the bnet app to launch the game, but I also have shortcuts to launch outside the bnet app. Both work.
64 bit works.
32 bit works.
No errors.

Ok bro it's not my fault. The game worked fine before and all the other Blizzard titles also work fine presently. So do numerous other games I have, including on steam etc.

Do you see the common denominator here? It's not me.
03/01/2018 09:18 PMPosted by ETpagh
Ok bro it's not my fault. The game worked fine before and all the other Blizzard titles also work fine presently. So do numerous other games I have, including on steam etc.

Do you see the common denominator here? It's not me.

Agreed , not to mention that many others including me are having this issue . I really don't think anythings broken on our PC's , everything was fine until this patch release , then people were complaining . So it's pretty obvious it isn't anything to do with our end of things . It's not looking too good for us though , still no solution to the problem . Blizzard app works fine , the game doesn't . This sucks .
tell us straight up...u want to shut down servers and close d3 entirely?...is this ur way of approach?...tell us now so we clear and will stop logging back on...no need to refund...keep the $40 to pay ur staff...
So does Blizzard intend to fix this problem with the patch?
I tried reinstalling the redistributable, launching the 32-bit, launching with a desktop icon, nothing works. It's an incredibly crappy day outside here in Boston and I'm sure I'd have been able to farm that primal Travelers Pledge. So Blizzard, just put one into my stash and we'll call it even.

I'm kind of curious if this patch removed those MS files, or if it has started using files (that many of us don't have) that it wasn't using before.