Blizzard vs 3rd Party Software

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 11 Next
Wow! you're right.
https://imgur.com/a/oq9vz

I started using Turbo HUD five or six releases ago, and I think it's brilliant. I also join the most likely millions of other players that think Blizzard should just hire you.

And that's the bottom line, cuz StoneOld said so.

THE MILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
https://youtu.be/PFAkmkfcTfU
Well boters are getting ready for patch also...
- - - - -

All I can say right now is... The Devs are working on it as we speak. It's a complicated situation compared to patches of the past. They are purposely not saying much at this time for various reasons, but the impression I have gotten in speaking with them is they are very "Hopeful" about it.
Other than that, all we can do is sit back, trust our devs and hope for the best. :)

As always, unless the information comes from Tyrael, Tempo or ComMan.... please treat it as heresay and fiction. NOONE aside from them has any real facts concerning how RoS-*** will work after this coming patch.

Thanks....
<span class="truncated">...</span>Why you think it will be the same when it goes live? There is no problem they change it on weekly basis.

Hell they could use a rotating, randomized encryption if they wanted that changes daily or even hourly.... Good luck getting access to that.

The decryption happens in the client, so once it's cracked once, it's cracked. There is only so much you can do with encryption when the attacker has total access to the decryption point. You can obfuscate it and buy time, but nothing prevents a determined attacker.

And as S4v4G3 said, it's not even actual encryption, just obfuscation of the data layout.

I hope this stops bots and THUD, I really do, but anyone saying encryption will prevent it just doesn't know exactly how encryption works.
Nice fake
02/19/2018 07:37 PMPosted by StoneOld
John got thrown out of his place, and he about broke his ankle the other day. His main workstation is sitting in a box in pieces, and he only has his laptop to use. If THUD does not work when S13 hits, it will likely be 4-6 weeks before his team gets it working again...if ever.

THUD users will have to re-familiarize themselves with playing without THUD if that's the case.

oh.. whatever will you do to cope? after 6 seasons of playing with it. but don't worry stone. I am sure you can adjust to playing, at least one season, with out it. bad shoulder and all.

what a sad bag of hypocrisy you have become.
02/19/2018 04:23 PMPosted by S4v4G3
They don't do it for cash cows they have, what makes you think that they will be doing it for Diablo?
Number of reasons obviously:
- You have an endless army of space monkeys to test things on here
- D3 is not a cash cow, which makes it the perfect choice for testing/experimenting
- D3 is like an endless BETA/PTR since launch and its users are used to all kind of errors
- General population approves cheats like THUD and bot software removal will bring many players back to D3

02/19/2018 06:14 PMPosted by S4v4G3
hacks, exploits, 3rd party software is not going anywhere.
02/20/2018 12:06 AMPosted by RosBot
This topic is fake. Info 100%. I know the answer.
We can always bet, you know? Let's see how far the p0theads you quote will lead you?
02/20/2018 12:21 AMPosted by Doven
Aside from characterizing me in a negative light, offering no input to the topic of the thread, and apparently posting only to troll and insult, I'll bite.

Demonstrate to me through linked posts any example of hypocrisy.

Linked, mind you, to the words I wrote.
02/20/2018 12:33 AMPosted by StoneOld

How about when you complain about

offering no input to the topic of the thread

while not offering any input to the topic of the thread yourself?

PS. yes, I know I'm not exactly offering any input myself either, but there always seems to be some discussion about the people instead of the topic.
Aside from characterizing me in a negative light, offering no input to the topic of the thread, and apparently posting only to troll and insult, I'll bite.

Well there's only one question to ask really:

https://i.imgur.com/JKga3xu.gif
^^ LOL...My first guess was, "Do you feel lucky, punk?" Dirty Harry

Makes no sense of course, and I only like chocolate creme and apple pies.
02/20/2018 12:44 AMPosted by apl

How about when you complain about

offering no input to the topic of the thread

while not offering any input to the topic of the thread yourself?

PS. yes, I know I'm not exactly offering any input myself either, but there always seems to be some discussion about the people instead of the topic.
Well, you need to bone up on your English or your research skills. For your edification, I present the following:

Hypocrisy:
  • The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
  • An act or instance of such falseness.
  • [Middle English ipocrisie, from Old French, from Late Latin hypocrisis, play-acting, pretense, from Greek hupokrisis, from hupokrinesthai, to play a part, pretend : hupo-, hypo- + krinesthai, to explain (from krinein, to decide, judge).]

If I were to say to you, "Those damn crotch rocket motorcycles are a nuisance and danger to society, they should be banned, and anyone riding one should have their heads examined," while I have a Suzuki GSX R-1000 in the garage, one could correctly say that that's hypocrisy.

Your example is an embarrassingly interesting example of not quite irony, not quite projection, and not quite hypocrisy, but certainly not outright hypocrisy. I can't at the moment conjure a word that describes accusing someone of an act by committing that same act.

However, we could say that the respondent, in accusing me of hypocrisy, sufficiently derailed the thread to the point where any reply to it would be considered on-topic. Therefore the above becomes moot, and if not that, certainly academic.

not bringing anything new, to that character by the way. you do a fine job of emanating your own negative light. I have read many of your replies over the years.. (from your different account aliases) your "offering no input to the topic", your "trolling and insults" to others you think are beneath your opinion. that in and of itself, can be considered hypocrisy, you do that all the time to others. a simple review of your post history and sheer amounts of down votes can verify that. you seem always angry and miserable, and quite aggressive in general.

there is no "bite". I am not challenging you at all. it is my observation, that you are a hypocrite. you have over 3k posts with stoneold. 7k posts with stonepro. (don't feel like looking at the others) have been advocating your dedication to D3 and playing 95% "solo" (solo with THUD) running 4 accounts and supporting everything D3, since 2012, (exclusively I might add). framing what I see as one who considers themselves a peer in the D3 community. a diablo 3 player, same as anyone else in the community you play an active part with and in. only that you are one who cheats in the process of that same equality. you are above said community that doesn't use 3rd party software, and above anyone else's opinion of how people who bot or use thud is unfair or wrong. as in.. they should "mind their own business" in manners of gameplay that does not effect them. how convenient for you.

tldr: you present yourself and act as a community minded and driven supporter of D3, a peer. one that breaks the ToS and bends the rules that you yourself and the community has agreed to support and adhere to.

I know you want me to dig. you want me to link posts specific to thud, or maybe a direct wording the contradicts itself. i wont do that stone. i don't need to. all anyone has to do, is spend a little time reviewing your post history, to see that for someone who spends a lot of time participating in this community, you surely feel its alright to break the rules this community is built on. most active forum folks already know that anyway.

hope that shoulder gets better. watch that step. and thank you for supporting D3 all these years, even if the last 6 seasons were done so, breaking the ToS. lol.

done here.
Yeah the rules...
something that we are all forced to accept after we've already bought the game otherwise we cannot play the game.
They should make sure you read, understand and accept the rules before taking your money.
I would have never clicked accept but that was the only way to play after they took my money without giving information about it. they don't give money back just because you don't like their rules and you don't want to click accept.
Another thing: there are millions players out there and we didn't vote about anything as single members of community. in this forum there are (maybe more maybe less) about 200 ppl that want rules to be imposed cuz we all click accept on use conditions... but what do the other millions players think?
i can be aware that 150 players gave some thumbs up, but where are all the other players? i see a lot of discrimination and bullying in this place and also a lot of rights denied

So you have spammed the "reported for spamming" in many anti-bot threads irrespective of who posts while you have been cheating yourself . Shame...
Ahh, guys, I dont wanna bring you some conspiracy theory, but, you can think on your own ;-)

First thing - Google maps are 100% free - no one ever need to pay for it, nor will EVER need to pay for it!

Second, more important:

One bot program is free for use 1 month after patch, so, for first month after patch you need to pay for it.
First its look like no patch for season 13 - and this mean no profit for bot makers. Suddenly we got some new things at PTR - new patch at horisont - and, after first day - "dear bot developer" promise new version of bot, soon, after some money transfer to them, again ;-)

Just some things to think about it ;-)
Now in new season 13 we wont seeing people with para 2500+ and GR130+.... that is sooooooo good news :D
how does that make sense to get a ban on live account when running 3rd party tool on ptr ? i really doubt it. especially when the source is "a friend from a friend"....
02/20/2018 05:00 AMPosted by Ivan
Now in new season 13 we wont seeing people with para 2500+ and GR130+.... that is sooooooo good news :D

Dude you are soooo naive.... 2500 para is nothing, you dont need bots to get that amount. I had 2400 para last season and i didn't play rathruns at all.
02/20/2018 04:47 AMPosted by MickHell
They should make sure you read, understand and accept the rules before taking your money.

You can if you want: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula.html

they don't give money back just because you don't like their rules and you don't want to click accept.

Yes they do if you contact them within the specified time.

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO INSTALL, COPY, OR USE THE BLIZZARD PLATFORM. IF YOU REJECT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS AFTER YOUR PURCHASE OF A GAME FROM BLIZZARD, YOU MAY CONTACT BLIZZARD AT 1-800-592-5499 TO INQUIRE ABOUT A FULL REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THAT GAME. IF YOU PURCHASED A GAME AT RETAIL, YOUR RIGHT TO RETURN THE GAME IS SUBJECT TO THE RETAILER’S RETURN POLICY.

Another thing: there are millions players out there and we didn't vote about anything as single members of community.

Games are not a democracy. We don't get to vote. We sign a contract saying we agree to follow the rules and accept the consequences of breaking them which can include a ban for cheating and using third party programs.