I chose not to join and collect the bags

Did I do the right thing
03/20/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Sirens

Did I do the right thing

So what, you want a pat on the back?
Did my parents raise me well
Sigh. yes your a good boy.

But bots are all the bounties are about nowadays. Everybody hates bounties, might as well except next time.
Did I do the right thing

That depends...
Did you also report them and remove them from your Friends List?
03/20/2018 11:17 PMPosted by SevenShadow

Did I do the right thing

He wants the courage to not be a p***y
Report their punk asses
You get a cookie. Go to Suckbucks and buy yourself one of those $5 mediocre cookies they sell. If you're feeling especially righteous, go for one their designer coffee drinks too. Nothing like their coffee-flavoured sugar and milk beverages.
03/21/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Sirens

I recognize a couple of your characters. You used to ask noob questions on a bot forum. A couple of us spent way too much time trying to get you to understand how the script worked.
03/21/2018 10:06 AMPosted by okiegrown

I recognize a couple of your characters. You used to ask noob questions on a bot forum. A couple of us spent way too much time trying to get you to understand how the script worked.

You just made my day sir! Thank you!

So you are giving out info on botting scripts. I would argue that is a bad thing and an admission of cheating.
03/20/2018 11:17 PMPosted by SevenShadow

Did I do the right thing

How the heck do you get downvoted? Half the stuff you say is hilarious! You're recently one of my favorite posters on the D3 forums.
03/21/2018 10:11 AMPosted by MicroRNA

So you are giving out info on botting scripts. I would argue that is a bad thing and an admission of cheating.

No need to argue about it. I've openly stated for many seasons I have accounts running script. The game is stale and boring. I enjoy tweaking scripts and seeing how well I can make them run. I can spend hours and hours configuring script. I can't spend 30 minutes actually playing the game.
I've said it before, and as ridiculous as it sounds, a deceptively counter-intuitive and simple, and definitive fix to botting is to reward everyone proportional to their time not playing D3. More specifically, on a daily basis, you give everyone an option for rift stones, materials, experience, etc... and a quantity that exceeds what could possibly be got from using a bot during your time not playing D3. There would be absolutely no benefit to bot anymore. It sounds crazy, and it sounds like it defeats the point of playing the game, but it's really simple and it actually does not defeat the point of playing the game. Just think about it.

Do a 3 day queue like HoTS and it will prevent someone from collecting something ridiculous like 3 months of offtime reward.

EDIT:
It got downvoted last time too. To date, no one has ever provided a measured or reasoned response of why this crazy solution wouldn't/couldn't work. If it's so simple, it should be easy to refute right?
03/21/2018 10:47 AMPosted by okiegrown
03/21/2018 10:11 AMPosted by MicroRNA

No need to argue about it. I've openly stated for many seasons I have accounts running script. The game is stale and boring. I enjoy tweaking scripts and seeing how well I can make them run. I can spend hours and hours configuring script. I can't spend 30 minutes actually playing the game.

You dislike the game so much you can't stand playing it yet you run an automated program to play it for you to help yourself enjoy playing it?
03/21/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Necksnapper
03/21/2018 10:47 AMPosted by okiegrown

You dislike the game so much you can't stand playing it yet you run an automated program to play it for you to help yourself enjoy playing it?

As stupid as it will sound, a lot of people don’t realize that for a lot of folks botting is like a game within a game. I know a lot of players, on all levels of advancement, and yes I do have few friends that openly talk about botting.

From various conversations thru past year or so, I’ve got to know several aspects of botting that are typically ignored around here (not like they should be talk about or admired, don’t get me wrong, but they do exist).

See, for a lot of folks making own scripts, pickits, automating their own builds is the actual game. There is a lot of botters that never actually compete on leaderboards. They simply enjoy creating their own super optimized scripts, and they are not looking at “oh, look, got rank X on LB!!” but rather on “oh, look, my script yields 950 bil XP/h, while these guys are doing 750” or “I have 95% success rate at A5 bounties, while this guy fails one out of 5 and doesn’t know how to deal with Malathel”. Or even “lol, I’m getting 750 DB’s an hour, this is better than Build X”.

I don’t expect anyone to really understand me, but Botting is like modding scene in various games. Some - and I dare to say a lot or even majority - botters don’t really pursue LB competition. They simply enjoy running a bot, checking what they’ve got overnight, looking at optimizing the runs to get zero fails, so on and so forth. Yes, ofcourse there is a lot of players that use bot as sole most important tool to compete on leaderboards and to get unfair advantage over other players, but even their are really competing within each other more than with the rest of the playerbase. It’s like separate community, with its own internal competition that at some aspect overlays our LB competition.
03/21/2018 11:13 AMPosted by nslay
It sounds crazy, and it sounds like it defeats the point of playing the game, but it's really simple and it actually does not defeat the point of playing the game.

Although I do not agree in its entirety, you can imagine something that is used in other games such as a resting XP bonus or increase legendary drop rates. We should reward playing, but we do not need reward inhuman hours. In another thread, I have been told that my view doesn't count until I hit the top 100 in the leaderboard or reach 2K paragon. The funny thing is that with power creep, hitting 2K paragon several years ago was unheard of. I guess people don't understand that todays grift 140 was yesterdays grift 59.
03/21/2018 11:44 AMPosted by S4v4G3
03/21/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Necksnapper

As stupid as it will sound, a lot of people don’t realize that for a lot of folks botting is like a game within a game. I know a lot of players, on all levels of advancement, and yes I do have few friends that openly talk about botting.

From various conversations thru past year or so, I’ve got to know several aspects of botting that are typically ignored around here (not like they should be talk about or admired, don’t get me wrong, but they do exist).

See, for a lot of folks making own scripts, pickits, automating their own builds is the actual game. There is a lot of botters that never actually compete on leaderboards. They simply enjoy creating their own super optimized scripts, and they are not looking at “oh, look, got rank X on LB!!” but rather on “oh, look, my script yields 950 bil XP/h, while these guys are doing 750” or “I have 95% success rate at A5 bounties, while this guy fails one out of 5 and doesn’t know how to deal with Malathel”. Or even “lol, I’m getting 750 DB’s an hour, this is better than Build X”.

I don’t expect anyone to really understand me, but Botting is like modding scene in various games. Some - and I dare to say a lot or even majority - botters don’t really pursue LB competition. They simply enjoy running a bot, checking what they’ve got overnight, looking at optimizing the runs to get zero fails, so on and so forth. Yes, ofcourse there is a lot of players that use bot as sole most important tool to compete on leaderboards and to get unfair advantage over other players, but even their are really competing within each other more than with the rest of the playerbase. It’s like separate community, with its own internal competition that at some aspect overlays our LB competition.

This guy gets it!
I've said it before, and as ridiculous as it sounds, a deceptively counter-intuitive and simple, and definitive fix to botting is to reward everyone proportional to their time not playing D3. More specifically, on a daily basis, you give everyone an option for rift stones, materials, experience, etc... and a quantity that exceeds what could possibly be got from using a bot during your time not playing D3. There would be absolutely no benefit to bot anymore. It sounds crazy, and it sounds like it defeats the point of playing the game, but it's really simple and it actually does not defeat the point of playing the game. Just think about it.

So people could bot AND get the daily reward as well. Well played sir, you fixed nothing!
03/21/2018 02:59 PMPosted by fatbag

So people could bot AND get the daily reward as well. Well played sir, you fixed nothing!

I think you misunderstood. If you bot, you actually get less than if didn't bot.