Introducing the Solo Self-Found League!

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 18 Next
02/17/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Ouroboros
A far better thing as I see it is to limit the gems and paragons to the recorded and streamed GR lvl. Wanna play gr 90 ( you are allowed to only use up to 900 paragon and gems 90 ) or something like this.

SSF or not if paragon isn't caped its still about who plays more because of how powerfull paragon is and then we are back to the same DULL AND BORING thing diablo 3 is all about, XP farming XP farmin... and push in the last weak of season.

Did I miss where they gave you an option to turn off experience gain? Otherwise, how are you going to cap yourself when doing GR90 will rather quickly speed you past 900 Paragon?
02/17/2018 07:35 AMPosted by TubaHero37
and if someone plays (not bots) twice as much as me to be 10-20% stronger all power to them.

Agreed, but how else you want to avoid bots from mixing up the competition ? The only ways to stop them is to cap or remove the features that power them up as there is currently no way of hindering them to participate at all.
02/17/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Orrion
02/17/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Ouroboros
A far better thing as I see it is to limit the gems and paragons to the recorded and streamed GR lvl. Wanna play gr 90 ( you are allowed to only use up to 900 paragon and gems 90 ) or something like this.

SSF or not if paragon isn't caped its still about who plays more because of how powerfull paragon is and then we are back to the same DULL AND BORING thing diablo 3 is all about, XP farming XP farmin... and push in the last weak of season.
how are you going to cap yourself when doing GR90 will rather quickly speed you past 900 Paragon?
This is kind of a problem, yes. You have to show you distributed 900 points during the GR clear video and this could be abused with video editing.
02/17/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Skelos
This is kind of a problem, yes.

It really isn't.

The whole thing is already just for fun.

The whole thing is already based on friendly competition.

Everything to do with "cheating" has already been covered by the honor policy.
I played almost all solo in season 12 (about 350 hours total), cleared 111 on Barb and 112 on Crusader with absolutely no group GR records. I only play public games for bounties.

Despite being a very dedicated solo player, doing bounty runs alone for the entire season is way too tedious.

Although I like the idea, I can only wish everyone willing to participate good luck.
02/17/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Mercury
This league purpose is to prove there are many honorable D3 players or to have serious competition? Because if it is just for the fun, why have all the submission stuff - simply require a SSF character tag and have fun.
02/17/2018 08:54 AMPosted by HunterKiller
Despite being a very dedicated solo player, doing bounty runs alone for the entire season is way too tedious.
I was gonna say - why do bounty runs at all? Simply every profile is required to have 0 bounties completed during the Season...
02/17/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Skelos
02/17/2018 08:54 AMPosted by HunterKiller
I was gonna say - why do bounty runs at all? Simply every profile is required to have 0 bounties completed during the Season...

Getting certain ancient item with good rolls without reforging can be very frustrating, such as Crusader shields, and it would force people to wait for CR reset for bounty mats if they want to extract a lot of legendary powers.
02/17/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Socs
So you want to play solo, but with others? And everyone is going nuts over this ''idea''?

Good point, I’m resigning my self appointed CEO position from the league. OP can have the title.

Better idea is with no set items anyway.
02/17/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Mercury
02/17/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Skelos
This is kind of a problem, yes.

It really isn't.

The whole thing is already just for fun.

The whole thing is already based on friendly competition.

Oh, yes, of course. I'm sure if D3 on the whole had an "honor policy" then nobody would cheat either.

After all, the whole game is just for fun, and the leaderboards are based on friendly competition.
02/17/2018 09:08 AMPosted by HunterKiller
Getting certain ancient item with good rolls without reforging can be very frustrating, such as Crusader shields, and it would force people to wait for CR reset for bounty mats if they want to extract a lot of legendary powers.
Why use ancient items at all then?

We can have a league with following requirements:
- Zero bounties completed
- Zero ancient items used
Theres a much better ARPG that makes new content even other month and have all these SSF options and much more, check it out !
I think this is a great idea and initiative and wish you all the best. Anything that can add some diversity to a game, not hurt anyone else but give fun to players who choose to do this, is good for Diablo 3.

Just ignore the haters and trolls because they hate anything that doesn't fit their own narrative, and they will do anything to silence change for the greater good.
I also posted something like this, back in July 2016, requesting a Solo-Mode, but my idea allowed players to play together. The only requirement was that they could never join a G-Rift with another player. This would allow players to level 1-70, farm Keys, bounties, acheivements, and do glob runs, while in a group, but never G-Rifts.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20745726581#post-1

I also feel that since this will be the first time something like this has been tested, it would be alot more fun to do, plus it would keep more players honest.
@Leviathan ,
You can count me in.

I joined both my Euro and America's accounts SSF communities.
I joined your Discord and am looking forward to next Friday 8pm EST.

Will start either HC or SC with SSF in hero name.

Blizzard please pay attention to this and hopefully many players by the thousands will get fired up and back into form playing D3 again. :)
02/17/2018 04:48 AMPosted by DEATHWISH
02/17/2018 02:28 AMPosted by Replay
He's not a D3 programmer and doesn't have the proper access to change D3 code. He's not a developer or Blizzard staff.

I know

But this ends up in a buying,crafting and gambling gear galore.
And this is far from SF.

btw,what do you think I´m doing the last 2 weeks in Vanilla?
This is more SF you even can get in this game.

If you are utilizing the game, within the rules, by playing solo, crafting, gambling, vendors, are just part of the game.