Blizzard vs 3rd Party Software

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
A friend of mine just told me that one of his mates locked into PTR with THUD and just got banned within five minutes. Anyone else heard of that / can confirm that?

Edit: Quote from forum, cause link got deleted:

- i hear there are new anti memory reading /debugging methods in latest ptr build. this would mean no 3rd party tool will work on next update.

- I tested, seems unable to search the base address, but offset can be found
Need KJ further confirmation

- bad bad news for THUD future.

- The base address is encrypted.

- Well, it all depends on Enigma. If they obfuscated the memory then HUD is dead.

- No pressure man! This is way beyond my skills... and life will go on without HUD, it will be just a bit more sad.
How is someone supposed to confirm that if its true ? As far iam aware the forums account is unaccessable then aswell when a ban got applied.
02/17/2018 01:14 PMPosted by lib
A friend of mine just told me that one of his mates locked into PTR with THUD and just got banned within five minutes. Anyone else heard of that / can confirm that?

Blizzard does not discuss cheat detection methods and anyone who gets an actual account ban can't post here.

I don't think anyone is going to be willing to run cheat software to test it for you though.
02/17/2018 01:33 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Blizzard does not discuss cheat detection methods and anyone who gets an actual account ban can't post here.

I don't think anyone is going to be willing to run cheat software to test it for you though.

As I understood he just got banned from PTR. But now I am not completely sure. I will ask him about that.

edit: okay, seems like his whole account got banned. if this is real, this are fcking great news.
That's GG news. Thanks lib for sharing !
02/18/2018 09:43 AMPosted by lib
Update: Seems like it is confirmed. Very good news for all legit players.

I wouldn't directly link third party hacking tools on these forums.
That's wonderful news!

Hopefully main game gets updated to PTR version before the season starts.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!
Ha ha ha! Looks like Christmas gonna come early this year :)

Lovely, cuz this will also mean botting is dead with next patch, if they recognized the issue they got with Thud properly. Encrypting the base address, brilliant!
A friend of mine just told me that one of his mates locked into PTR with THUD and just got banned within five minutes.

This would mean that there is some work with autobanning in progress, for anything that tries to read the memory. No human factor involved, just a simple process of recognizing apps that try to read the memory.
Too bad I can only like ur post once.
Well, this is huge news if they hold to it at live.
Lots of Diablo2 accounts banned late 2017. Latest PTR news wishful thinking foreshadows upcoming D3 crackdown.

Blizzard Forums (Classic Games) -- General Discussion -- [D2] Account Closures
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20759202929?page=10
I almost feel bad, because some of my good friends in the game got sucked into using 3rd party progs. But at the same time, it's like, I didn't download it. so yay for me! :)
02/18/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Neverdragon
I almost feel bad, because some of my good friends in the game got sucked into using 3rd party progs.
Tell them before the new patch hits live then. They may get temporary bans if what OP says is true.
This is the kind of news that are best left unnoticed
02/18/2018 11:24 AMPosted by KiWeN
This is the kind of news that are best left unnoticed

This.
Not that I would not like to see a post from Blizzard saying something like:
"We have banned x amount of accounts for ..."
If they can automate majority of the process, they can sanction without banning easily.

i.e. We have found a piece of illegal software running with our blizzard game. You have been given a 30 day warning and your account has been suspended. Please take the time to review our TOS and remove the software as you will be banned permanently on the next infraction.

or

You have been permanently removed from leaderboards and will no longer be allowed to place on the leaderboards with _ANY_ account tied to this computer.

This way, if they are so worried about the customer service volume for actually banning players, this might be a happy medium.