Introducing the Solo Self-Found League!

General Discussion
1 2 3 18 Next
Highly Rated
Greetings, everyone!

Today, I'm announcing an effort to start an unofficial Solo Self-Found (SSF) League for Diablo 3 beginning with Season 13. I have seen several posts over the years with players wishing for solo play to have more prominence or support from Blizzard. There has never really been a great way to measure 100% solo results separately from those who consistently group, so this is my effort to do just that.

I created this video to explain the League -
and the establishing document for the League can be found here.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or thoughts! I hope you'll join in and spread the word if SSF is something you're interested in!

- UPDATE -

Per Replay’s request, I’d like to specifically call your attention to a few ways you can connect with others in the community that plan to participate in the SSF League.

(As a note, the founding document I linked above is the main source for updated information on the League. You can always find the latest information on community initiatives, rule changes, and other things there.)

1. We have an in-game community in each Region that can be found by searching for SSF League. These have no limit on the amount of members and are free to join. I highly encourage you to do so.

2. Some participants have created clans to assemble other SSF League players together. If you don’t have a clan or don’t mind leaving the one you’re currently in, you can look for these.

Americas
SSFFTW
| Solo Self Found |
MACssf

Europe
SSF EUROPE

Edit: Vetted the links and made them click-able. Good luck in SSF! - Nevalistis
I hope it works for you.
Really nice initiative!

So from what I’ve read, I just create a new Seasonal character, name it “SSF something” and play stricktly solo... Whenever I want my progress to be measured I take a screen shot like the one you linked and submit?
Nice! I know you have talked about doing this for a while. Very interested to see how it turns out. I don't do the competition thing, but do play SSF.
02/16/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Unwind
Really nice initiative!

So from what I’ve read, I just create a new Seasonal character, name it “SSF something” and play stricktly solo... Whenever I want my progress to be measured I take a screen shot like the one you linked and submit?

That's basically it. There's a submission form that walks you through the process and once you submit that, we do the rest!
This is a really neat idea!!
Too bad I hop in a game here and there with my S/O.
02/16/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Leviathan
02/16/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Unwind
Really nice initiative!

That's basically it. There's a submission form that walks you through the process and once you submit that, we do the rest!

Nice! I will definitely give it a try! Not gonna have much time to play this upcoming season, but if I focus on one character I should be able to go far!
I think that is an awesome idea!

I really wish that there would be additional official options besides "seasonal/non-seasonal" and "softcore/hardcore" like "self found/trade" and "solo/multiplayer" so you could also make a "mulitplayer-self-found" and "solo-self-found" chars.

So solo-players could not play with people that have chosen the "multiplayer"-option and people who have chosen "multiplayer-self-found" could play with other players, but they could not trade.
Shhh! I don't think you are supposed to tell anyone!
02/16/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Smoke
I think that is an awesome idea!

I really wish that there would be additional options besides "seasonal/non-seasonal" and "softcore/hardcore" like "self found/trade" and "solo/multiplayer" so you could also make a "mulitplayer-self-found" and "solo-self-found" chars.

So solo-players could not play with people that have chosen the "multiplayer"-option.

hmmmm..... How to put this politely..... self means yourself you or myself me.... of which would indicate 1 person not many people....

Where is the contradiction? You should read my post again more carefully.
I really wish that there would be additional options besides "seasonal/non-seasonal" and "softcore/hardcore" like "self found/trade" and "solo/multiplayer" so you could also make a "mulitplayer-self-found" and "solo-self-found" chars.

Right? Like what about Multiplayer-But-I-don't-pick-up-items-Mode? What about Solo-I-Only-Wear-Items-That-Start-With-The-Letter-P-Mode? What about ERP-Mode? What about There-Are-So-Many-Modes-There-Are-No-Other-Players-To-Play-With-Mode?

Where are the options Blizzard?

Edit: Just checked. You can play however you want.

Jokes aside, it is a bad design to include an infinite number of trivially different modes of play.
A few of us on console would love to also participate...after checking the highest clears on PC, PS4 & XB1 they are all very similar thus even though there are minor gameplay differences the fact is there is near parity on all three platforms.

Most of us who play Seasons on console are fed up of the exploit that exists that can result in getting 13 Primals for all slots.

I plan to run S13 solo only on PS4 and will stream every session on YouTube to show that you can compete on console without cheating but would have been fun to have ran that in a league.

Perhaps as you say in your document one for the future.

Season 12 video showing PS4 & XB1 Leaderboards along with comparison to PC is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJyQm6q0XYo
Yeah good luck going insane from solo bounties. Oh wait, but you don't have to do that manually anymore last time I checked.
02/16/2018 08:53 AMPosted by SevenShadow
Yeah good luck going insane from solo bounties. Oh wait, but you don't have to do that manually anymore last time I checked.

In this format, If you play for the long run you don’t need more then 15 mats a week.. 2 weeks from the season finale you will have aprox. 140 mats.. (from challenge rifts) thats enough for 2 or 3 final upgrades you’re to go for the final push.. you will be better off farming keys and upging gems for calzones...
Like this idea Leviathon,

Really cool idea as D3 is so set up for SSF anyway.
02/16/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Unwind
02/16/2018 08:53 AMPosted by SevenShadow

In this format, If you play for the long run you don’t need more then 15 mats a week.. 2 weeks from the season finale you will have aprox. 140 mats.. (from challenge rifts) thats enough for 2 or 3 final upgrades you’re to go for the final push.. you will be better off farming keys and upging gems for calzones...

Well some people like to reforge, some don't. Whatever your play style is, I guess. The hard part is that materials are shared between characters so if you're committed to this league thingy, you won't even have enough for your other "non-league" characters with whom you may use to play with your friends or clan mates since whatever you gain would be considered a violation...I guess.
This is actually really cool. Thanks for this effort. I hope Blizzard is taking notes.