Condemn: Shield Glare vs Provoke

Crusader
Why do I see almost all Crusaders run Provoke: Too Scared to Run over Shield Glare: Divine Verdict?

Shield Glare interrupts and prevents attacks from happening, while also increasing all damage enemies take by 20%.

Provoke taunts all enemies to attack you and reduces their attack speed by 50% and movement speed by 80%.

I never find myself running out of Wrath, not even close. So why do the majority of Crusaders choose Provoke over Shield Glare? Thanks for educating me in advance! :D
If you are Condemning quickly enough, you will need the Wrath regeneration provided by Provoke at some point (i.e. RG fight). Also, Provoke "hits" in all directions, whereas Shield Glare is limited to 180-ish degrees. Hope that helps.
I'm not sure about the definition of condemning quick enough. In my current setting, I numlock all 4 skills (including condemn) and put shield glare on RMB. Doing gr90+ solo at ease without much wrath issue, rarely drop below half. But of course I micro-manage my wrath by holding force move button when I'm moving around so as not to waste my wrath too much.

The only thing I'm curious, at high GR, is the 1st or 2nd rune of shield glare better. 20% increased damage at 80% up time vs 50% charming at 100% up time. Currently running the 1st run though.
Numlock is very bad for your DPS output with condemn. Like, numlock will cast condemn roughly twice per seconds, while a good timing (*cough* macro *cough*) will do it 3 times per second. That's 30% damage and 30% resource consumption.

Provoke has no casting animation and can be used while moving, while you have to stop to cast divine verdict. Since you have no attack speed whatsoever on condemn, the animation takes quite a long time, ~1s. Not moving for 1s just to get some resource is not a clearly good tradeoff, even if you get a blind in the process.
Lastly, you need to position yourself differently for provoke and shield glare, for the former you have to go right inside the pack, where your condemn will do most of the damage, while for the latter you want to stay on the edge which means you're not getting full value with condemn, and worse, can unpack the pack you made with vacuum.

Of course, both work, but I'd say shield glare has a higher skill cap and don't have that many pros. I'm pretty sure Rxt (that everybody knows on EU NS LB) cleared like 122+ with shield glare so it's definitely viable if you prefer it.
03/03/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Kikaha
Numlock is very bad for your DPS output with condemn. Like, numlock will cast condemn roughly twice per seconds, while a good timing (*cough* macro *cough*) will do it 3 times per second.

The mini-cooldown for Condemn is around 0.5 second, plus whatever latency you have, so 2 Condemns per second is already the highest frequency possible.

Generally speaking, aim for at least 30 Condemns per Akarat's Champion (20 seconds).