Let pets loot death's breath mats ?

General Discussion
- No future plans announced (just a weird video-demo released weeks ago with bosses being killed in new areas)
- No changes made since S12 start
- No S13 on PTR
- Less than 48 hours left till S13 so we do not expect any changes to be made that are significant.

At least, allow pets to loot death's breath materials ? Coding this does not take too long and there is 0% chance to break any features in an attempt to get this working.

I know that there are not many devs in the D3 team anymore but this feature isn't complicated to get this working before S13 begins at all, since it's already functioning by looting coins.
I'm wondering if blizzard pays any bucks out of the 1+ billion profit they made via Diablo 3 to their fanboys, in order to downvote any useful topic that's being made with suggestions and with info exposing how bad the D3 managment is and how dead the game is day by day ;)
Seems someone didn't notice that the developers have spent time on the latest anti-cheat patch???
02/21/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Jazz
Seems someone didn't notice that the developers have spent time on the latest anti-cheat patch???

The cheaters were the icing on the cake, I mean it was the last thing players would care about.

Also, what makes you believe that cheaters are now gone forever ? there has never been an online game that was cheats-free for longer than couple of days. It all depends on how attractive those cheats are and how much profit the devs are making out of this. Since we're talking about D3, I believe that the profit is huge.

So, instead of thinking about "how to get rid of cheaters for the next couple days", how about to find out what's the actual benefit of a cheater ? Are they using it for materials (uber machines, rift keys, bounty mats, white/blue/yellow/db mats) farming ? I doubt. They are using it for paragon leveling! How come ? Because when a legit player reach 2000-2500 paragon level, the cheater is gonna be 4500+. That's at least 2000 paragon levels difference, which equals to 10k extra stat points, either it is Strength, Dexterity or w/e. Not sure if this is how it works on each class but for the Demon Hunters, a 10k dex boost could help you to push at least 2 GR levels higher compared to a legit player.

So, how to actually piss off a cheater and to make stuff between legit players and cheaters balanced ? Simply reduce the stats given per paragon level. What's the point getting +5 stat points per paragon level ? Why not +1 stat point ? And this is not the only solution they could go with, there are many other ways to make cheaters life harder by adding some sort of puzzle/captcha upon GR entering.

But as I said cheating was the icing on the cake. Not sure if you're checking about D3 news here and there but I do check and since Necromancer's release, D3 gets worse day by day. D3 team members constantly leaving to join their WoW, OW etc teams, A useless update of items (which is not that bad since it balances stuff) BUT ruins players effort who spent their time/mats in an attempt to obtain the old version items and at the end they had to salvage them, because staff was <<unable>> to replace them with some kind of algorithms to match with the new % bonuses. Then blizzcon comes but NOTHING about D3. Then PTR goes off and on (according to rumors, in order to test lower budget servers / less host servers, hence the massive lag that many people of specific regions experienced). Then Season 12 ends without ANY news about upcoming changes. They did not even bother to release Season 13 on PTR.

Blizzard made over a billion of bucks profit via Diablo 3 + Expansion + Necro package. Compared to the number of people who worked for D3 and for how long their server costs are being paid, the money they made are way too much than what they've provided to us until now. Completing Rifts to receive GRift keystone so I can complete a GRift that's pretty much like a Rift (compared to mobs and maps), only difference is the time pressure and the difficulty of the mobs. Farming uber machines for hellfire amulets (which are no longer useful, or at least, not as useful as they used to be), Doing bounties (which I must mention are hella boring) to waste 'em within few re-rolls. Repeating this for years, how can this be joy ? The only interesting thing about D3 after 12 seasons, it's the journey which doesn't take longer than 24 hours to complete. So what kind of joy are we talking about if we log in to D3 just for 1 day per season ?

At the end of the day, we're the bad boys 'cause we are at forums trying to tell blizzard how boring and dead D3 now is. Yet the fanboys are kissing asses and downvoting all of these useful topics. I hope that those people are earning some bucks at least otherwise they must be really dumb ;) It does not matter though, there are many other ARPGs out there which are not pay2play (i.e. D3) but they're free2play instead with much more content and their features are not only Rift->Grift->Repeat.
02/21/2018 04:58 PMPosted by nikos32
02/21/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Jazz
Yet the fanboys are kissing asses

You seem to have your head up your own!
02/21/2018 04:58 PMPosted by nikos32
At the end of the day, we're the bad boys 'cause we are at forums trying to tell blizzard how boring and dead D3 now is. Yet the fanboys are kissing asses and downvoting all of these useful topics. I hope that those people are earning some bucks at least otherwise they must be really dumb ;) It does not matter though, there are many other ARPGs out there which are not pay2play (i.e. D3) but they're free2play instead with much more content and their features are not only Rift->Grift->Repeat.

Agreed.
What video? No new areas to speak of as far as anyone knows right now.
02/21/2018 11:03 AMPosted by nikos32

Coding this does not take too long and there is 0% chance to break any features in an attempt to get this working.

I fully support this idea of pets looting deaths breaths. This is a feature I've wanted for a VERY long time.

I'm curious, though, why you would claim there would be "0% chance" for unintended side effects. This is a unrealistic stat you just pulled out of thin air. If you've ever coded in a complex project, you know that there's ALWAYS a chance for some goofy unintended side effects. Also, making the assumption that gold pickup functions the same as regular loot, is not only lacking evidence, but actually has empirical evidence refuting it. When you walk by gold in game, it will auto-pick up, unlike any other item. It's kind of a strange conclusion to assume that code to have a pet pick the item up would be the same as picking up gold, when we already know that gold doesn't function like regular loot drops in the first place.

I'm not saying that this is a super complicated code that would take this generations greatest minds to create, but it doesn't serve anyone to make baseless claims. Devs aren't going to read a random forum post and think to themselves "Hey this guys is 100% sure this feature won't break our code that he's never seen. That's our cue. Let's get to coding boys."

I don't want to come off as attacking your post, because I actually support this idea. I just think the reasoning is off. One of the challenges of any game Dev is to take feedback and make a determination of how important that feature is to the game and the community. A game feature shouldn't be implemented just because it's easy to code. We should then redirect the discussion on how valuable of a feature we, the player base, see that feature instead of trying to argue it's value base on how simple we think it would be to create.
02/22/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Savage

Coding this does not take too long and there is 0% chance to break any features in an attempt to get this working.

I fully support this idea of pets looting deaths breaths. This is a feature I've wanted for a VERY long time.

I'm curious, though, why you would claim there would be "0% chance" for unintended side effects. This is a unrealistic stat you just pulled out of thin air. If you've ever coded in a complex project, you know that there's ALWAYS a chance for some goofy unintended side effects. Also, making the assumption that gold pickup functions the same as regular loot, is not only lacking evidence, but actually has empirical evidence refuting it. When you walk by gold in game, it will auto-pick up, unlike any other item. It's kind of a strange conclusion to assume that code to have a pet pick the item up would be the same as picking up gold, when we already know that gold doesn't function like regular loot drops in the first place.

I'm not saying that this is a super complicated code that would take this generations greatest minds to create, but it doesn't serve anyone to make baseless claims. Devs aren't going to read a random forum post and think to themselves "Hey this guys is 100% sure this feature won't break our code that he's never seen. That's our cue. Let's get to coding boys."

I don't want to come off as attacking your post, because I actually support this idea. I just think the reasoning is off. One of the challenges of any game Dev is to take feedback and make a determination of how important that feature is to the game and the community. A game feature shouldn't be implemented just because it's easy to code. We should then redirect the discussion on how valuable of a feature we, the player base, see that feature instead of trying to argue it's value base on how simple we think it would be to create.

I've worked on a very similar to D3 project in the past and I'm 100% sure that such thing wouldn't break any of the current features.

Considering that auto-loot is already functioning by looting gold, it wouldn't take longer than couple of hours (including tests) for 2 developers to force pets loot Death's Breath materials too. If the gold of D3 corresponds to a constant ID then it would be even easier than what I've in my mind because any item has each ID.
02/21/2018 11:07 PMPosted by JedN7
What video? No new areas to speak of as far as anyone knows right now.

Sorry, I didn't mean that "there are new areas" but about bosses being killed in another places (which already exists) other than their current areas. I see how confusing this is, apologies =p

And the video I'm talking about is a demo footage or w/e they call it, at blizzcon 2017.
If pets were to pick up death's breaths the same way they pick up gold you could end up only getting half of the amount dropped when speed farming..
02/22/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Jazz
If pets were to pick up death's breaths the same way they pick up gold you could end up only getting half of the amount dropped when speed farming..

If truly treated the same as gold then would be affected by Avarice Band as well.
02/22/2018 06:54 AMPosted by GhostDragon
02/22/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Jazz

If truly treated the same as gold then would be affected by Avarice Band as well.

Oh sure... and Boon of the Hoarder too?
It affects pickup radius, not talking about gold generation.
Yes, could have different pets pickup different mats. As alternative, enhance Sages Set to auto-pickup.
- No future plans announced (just a weird video-demo released weeks ago with bosses being killed in new areas)
- No changes made since S12 start
- No S13 on PTR
- Less than 48 hours left till S13 so we do not expect any changes to be made that are significant.

At least, allow pets to loot death's breath materials ? Coding this does not take too long and there is 0% chance to break any features in an attempt to get this working.

I know that there are not many devs in the D3 team anymore but this feature isn't complicated to get this working before S13 begins at all, since it's already functioning by looting coins.
blech again another season 13 groundhog day repeat