Show SOME Consideration...

General Discussion
Hi everyone. I hope the start of your season is going better than mine is. Now this may be an avoidable issue with regards to opening the game up to strangers, but honestly, I expect a little bit more from people playing this game.

So with that being said, I'm playing my fresh lvl 70 Necromancer on Hard difficulty, trying to get the last bounty mats to cube my first item. I've been doing bounties for a few hours or so and since this is my last one I decide to open the game up to public in hopes of speeding it up and making things more fun.

Instead what happened was the people that joined decided I was "too low" and booted me from my game just before I was able to get the last cache I needed. A cache that I completed most of the bounties on my own. After a few minutes they invited me back to the party but, since I was kicked from the game, I couldn't get back in to get my rewards. Now I have to do them all over again in order to finally cube an item. And you better believe I'm not opening it up to public.

It's a trivial thing to be upset over, I know. What I mostly felt in my heart was gut wrenching disappointment in a player-base I thought had a little more decency than that.
That's too bad. I'm sorry! Usually people finish the bounties before inviting people, to give away free caches. I think your mistake was expecting strangers to help you.
Play solo, problem solved. The D3 community sucks booty.
02/27/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Neverdragon
That's too bad. I'm sorry! Usually people finish the bounties before inviting people, to give away free caches. I think your mistake was expecting strangers to help you.

The real problem here is the fact that it doesn't save your bounty progress at all outside of the session.
02/27/2018 01:01 AMPosted by JedN7
Play solo, problem solved. The D3 community sucks booty.

Exactly this, and then people wonder why they can't find public games, and don't think people will stop rolling up public games because they get too many trouble makers in their games
Pub games are a roll of the dice. For a more consistent experience, try rolling with an active clan.
02/27/2018 12:40 AMPosted by HyndSyght
Hi everyone. I hope the start of your season is going better than mine is. Now this may be an avoidable issue with regards to opening the game up to strangers, but honestly, I expect a little bit more from people playing this game.

So with that being said, I'm playing my fresh lvl 70 Necromancer on Hard difficulty, trying to get the last bounty mats to cube my first item. I've been doing bounties for a few hours or so and since this is my last one I decide to open the game up to public in hopes of speeding it up and making things more fun.

Instead what happened was the people that joined decided I was "too low" and booted me from my game just before I was able to get the last cache I needed. A cache that I completed most of the bounties on my own. After a few minutes they invited me back to the party but, since I was kicked from the game, I couldn't get back in to get my rewards. Now I have to do them all over again in order to finally cube an item. And you better believe I'm not opening it up to public.

It's a trivial thing to be upset over, I know. What I mostly felt in my heart was gut wrenching disappointment in a player-base I thought had a little more decency than that.

guess you were unlucky. i constantly dc during bounty runs but when i log back in players are happy to invite me back in.
i play solo. my friend list is empty,nobody there except guy from this avatar and letters that say: "you have no friends". tried playing public,clans,with friends and realized im better off alone.
Friend me I will run bounties with you. Name is the same for in game.
A bad batch of player you got mate. Not all of us are like that.

I usually carry a few runs of rifts or more if I find out a player is new to the game. Nothing off my back to be nice and chill.

The players that do that !@#$ like they are being competitive and you're holding them back are in short stupid. They wouldn't be in public games if they were competitive in any way shape or form.

I'm sorry you felt the toxic side of blizzards player base but that's the way of online gaming in general. May your future experiences be better.
02/27/2018 12:40 AMPosted by HyndSyght

If you need help shoot me an invite. I can run bounties for you! I don't mind helping at all.

As soon as i get home from work we can play.
I never fully understood why Blizz developed a multiplayer game where a stranger can kick out the person that created the game session in the first place. Seems somehow wrong to me. If other players don't want to team with you then can leave rather than kick you. Ah well. Just the joys of this wonderful species of primate.
Why do I feel like we are only hearing one side of the story. I just don't see anyone zoning into Hard difficulty and doing what you claim.
You have to remember you are playing in a Public game. Most of the people really don't care about you. Yes I can see the kick thing when somebody isn't helping.

I have seen it all when playing in a Public game. If you say something to them about how they are playing. They will turn it around so you are the bad person.

I know there was one game I played in. There was this guy just jumping all over the place. I said something and said if you want to do them all by yourself I'll just sit in town.

Well you know how that ended up. I was the one kick from the game. I messages the other two players and told them you kick me. Plus you kept the guy that wasn't really helping.

So OP get use to it. A lot of the people that play are mindless loser and only care about themselves. If I see somebody having a problem in a GR, Rift or Bounty. I'll fall back and help them if I can.
02/27/2018 06:33 AMPosted by JDog914
I never fully understood why Blizz developed a multiplayer game where a stranger can kick out the person that created the game session in the first place.

The answer to that should be obvious. What if the person who created the game session went AFK and just stood in town leeching? The three other players that joined that game shouldn't be unable to remove the person who's not contributing just because that player was the first in the game.
There really ought to be immunity from being kicked from the game you created to the public. That would be a commen sense implementation to the game. If that ever happened to me, I'd be livid to say the least! Sorry you had a bunch of egoistical asshats determined to kick you from your own game because at first glance they assumed your lvl was too low or whatever.
02/27/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Meteorblade
02/27/2018 06:33 AMPosted by JDog914
I never fully understood why Blizz developed a multiplayer game where a stranger can kick out the person that created the game session in the first place.

The answer to that should be obvious. What if the person who created the game session went AFK and just stood in town leeching? The three other players that joined that game shouldn't be unable to remove the person who's not contributing just because that player was the first in the game.
or you could all just leave the game, check your recent players on list, invite them other two to your game, so if something happens, and you have to suddenly take a big dump or something, you can come back to find they kicked you. That would be fair ye?
Thanks for the replies and group offers, glad to see there's still solid people on here who just want to help and enjoy the game. I try not to let the poor choices of a few affect my overall experience online, but for some reason this situation got to me. The fact that I got booted from a Hard difficulty game absolutely blew my mind; more still when I was holding my own even if my gear wasn't great (still fresh).
I know how annoyed I get if I'm almost done with bounties and get disconnected so I can empathize with you OP. I imagine my reaction to being kicked out of a game that I created and had finished most of the bounties would be similar if not worse.

<conspiracy>
I wonder if there is a group of players that just hop from game to game trying to find a public game where 4 of 5 bounties are done in order to kick a person to invite a friend and finish the last bounty themselves. Not sure if it would be time efficient but given that there is no PVP in D3 worth mentioning I could see some griefers getting off on doing this to unsuspecting players. Some just want to ruin your enjoyment.
</conspiracy>
That sucks man, sorry to hear that.

If you want I'll rip you through T13 bounties and make sure no one messes with you. Add me.