2 lines of code allowed? Left click code

General Discussion
I'm not going to write the code I'm using or the program, I don't want to get in trouble but the lines of code make mouse wheel up = Left click and mouse wheel down = Left click is this allowed what are your responses to this?
Oooh, that sounds neat. Hyper scrolling movement / attacking. Personally, when I was playing a lot of D3 and my right hand was dying from all the clicking, I just made my [ ` ] key as left click. That's the grave key for those who cannot tell.
`'`'`'`'`

Honestly, as I understand it, at least for SC2, 1 press = 1 action. That really didn't include the mouse wheel in discussion. It sounds like a harmless action, but I am not in charge here.
holding down the mouse button also works :)
02/18/2018 04:40 PMPosted by bsundbdmn

I am afraid of writing a code that would automate left click without my presence, but then again left click with the mouse wheel is very fast, so my question now is am I allowed to click really fast w/o getting in trouble?
You can literally assign "wheel up" and "wheel down" in the control settings. I don't see why you need a macro to do this.
What mouse do you use? Any gaming mouse will allow you to assign other functions to buttons. Most decent mouses also have profiles which auto load when a certain program opens (D3 in this case).
02/18/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Unboundlopez
02/18/2018 04:40 PMPosted by bsundbdmn

I am afraid of writing a code that would automate left click without my presence, but then again left click with the mouse wheel is very fast, so my question now is am I allowed to click really fast w/o getting in trouble?

Question is why? When you can just hold down any ability key/button for continuous use.

Am I missing something? Like.. is there an advantage to spam clicking I am not aware of?
There actually could be an advantage from this. If you use the num-lock trick to spam an ability, holding down an ability or a mouse button will cancel the num-lock ability spam. Using the scroll wheel for left and right mouse clicks would ensure that you never accidentally hold the button and cancel the num-lock trick since you can't 'hold down' the scroll wheel.

I'm not sure if that's OPs intention or not. I don't think the game keybindings allow you to bebind left click, so that could be why OP wants to write a script.
02/18/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Savage
There actually could be an advantage from this. If you use the num-lock trick to spam an ability, holding down an ability or a mouse button will cancel the num-lock ability spam. Using the scroll wheel for left and right mouse clicks would ensure that you never accidentally hold the button and cancel the num-lock trick since you can't 'hold down' the scroll wheel.

I'm not sure if that's OPs intention or not. I don't think the game keybindings allow you to bebind left click, so that could be why OP wants to write a script.

My intention was, my finger was starting to hurt and scrolling up and down is a lot easier on my finger. Also I already created the script it's literally 2 lines of code. In regards to toggling a button or holding a button down to repeat left click x amount of times feels like automation where the action no longer requires human input. I do not want to get into trouble by using an automation tool.
I think you're in the clear here. It's not automating any action. It's just basically remapping your keys. You're still performing the action of choosing when to click and everything.
As its one key press = one action, you should be fine. You are hitting the scroll button and getting an action from it, so no worries.

Now if you were writing a script to fire off skills for you at certain specific intervals (like when the skill came off cool down) or do multiple actions (like having it hit skill 1, then 2, then 3) by only hitting one key, that's where you enter the territory of things not to do.

Game on.
Mindblown. You hacked the game with a mouse bind, that must be against ToS... That's not even coding something, what are you talking about? Go watch Rhykker's videos, seriously. That guy always move around with mouse slide.
in options i mapped.

2 = mouse wheel up
3 = mouse wheel down
4 = mouse wheel click

makes it really easy to play, no keyboard needed. you can literally just move and do everything with a mouse. if I get a better mouse it might make tal rasha build tolerable... whoever thought of builds where you have to press all 4 buttons in order frequently should take a cold shower and sign up for medical insurance when they get carpal tunnel.
02/19/2018 07:41 AMPosted by naksiloth
That guy always move around with mouse slide.

No, his character moves same way mine does. Mouse wheel bound to force move. Quite common setup actually.