Introducing the Solo Self-Found League!

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 18 Next
02/23/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Smoke
you can track my sff toon via my profile here. i'm not vain enough to stream my game. if not no biggie...

You don't have to stream it, that would be silly. Not vain, just unrealistic.
Interesting, this is breathing some life back into D3 for me, might give it a whirl on HC. Still play a little normal with my wife now and then, will help keep it legit
Someone on another thread suggested just having an achievement that triggers as soon as you group with anyone, so all you'd have to do is set your game to private and solo play, and as long as you dont have the achievement connected to that character your all set... as long as you can see that its not connected, as most achievements are account based aren't they?
Achievement is already in the game, it's just not a Seasonal one.
02/23/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Spoonofdoom
as long as you can see that its not connected, as most achievements are account based aren't they?

Yes, Achievements are Account based, not character based.
It seems OP that you are getting a lot of support on this idea and constructive comment. I no longer play D3 but respect the effort you are trying to make to add content to the game. The botting and cheating hasn't changed much from when I played in Season 1 to 4 and adding a way to select a SF or SSF mode of play on character creation would give the honest and legit players their own community.

This has really all been discussed before and I think you are the right guy to push this forward. I saw your YouTube video and great work on your Discord server. I put a link to your video on my Raidcall and SF League clan.

Back in 2013 myself and others created a post that may give you some thoughts on how SF (and SSF) could be implemented by Blizzard (if you have better luck in convincing them). Only the main post is needed to be read: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/9309641216#post-1

I hope this helps in even a small way, and I wish you good luck and success!
06/16/2013 08:50 AMPosted by SirRight
no auction house
You saw the future man (in terms of AH destroying the game and the need for a SSF mode) and you were down-voted for it back then. 5 years later the community catch-up.

#feelsGOODmoment
02/24/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Skelos
06/16/2013 08:50 AMPosted by SirRight
no auction house
You saw the future man (in terms of AH destroying the game and the need for a SSF mode) and you were down-voted for it back then. 5 years later the community catch-up.

#feelsGOODmoment

Thanks! There was a group of us who really understood what playing Diablo and D2 was really supposed to be about and we just wanted an option. I understand that trolls were making money from the Auction house and vehemently opposed the SFCore idea, as it might cut into their profits (not really because SF people usually don't use an auction house). I am hoping that OP can make this work...who knows, I might even come back and play again.
So, I take it you play PoE? "league" "solo self-found
If you guys want to see rankings in an easy to find way Levi's discord has them. The link is in his document and there is a rankings channel with commands to give you the top few.
Its a shame SSF wasnt implemented as a core Leaderboard feature you wouldnt of lost so many players over the years - I played back in the quin69/alkaizer/gabynator days of D3s most popular time

I used to play D3 religiously but havent played in 2.5 years. Played from release until end of Season 4 where I gave up due to botters and people with unlimited Paragon knocking me out of the top 5 as I simply couldnt keep up due to playing solo/working fulltime

I was heavily vocal about removing Trials to get GR keys - we used to post almost daily about it

My best results were #10 Monk S1, #15 Crusader S1, #21 WD S2 and some others I cant remember but the league that made me quit was the Blessed Hammer Crusader league where I was Rank 2 for a good 2-3 weeks at approx 1000 Paragon and then people appeared with 2.5k Paragon and just won from rampant botting - I ended the league at #16 or something

Anyway doesnt matter now as I was also playing Path of Exile since 2013 and only play that now just thought I would leave some feedback from an old player who seen it all basically and played every build in the game even that Perma Smokescreen DH with Ball Lightning Sentry ..good times.

One thing I asked for in Season 3 was capped Paragon in a season as it encouraged no lifing/botting
02/24/2018 02:10 PMPosted by SirRight
It seems OP that you are getting a lot of support on this idea and constructive comment. I no longer play D3 but respect the effort you are trying to make to add content to the game. The botting and cheating hasn't changed much from when I played in Season 1 to 4 and adding a way to select a SF or SSF mode of play on character creation would give the honest and legit players their own community.

This has really all been discussed before and I think you are the right guy to push this forward. I saw your YouTube video and great work on your Discord server. I put a link to your video on my Raidcall and SF League clan.

Back in 2013 myself and others created a post that may give you some thoughts on how SF (and SSF) could be implemented by Blizzard (if you have better luck in convincing them). Only the main post is needed to be read: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/9309641216#post-1

I hope this helps in even a small way, and I wish you good luck and success!

We probably played around the same time, complaining as we could see this game self destruct but they didnt listen then and the game receives no proper work anymore

a few Path of Exile players decided they had had enough of the trade league as it made the game 'too easy' ie buy all the gear you need from farming easy zones. One player in particular called ProjectPT played SSF but he streamed it - 8 hrs a day and same as you guys are doing here.

GGG recognised many players wanted this so they created 4 SSF leagues - Standard and HC SSF and League SC/HC - you cannot party up and you have your own exclusive ladder and you could leave the SSF league anytime per your whole 'stash' or just 1 character.

I played it for a full month and is a really different way of playing, almost like a survival mode as you had to make careful decisions how you spend your currency/what maps you did, the build you played etc. Its like a whole different game
02/24/2018 03:14 PMPosted by SirRight
I understand that trolls were making money from the Auction house and vehemently opposed the SFCore idea
I was making money too, but I was against the AH and the botters, while speaking in the forums that BoA is crucial - check my first post on these US forums: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/10014051602?page=4#post-80 (I am EU player on a side note), also check my comment on page 25 of the Josh Mosqueira introduction post: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9773963/messages-from-hell-the-future-of-diablo-iii-6-5-2013
I wish you all the best Josh Mosqueira and I'll give you one advice. If you want to give the players "more reasons to keep coming back to Sanctuary" then Josh there is one crucial thing with which you should start:

Remove the RMAH in order to rid Sanctuary from the botters. Only this way the game can have good economy so that the current system without seasons could work.

I remember telling Bashiok on the old Diablo 2 forums in 2009 or 2010 that the botters will destroy Diablo 3 if they don't take serious measures against them. Well, nobody listened then, I hope you do now Josh.
And he did! Kudos to Josh for that!

02/24/2018 11:17 PMPosted by Shrukn
I was heavily vocal about removing Trials to get GR keys - we used to post almost daily about it
I have more than 100 post about the most stupid thing besides the bounties ever created in an aRPG game - the Trials.

Played from release until end of Season 4 where I gave up due to botters and people with unlimited Paragon
Same story - I played solo S1 and S5 (the one after the removed Trials) and I ended-up in the top 100 in both with the highest ranking for a solo player in S5 (it's so funny when you check the guys in the LB next to me - 7k more main stat and 15+ level gems rofl).

One thing I asked for in Season 3 was capped Paragon in a season as it encouraged no lifing/botting
I am asking on the forums for a capped paragon mode/LB since S1. I gained many "enemies", because of that through the years, but nevertheless most non-troll posters want the same - check this thread to see how many support a fair LB idea: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/18300419172

I played it for a full month and is a really different way of playing, almost like a survival mode as you had to make careful decisions how you spend your currency/what maps you did, the build you played etc. Its like a whole different game
That is the future - more modes or advanced LBs with filters for:
- SSF
- Set used
- Low/High Paragon
- Number of deaths in the Season (Iron man mode - let's see how far you go with 1 life)
- No bounties/ancients and limited Rift keys (Poverty mode)
Everyone that's participating in Solo Self-Found, tweet using the hashtag: #SSFLeague

It's not taken with anything else.
But I already play solo 90% of the time. 10% is bounties or helping others. What would I have to gain by this? Not knocking it, just doesn't seem like it's for me. Like, not worth the hoops to jump through for me personally.
02/26/2018 11:59 AMPosted by SuperCuddles
But I already play solo 90% of the time. 10% is bounties or helping others. What would I have to gain by this? Not knocking it, just doesn't seem like it's for me. Like, not worth the hoops to jump through for me personally.

If you're already going 90% then you might as well go 100% and try something new.

After a few weeks at it, you might come to find out that you really enjoy it.
At the end of a season you can look back and be proud at what you've accomplished, especially if you give it a run on Hardcore. All of your items, gems, everything you've killed and explored as well as EXP/paragons gained is all because of *you* and not due to any other players assisting you or giving you hand-outs.

I've done a few rounds of bounties completely solo and even on the very first day of the new season, it only takes 30 - 45 minutes or so. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. And with weekly challenge rift rewards you hardly have to do bounties if you despise them that much.

I think as more people try SSFL they'll find out pausing the game when you want and playing exactly what you want instead of what a group says you should play definitely has it merits and is a really fun way to play this game.

At the end of a season I can look back at my seasonal journey and character with pride knowing the final outcome was because of my abilities and hard work alone.
Just curious, what's the max count of replies before the thread no longer accepts replies?

Also, have had a lot of fun watching people lose their minds over such a simple (and fun) idea