Trying to solo GR70 with LoN build

Wizard
Hello all,
1st time posting on these forums.
I am trying to solo GR70 with my LoN wizard build.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/EagleEye-1395/hero/59972656
I can get close some of the time, but as of yet have failed to complete GR70 solo.
Any suggestions on the build?
Try getting more orange bonuses by selecting Ancient Legendary versions of all the items you're currently not getting any unique bonuses from. Eg, your helmet. amulet, pants, and gloves.

For the helmet, consider Blind Faith for some crowd-control via procs. For the amulet, consider grinding Hellfire Amulets for one of your passives, enabling the use of an additional passive. For pants, consider Pox Faulds for more AoE damage via procs. For gloves, go with St. Archew's Gage for additional shields.

If you are close now without these items, you should have no problem being able to achieve your goal with these additional bonuses. Between crowd-control, an extra passive, additional AoE, and more shields, you should have more of everything you need to complete your goal.
Other than this, you might want to ask yourself a simple question. Do you want to beat GR70 with your current build or do you want to beat GR 70 with a Legacy of Nightmare build?

If the latter is what you want, then you should consider a Meteor Shower build, but you need to change a lot of gear slots for that. Meteor Shower will be fire, so you can make effective use of fire% items, especially Magefist, Cindercoat and you should definitely get rid of all those single set items. As mentioned, you are not making use of LoN that way. While we are at it, your items need more crit affixes, especially the LoN rings - that Lithany of yours is more or less something I would salvage.

Oh, and socketing rubies at this GR Level shouldn't be necessary. With what little INT you have on gear/paragon, you definitely benefit from going back to INT instead of STR. If you have survival issues, consider replacing Manald Heal by Karini ot Unity, since you play solo. Keep in mind that Manald only procs if Paralysis triggers and that passive only works with active casts - Etched Sigil procs don't work.
You say LON build, but that profile you linked shows you have a full DMO set?
After this posting I did try some different setups, but I have returned to trying the LoN build again. I very much agree with what Darth Gustav and Lexa mentioned. I did swap some gear out for pieces that are not single pieces of a set, I am still trying to get a better helmet and ring. Thanks for the advice so far everyone. I have been close to completing a GR70 solo, but as of yet I have not accomplished this.
You need less defensive gems. Taeguk doesn't make much sense vs Bane of the Trapped. Definitely get rid of that Moratorium your choice of offensive gem. Your LoN rings are pretty bad. You're losing a lot of damage there. You need better gloves. Slot in some area damage. I'm not sure why you're using that rune on Energy Twister. It's kind of useless. Swap Manald for basically anything in the cube. You can do a manald LoN build but it doesn't make much sense in your context because you hardly have any attack speed. You would at the very least need to run Pain Enhancer to really use that. You'll get very low proc rates, and underwhelming damage when you do. Put more Area Damage on your gear, and make sure you cast manual twisters instead of allowing channeling to do your work for you. Interchange meteor casts with channeling. In fact, you need a helmet and source with AP on crit to even run what you do have slotted ideally, so you can at least easily regain AP in between twister casts. At the very least it needs to be on your source. Ideally on both hat and source. Pick a wizard hat with something you want... maybe Velvet or Crown of Primus.

The problem right now is that your gear is really lacking and your build is really unfocused. It's losing too much damage doing this.
To be honest, I think the best build for LoN is probably an Archon build with Swami and Fazula, with lots of CDR, with either:

-Unstable Scepter + Triumvirate, or
-Twisted Sword + Etched Sigil

I would also say that Karini is a must, because your survivability is going to take a pretty good hit with no 6 piece bonus until all your items are ancient.
Unless they changed anything since I last played PTR (major revamp to Wizard), you should be able to easily beat upward to GR95 with an Archon-abusive LoN build... the build is unbelievably not fun, but it will smoke GR70.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759366320?page=1

NOTE: It was an attempted sanity-check/proof-of-concept build to make sure Archon wasn't still #1 by a lot.

The below should work too.

03/02/2018 08:14 AMPosted by KhalARon
To be honest, I think the best build for LoN is probably an Archon build with Swami and Fazula, with lots of CDR, with either:

-Unstable Scepter + Triumvirate, or
-Twisted Sword + Etched Sigil

I would also say that Karini is a must, because your survivability is going to take a pretty good hit with no 6 piece bonus until all your items are ancient.
Incase you go this route, my LoN wiz cleared a 95 first try with a couple minutes left. could probably get close to 100 but that would require fishing and I am far too lazy for that.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Ham-1685/hero/75125729
Ham, that setup is very impressive, maybe someday I will get gear like that.
Thanks to everyone that replied. In the end I built a Demon Hunter and was able to clear a lvl 70 GR first try. Someday I will try again with the LoN wizard build, but in the meantime my wizard will just play a support role with friends.
03/05/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Ham
Incase you go this route, my LoN wiz cleared a 95 first try with a couple minutes left. could probably get close to 100 but that would require fishing and I am far too lazy for that.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Ham-1685/hero/75125729

Very nice! I was always curious how high a LoN Meteor build could go. Thanks for sharing your progress, and please feel free to keep us updated should you decide to continue to push with it. Sick LoN gear, btw!

Several seasons ago, I was able to get a LoN Electrocute build to 85, which isn't bad considering the lackluster item support for it and considering that it's totally reliant on a Signature spell and Manald Heal. I hope and pray that one day they give Electrocute more item support so that it becomes a competitive build in the future, as it's one of my favorite spells in the game.

LoN Frozen Orb (and maybe even Obliterate) should be able to push to similar levels as a LoN Meteor build, too, given that both abilities have great item support right now.