Followers' immortality tokens

General Discussion
They say "Your follower cannot die", so that seems to imply they cannot die from physical/elemental harm in battle, nor from aging/diseases. Doesn't that mean your followers are even more powerful than the nephalem? How so? LOL
It's just for the game's sake or else they won't last more than a second.
Well I guess that power comes at a price. They really don't do any damage and they don't experience joy like a normal person would.
Maybe.

Honestly, I'd like to think that the token enables our followers to feed off of the Nephalem's seemingly limitless power which grants them their supposed immortality. After all, our followers still fall to their knees all the same at the Nephalem's demise, with or without token.
I have a Templar that has well over 1M sheet damage, but he will never be as strong as my weakest Nephalem. The followers were never really meant to be as strong as the Nephalem. They just add some support. I believe that the followers were originally intended to have 12 skills to pick from (3 in each section), but they were cut back to 8 (2 in each section).
Followers are only there to give support at crowd controlling and if possible buffs, debuffs and recovery. At the lower difficulty levels you can do pretty much fine if you can find other ways to keep them alive. A bodyguard summon (Genzaniku, Maximus, Bovine), massed vitality and an immunity amulet (Mara or Xephirian, else Etlich) will keep them going just fine on paper, with skill-access or cooldown-cut tokens. Otherwise they need to be very precise on mass crowd controls (Sultan, Maloth, Tormentor, Hellrack) to keep distance, else apply self-buffs (Sankis, Azure).

But that's not really the case at the higher Greater Rifts. Internal cooldowns generally make their job harder, and an unlucky streak of failing to bring summon to combat, or proc mass control impairment will impede their movement instead. Also amulets clog up the only slot where you can put better crowd control (Ess of Johan, Overwhelming Desire) or offensive choices (Flavor of Time, Moonlight Ward). Their toughness simply don't match up to us, no matter how hard you try, and the first or second hit they incur will knock them down.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/12945954611
Yeah they should make a new lvl-70 token that increase dmg by 3000%, and a couple rings/amulets that either reduce dmg taken by 50% or increase certain skill's dmg 5x-10x, to emulate our sets and dmg multipliers. Make the drop rate very low obv. You don't want a fresh 70 to beat TXIII just by following the follower LOL

That way they'll also encourage solo play, more diversity yeah?
A follower rework that they gain as much main stat as the player and also same or portion of our max damage would be nice.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the followers design goals was to encourage players towards multiplayer.
03/28/2018 12:36 PMPosted by GhostDragon
A follower rework that they gain as much main stat as the player and also same or portion of our max damage would be nice.

Followers already benefit 2.5x multiplier from main stats. Each and every stat they take will be calculated 1.5x more. That means they gain more armor, more resistance and more health beside the damage per mainstat they possess.

03/28/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Merdrah
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the followers design goals was to encourage players towards multiplayer.

More or less. They got a band-aid treatment with BiS token and complimentary ring, combination. Figure it yourself, they could've get better skills and more tiers along the levelling process. I just hope there's a second expansion or a big patch to balance them better.
I wish they would implement more for the followers, boosting solo players more. Would be fun.
At least a cube recipe to combine all three of a follower's tokens.
03/28/2018 01:09 PMPosted by FuturePhunk
I wish they would implement more for the followers, boosting solo players more. Would be fun.

Don't count on it, they are not that interested in solo players. They want you to group up, even if you do not want it. The game is all about 4 party groups, and the most holy meta. If you are not in the meta, many of the higher end players do not want you. Funny how that works. It's like having a cult, within a cult.
Other tokens must get a buff. If they're prone to dying or getting crowd controlled I suggest:
* All skill access token; makes your Follower to bind with Kanai's Cube making their main weapon slot act as the 4th cube slot. At least they can make me feel overpowering as long as they're alive.
* 50% faster cooldown token; makes your Follower at least immune to crowd control effects. If Follower gonna knocked out for a good 10 seconds at least a Frozen/Jail shouldn't pin him/her down.
They're doing it wrong with immortality tokens. All legendary tokens should include the immortality effect by default. What should vary is whether it gives your followers access to all skills or reduces the CD on their chosen skills by 50%.