Challenge Rift #36 Guide (US) - Hard one this week!

General Discussion
02/27/2018 09:39 PMPosted by HOOCHOO
The NA CR is my The Thrill Conquest run for this season. Finished 53rd in that conquest. Blizzard made no changes as far as I can remember to my build, gems, or map layout.
I forgot that The Thrill was part of this season's conquest, when I remembered I quickly finished off the build with some crafted rares; those slots were not important anyways and I was running out of mats at the time.
Super tanky build for a DH, lots of redundancy and damage isn't distance dependent.
Clear most of floor 1 and almost all of floor 2 (try grouping elites), use CoE Fire and Oculus Ring wisely and save most of the Power Pylon on floor 3 for the RG and you'll be fine. If you've never played DH before, it might take a few goes but keep trying.

Good job! xD
Not sure why anyone would consider this challenge rift hard. It plays pretty much just like a regular multishot build. Like just vault around while holding down the right mouse button. I'm pretty bad at playing multishot builds, and still had about a minute leftover on the first try.
02/27/2018 10:50 AMPosted by sciicers
Try the one for EU guys, that one is just stupid.

Won't let me try it without first clearing a solo GR...
The NA CR is my The Thrill Conquest run for this season. Finished 53rd in that conquest. Blizzard made no changes as far as I can remember to my build, gems, or map layout.
I forgot that The Thrill was part of this season's conquest, when I remembered I quickly finished off the build with some crafted rares; those slots were not important anyways and I was running out of mats at the time.
Super tanky build for a DH, lots of redundancy and damage isn't distance dependent.
Clear most of floor 1 and almost all of floor 2 (try grouping elites), use CoE Fire and Oculus Ring wisely and save most of the Power Pylon on floor 3 for the RG and you'll be fine. If you've never played DH before, it might take a few goes but keep trying.

Great job and all but your build is beyond garbage
02/28/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Romulus

x1000
02/28/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Romulus

That's a bit harsh for a day one seasonal conquest build built on the fly. ;P But that's all good.

With the gear I had the only thing I would have changed was to swap the rare ring for the follower's Oculus Ring, because the follower would die often. Skill, Passives etc. I wouldn't change a thing.

Before people say Wolf Companion instead of Bat.. I can defend that.. to get the most out of the Oculus Ring and CoE Fire cycles it's best to have full hatred going into these so as to not waste time with the generator interrupting the MS spam.
Casual player ranting: my problem is that I can't even "see" the icon of the CoE, so I never pay attention to it's cycles. I don't know if it's because I have a 4k tv and the icon is too small, or it's just that my ability to perceive such a small thing is impaired. There's already so much going on on the screen that I feel it's a little unfair to ask the casual audience to try and be able to harness that cycle to complete the CR in time.. also relying on Oculus is problematic for similar reasons, it requires someone to keep track of one more thing (on top of the dozens of other things to keep track of).

I wish we could have CRs that don't rely on precise timing of buffs that cycle and/or movement based buffs like Oculus.

Also I'm curious to hear the defense of Bat..

Good job! I actually felt this was the first time I loved a Challenge Rift, and I don't even much like the DH (sorry). I do most of them because I DETEST bounties and some of them I've liked but this one felt like it hit the spot for me. It wasn't super easy (I had to try a couple times) but it wasn't for a bad reason. It had everything it needed for the spec to work how it's supposed to with the only thing I questioned being the rerolling the as on the wh, but I assume you were hoping to get lucky with limited mats for the max amount. If every week's CR was similar in level to this I'd actually consider trying to get higher on the boards when a spec I loved came around. <3
02/28/2018 12:08 AMPosted by TianZi
Not sure why anyone would consider this challenge rift hard. It plays pretty much just like a regular multishot build. Like just vault around while holding down the right mouse button. I'm pretty bad at playing multishot builds, and still had about a minute leftover on the first try.

Because people just get salty when they realize CRs aren't the free mats faceroll they expected. Have you noticed how every time a challenge rift is....challenging (*gasp!!!!!!*), someone has to come and whine about it instead of actually working out a strategy to actually beat it? This one isn't even one of the hardest, by far. I even felt like I did a mistake wasting time with the Juggernaut zombie, and even then I had over 30 seconds to spare at the end. It does play exactly like a standard MS farming build, but you still have to be mindful of what you hit, since you don't have the massive damage boost from UE, so a bit of monster grouping is recommended. Diablo forbid some of these people actually have to put some damn effort towards beating anything.
Thanks for the advice, was able to beat it with 18 seconds remaining on my second try.