Should I finish campaign before seasonal?

General Discussion
So I bought this game a while back but never really played it until now, and holy crap is it a ton of fun. I just hit the start of RoS in the campaign and haven't unlocked adventure mode yet. However, it seems Seasonal heroes are what everyone's doing nowadays? I want to get into it, but feel like completing the campaign first should be a priority. Is that right? Or should I just jump right in?
Finish the campaign in non-season mode first. Then jump into season mode. Season mode has adventure mode unlocked from the start. Non-season does not. You won't be able to play adventure mode in non-season mode if you don't finish the campaign.
Play the way you like it. If this is your first time, do the campaing first. It is slower passed and will be good for a new player.

You can always play the campaing in season. Then you can use that hero to keep playing adventure mode on season like everyone else is.
Completing the campaign is by no means an obligation but if you are playing it for the storyline, go ahead and do so (imo story is meh). As for whether to play seasonal or not, you should definitely make one. You get a free set gear for completing season journeys which gives you a huge starting boost to do other tasks. If you need help or other questions, feel free to add me :)
Thanks! Is there a way to speed up the campaign?
I wouldn't speed it up. Follower side quests, and vendor conversations are a great part of the story. I think you would miss a lot if you speed through it.

However if you want to get to seasonal take a break and do seasons. You can always go back and finish campaign when you get tired of seasons.
02/27/2018 04:00 AMPosted by Berzerko
However, it seems Seasonal heroes are what everyone's doing nowadays? I want to get into it, but feel like completing the campaign first should be a priority. Is that right? Or should I just jump right in?

You could do what I did last season when I bought the game which is create a seasonal character and play through the entire Campaign Mode on it first, ignoring Adventure Mode until I had experienced the entire story. Then, I switched that seasonal character over to Adventure Mode and started playing through the seasonal chapters for the set and cosmetic rewards.

If you go straight into Adventure Mode on seasonal without ever completing the campaign first, you will spoil a lot of of elements from the story, especially the boss fights which will have been greatly lessened by the removal of their cutscenes and dialogue. Granted, someone who has already completed the story once or twice won't care to sit through that over and over again while running boss bounties, but it is nice to have the first battles against a bosses be properly within the context of the story.
02/27/2018 04:32 AMPosted by Berzerko
Thanks! Is there a way to speed up the campaign?

Movement speed +12% boots
02/27/2018 04:15 AMPosted by Spiffy
Completing the campaign is by no means an obligation

It's not an obligation in season, but if you don't complete a campaign in non season you cannot go into adventure mode
02/27/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Steve
02/27/2018 04:15 AMPosted by Spiffy
Completing the campaign is by no means an obligation

It's not an obligation in season, but if you don't complete a campaign in non season you cannot go into adventure mode

You cannot play in adventure mode unless you've completed the campaign at least once. You can do campaign in season if you want. You can do it in non-season. But you have to complete it before adventure mode unlocks, and once you unlock adventure mode, it's unlocked forever. You'll be able to jump right into adventure mode from the start for every season thereafter.
02/27/2018 11:21 PMPosted by LostSoul
02/27/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Steve

You cannot play in adventure mode unless you've completed the campaign at least once. You can do campaign in season if you want. You can do it in non-season. But you have to complete it before adventure mode unlocks, and once you unlock adventure mode, it's unlocked forever. You'll be able to jump right into adventure mode from the start for every season thereafter.

Isn't that what I said
Good afternoon!

I guess I'm raising this thread from the dead.
I was just running a search to see if I could find a way to get the Angelic Wings, I got the Collector's Edition for PC Diablo III originally launched and I have been trying to find a way to get my Angelic Wings on my ps4 Diablo III.

My PSN and Battle Net accounts are linked, I got some bonuses, but not the Angelic Wings. If I'm following your exchange correctly, the only way to get it is by finding some one that has duped a copy of the Wings?

I would appreciate any help and your time for reading my question!
11/17/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Porphyria
Good afternoon!

I guess I'm raising this thread from the dead.
I was just running a search to see if I could find a way to get the Angelic Wings, I got the Collector's Edition for PC Diablo III originally launched and I have been trying to find a way to get my Angelic Wings on my ps4 Diablo III.

My PSN and Battle Net accounts are linked, I got some bonuses, but not the Angelic Wings. If I'm following your exchange correctly, the only way to get it is by finding some one that has duped a copy of the Wings?

I would appreciate any help and your time for reading my question!

Nothing from PC transfers over to Consoles.
I envy you. I want that feeling back of enjoying the game. Long ago it left.

Edit: Please don't let this change your experience. Have fun and enjoy it!!
11/17/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Black
I envy you. I want that feeling back of enjoying the game. Long ago it left.

Edit: Please don't let this change your experience. Have fun and enjoy it!!

And I certainly am! Angelic Wings or no.

After I had soured myself on FFXI, I learned to watch my enthusiasm with games; if it begins to feel like a chore or if I get overly frustrated, I give myself some space and come back to it later. I never had much of a chance when D3 first came out to properly enjoy it, so I put it on my to do list when I had time to give to it.

And I am very glad that I did, it pulled me in immediately; arguably one of the best Saturdays I've had in awhile!
Definitely play Campaign! For me, Campaign and background knowledge of whatever it is helps me enjoy the game more. For example, when I meet a mob I know its story origins and what NPCs describe them of. I know, I'm such a nerd but I really loved Diablo 2 with its story so I wanted to continue that for D3.
u also should unlock crifts because then you start season with a decent bonus out of the chest. get last wp of season quick, ask for powerlvl to 70 quick, do a solo grift (lvl 1) if u want. then start season and after starting season you do the crift
The story is always worth doing once in a while. Frankly I miss boosting through acts like in D2.