New patch released!

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Just got an Update to my game. what are the release notes?
I have been waiting for this, to me it fixes a performance problem. Also have read that maybe a third party blocker. I know nothing though.
If it's just a server update for background changes, they normally don't have any notes about the changes.
It's the same version as the ptr 2.6.1.49286 so maybe.
It may be related to the system services tested on the ptr.
We'll have to wait and see if the ban count goes up in the next few days.
Nuh!!! dont ban my friends!!!
Patch with memory obfuscation landed, Thud/bots down.

We shall see for how long -_-
02/20/2018 02:02 PMPosted by S4v4G3

Well, they did refer to the PTR as a stress/server load test at one point. So I would guess, at least for the time being the server load will be less as the cheaters are stressed. One can only hope :)
I wish they would fix it where I do not have to go change my dl speeds for every patch for all their games!
02/20/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Griff

Well, they did refer to the PTR as a stress/server load test at one point. So I would guess, at least for the time being the server load will be less as the cheaters are stressed. One can only hope :)
Game stability has nothing to do with 3rd party software, it is just a poorly optimized game engine unfortunately... That is why the game completely breaks when you use area damage... D3 will never be fixed, just have to wait for Diablo 4 and hope it's better coded.
02/20/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Griff

That’s not a first server slam we’ve been thru. This ptr was testing new game memory mechanges, that’s all.

Profiles of banned players should update some time soon too, some folks I know are banned and still I can inspect their profiles.

Don’t expect any automated bans with this patch, dude who supposedly got banned on ptr due to Thud was due to ban from other things this season. And, not to rain on parade but things will get faster for those folks who are trying to get thru obfuscation of memory, once it is live it is accessible to all (ptr connections from EU are horrible).

Just being objective here, as usual.
uhm... There are no more goblins!
I hear them but there are 0 goblins to be found.
02/20/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Pokemon
Nuh!!! dont ban my friends!!!

purge the unclean !
crap patch no performance improved by blizz only troll player patch again
02/20/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Blackarrows
If it's just a server update for background changes, they normally don't have any notes about the changes.

This is, indeed, the case. Pretty much all changes in this patch were to either a) make the existing hotfixes for 2.6.1 permanent client-side changes or b) to update some background functionalities.

No gameplay-impacting changes are included in this patch.
02/20/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Nevalistis

This is, indeed, the case. Pretty much all changes in this patch were to either a) make the existing hotfixes for 2.6.1 permanent client-side changes or b) to update some background functionalities.

[/quote]thanks nev

you did a hard change which had a big impact to the gameplay of d3.

So still no anti-bot...

Turbohud creator:

guys thats totally normal HUD can't read the memory after a patch. The big question is the reason...

a) regular patch (easy fix like always)
b) protection added (it is possible that we are screwed)
Nuh!!! Game is dead.
Where is the evidence of this 'protected memory?' are we just going off conjecture from a Thud user that it seems may have been banned for exploiting anyway?

Someone please provide some evidence of these claims.
02/20/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Headsoup
Where is the evidence of this 'protected memory?' are we just going off conjecture from a Thud user that it seems may have been banned for exploiting anyway?

Someone please provide some evidence of these claims.

02/20/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Pokemon
Turbohud creator:

guys thats totally normal HUD can't read the memory after a patch. The big question is the reason...

a) regular patch (easy fix like always)
b) protection added (it is possible that we are screwed)

Well, seeing how both the THUD and Bot forums are all talking about it, I'm guessing that for now, they are not working. Good news really :) Can only hope it lasts.