Introducing the Solo Self-Found League!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 18 Next
So you want to play solo, but with others? And everyone is going nuts over this ''idea''?
I'm already doing this for ages really. I just always play Solo. I don't know anyone IRL playing Diablo 3 and I have always hated multiplayer games because I like to move on my own pacing.

I have done multiplayer bounty games ofcourse but that's about it.

Anyway...I'm in.
02/16/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Leviathan
There has never really been a great way to measure 100% solo results separately from those who consistently group, so this is my effort to do just that.

If you want to do SF then do it right.
No vendors (except for selling items),No Blacksmith crafting,No juweler,No Kadala,No cube (except for extracting items if you want to include cube powers),No use of the free set.
Use only the items dropped in the world.
That would be SF.Everything else isn´t.
02/17/2018 01:55 AMPosted by DEATHWISH
There has never really been a great way to measure 100% solo results separately from those who consistently group, so this is my effort to do just that.

If you want to do SF then do it right.
No vendors (except for selling items),No Blacksmith crafting,No juweler,No Kadala,No cube (except for extracting items if you want to include cube powers),No use of the free set.
Use only the items dropped in the world.
That would be SF.Everything else isn´t.

Leviathan is doing the best he can. He's not a D3 programmer and doesn't have the proper access to change D3 code. He's not a developer or Blizzard staff.

Until blizzard officially supports SSF this is the best that we're gonna get.
Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or thoughts!
First, good initiative, let's show Blizzard how many players enjoy SSF, stream with a SSF tag guys!

Second, video proof of all gameplay sessions has to be provided, not only of the GR clear. Without this your league looks noobish, no serious players gonna engage in it and it will attract many rule breakers and botters.

In case you still want to keep the players who can't record their gameplay, be sure to mark this in the sorting tables - who submitted video proof and who has not.

Third, since you track all those things in the submission form, you should start tracking this one too:

Total time played:
Break it into pieces - 50/100/500/500+ hours for example and see how well each participant manages to do for the given time, just as here - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759300315

Of course you have to verify the submissions fast (1-2 hours maximum delay) in order this to be effective when the player has not submitted video proof. Find some volunteers who want to join and do the check.

What you gain from tracking the total time played is a lot more players - such interested in the shorter formats. People who can put 4-5 hours per week, but want to compete won't be left out if you add this kind of tracking.

Fourth, have fun SSF players!
I like the idea
A little too lazy to go through the submission process though
If only our progress was automatically tracked and updated, cough bliz pls
Is there a guide as to the best and efficient way to play solo in a season?

What are some tips?

• Play Campaign up to Skeleton King to get Leorics Crown?
  • Steal your followers weapon at the start?
  • Do weekly Challenge Rift
  • Must be a guide somewhere?
    02/17/2018 02:33 AMPosted by Skelos
    Second, video proof of all gameplay sessions has to be provided, not only of the GR clear. Without this your league looks noobish, no serious players gonna engage in it and it will attract many rule breakers and botters.

This is unrealistic unless one plays very very casual. I have a ok rig and I can record all my clips but im not a streamer and it would mean to place all videos on you tube and imagine placing around 4 hours a day on you tube. Waste of time.

What I hope is that blizzard makes an official solo league if they see Leviatans league going well.
    02/17/2018 03:53 AMPosted by Ouroboros
    imagine placing around 4 hours a day on you tube. Waste of time.
    Well, you just need a semi-good upload speed for that, I don't see where is the problem.
    02/16/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Prology
    Im down to roll an alt and give this a try. Lev put in some work on this. Thanks mate!

What are you gonna do keep track of the mats,gems and gold you get on your alt?
    02/16/2018 04:20 PMPosted by AlwaysAFK
    So, it's basically a competition of who has the biggest no life and the irresponsibility to actually sit day after day and grind out paragon,rifts,greater rifts, and bounties solo without botting.

All so you can be king of the losers and be crowned for having way too much time on your hands.

Yeah, no thanks. My life isn't that sad yet to need validity through a video game.

I feel sorry for the OP for even suggesting an idea like this.

Ahah it's exactly it! The whole 10 players participating in this thing are either bot complainers who never even scratched the LB or biggest leeches who are no longer allowed in public games LOL xD good luck, kids!
    Would I still allowed a second character my season to play with friends?
    02/17/2018 02:28 AMPosted by Replay
    He's not a D3 programmer and doesn't have the proper access to change D3 code. He's not a developer or Blizzard staff.

I know

But this ends up in a buying,crafting and gambling gear galore.
    And this is far from SF.

btw,what do you think I´m doing the last 2 weeks in Vanilla?
    This is more SF you even can get in this game.
    02/17/2018 04:47 AMPosted by storytime42
    Would I still allowed a second character my season to play with friends?

If you switch modes, sure. The stash and gold are shared for all within a mode so you need to just keep that separate.

Play SC for the League and HC with friends maybe. Another alternative is to make your League Char on a different Region so the stash/gold stays separate. Lag may be a factor there though.
    02/17/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Skelos
    02/17/2018 03:53 AMPosted by Ouroboros
    imagine placing around 4 hours a day on you tube. Waste of time.
    Well, you just need a semi-good upload speed for that, I don't see where is the problem.

The problem is who the flip is going to watch and verify it.

Think about it. Say you’ve got 20 people doing this. Playing 5 hours a day. Where are you getting the 100 hours to watch the videos?
    Good plan leviathan though it highly relies on peoples honesty. Never the less every incentive to add something useful to D3 is highly appreciated. Thumbs up from me.

Watch here @d3 devs - here comes creativity and will to accomplish a feature thats actually of use.

I wish d3 devs would chime in here to help lev setting this up to be an official game feature with auto-disabled grouping and trading so that theres no need to review hundreds of videos.
    Having video proof lining up 100% of streamed hours with seasonal uptime, so people can see you aren't cheating, is a lovely theory but massively impractical. Here are some of my thoughts as to why it's better not to require it, agree or disagree as you please.

As a person with a Twitch account but no consistent viewerbase, I could literally stream an hour of rule-breaking somewhere in the season and while the proof would then exist, if no one watches it then it served no point. Anyone who starts their streaming just for SSF would likely have the same experience.

I know more and more people getting data caps on their internet. D3 uses almost nothing, but streaming would likely be a completely different story. If they playing D3 solo I would hate to exclude them just because they can't stream.

I personally like to play D3 whenever I have a free moment in the early season, which can include 20-30 minutes before work or 10 minutes over lunch break, streaming that just seems ridiculous.

I also love "watching" (more listening really) other people's streams or TV shows while I play D3. It ensures I don't fall behind on other content I'm interested in, and D3 in general thankfully has gameplay that allows me to do both even in HC mode! Streaming on the other hand always stresses me out a bit extra, and I feel like streaming my gameplay while watching other things and having 0 chat interaction would be a bad idea (possibly against Twitch guidelines even.) Even if I did, it comes back to "who would go back and watch it?" because no one would see everything live.

The quickest easiest way to humanly check such a thing would be to look at Twitch VOD lengths and compare that to total seasonal hours, but then if someone streams something else for even a bit their hours don't line up. Also, if they log into their character before they go live, their hours don't line up. If they go live before they log into their character, their hours don't line up. If Twitch decides to have a crappy day and their D3 plays fine but the stream dies for an hour, their hours don't line up.

Finally, I already saw one person who said they won't be participating because they can't be bothered to fill out the submission form...the most complicated part of which is sharing a link to a screenshot of your profile with the clear time. Tons of honest people have never streamed before and a requirement to do so would be a deal-breaker for them.
    02/17/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Orrion
    Say you’ve got 20 people doing this. Playing 5 hours a day. Where are you getting the 100 hours to watch the videos?
    You don't need to watch the videos to verify them, you can just browse through these fast, there are programs for that - 100 hour video could be verified for a few minutes.

Also, there could be a tick for the sharing of the video - private or public. For example, people who stream or don't care whether someone watches their gameplay will mark this as public making it possible everyone who wants to watch it. So, in the worst case for the reviewers (high interest in the league) you end up with 500k total hours of private videos to watch. You verify those out of top 10 by fast browsing and you spend a little more time per video to verify those in top 10. There is absolutely no problem this to be done by a team of admins who verify the submissions and the videos on daily basis.

To repeat myself again - if there is no video submission a lot of players will abuse the rules and better not start such thing at all.

02/17/2018 06:34 AMPosted by TubaHero37
    Tons of honest people have never streamed before and a requirement to do so would be a deal-breaker for them.
    If you can't record video or stream - you simply receive the mark for it:
    02/17/2018 02:33 AMPosted by Skelos
    In case you still want to keep the players who can't record their gameplay, be sure to mark this in the sorting tables - who submitted video proof and who has not.
    But don't throw all players - those with proof and those without in the same basket - it's going to break fast.
    A far better thing as I see it is to limit the gems and paragons to the recorded and streamed GR lvl. Wanna play gr 90 ( you are allowed to only use up to 900 paragon and gems 90 ) or something like this.

SSF or not if paragon isn't caped its still about who plays more because of how powerfull paragon is and then we are back to the same DULL AND BORING thing diablo 3 is all about, XP farming XP farmin... and push in the last weak of season.
    02/17/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Ouroboros
    A far better thing as I see it is to limit the gems and paragons to the recorded and streamed GR lvl. Wanna play gr 90 ( you are allowed to only use up to 900 paragon and gems 90 ) or something like this.

SSF or not if paragon isn't caped its still about who plays more because of how powerfull paragon is and then we are back to the same DULL AND BORING thing diablo 3 is all about, XP farming XP farmin... and push in the last weak of season.

I personally would not play the game with a cap. My least favorite things to do in game are end of season pushing and bounties. Once you hit the paragon cap, those are the only efficient things to do with your time. I appreciate the small gains I get from paragon, and if someone plays (not bots) twice as much as me to be 10-20% stronger all power to them.