LoN - Legacy of Nightmares

Items and Crafting
when you were megabuffing class sets, you turtelly ferget about Lo-freaking-N >:O
how dare ruining my experience
LoN really should just be moved to a passive item. Like a consumable that unlocks the non set bonus for ancient items. Having 2 free ring slots would make it a lot more viable.
dude it is only freaking low !@#$ 1300% with all items in ancient ... how dare >:O
LoN definitely needs some love.

However balancing LoN is many times more complicated than class sets. It's not as simple as bumping LoN damage bonus to level X and being done with it. When balancing a build based on a class set, you'll only have to take certain complementary items into consideration. LoN builds use nothing but "complementary" items. Many, many more variables.

A little example: LoN Spirit Barrage build is still to some extend viable build, power gap to the next powerful LoN is however quite large. Balancing LoN is tricky.

I truly hope Blizzard does something for the LoN, right now it's overall underpowered and generally using it is unrewarding.
It was never meant to be "viable" nor the top performing build that it became for several classes. It was meant to be "play your own way" TX fun, nothing more. The fact it ended up dominating for several classes screwed over any chance at balance. Sets are in a good place right now even though a few still need some adjusting.
my LoN all pets + darts wd build can do t13 but it is painfull and frustrating in groups ... i am not speaking about laderboards, just dont make people playing it suffer so much as it is for now ... my necro corpse explosion build is a little similar
and don't forget the chain lightning wizard
04/04/2018 09:52 AMPosted by GhostDragon
It was never meant to be "viable" nor the top performing build that it became for several classes. It was meant to be "play your own way" TX fun, nothing more. The fact it ended up dominating for several classes screwed over any chance at balance. Sets are in a good place right now even though a few still need some adjusting.

Yeah, but for a lot of us. Sets are boring. Collecting all ancient gear for a build should definitely be stronger then throwing together a 6 piece set. LoN builds take much more time and effort. And before someone says (if you don't like sets then don't use them) I typically don't, if you look at my characters. I use a UE DH for bounties and solo gem leveling. I enjoy pushing solo rifts with zero sets used or LoN in some cases.
04/04/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Ham

Yeah, but for a lot of us. Sets are boring. Collecting all ancient gear for a build should definitely be stronger then throwing together a 6 piece set. LoN builds take much more time and effort. And before someone says (if you don't like sets then don't use them) I typically don't, if you look at my characters. I use a UE DH for bounties and solo gem leveling. I enjoy pushing solo rifts with zero sets used or LoN in some cases.

I have to agree with this. Just getting an ancient item in every slot is more difficult than getting a normal 6 piece set. Hell, just getting the 2 LON rings as ancient is statistically more difficult than getting a 6 piece set.

I don't mind if LON can't push as high as class sets, but right now, it's not even worth trying to build a set for. They should at least buff it to double the damage. I don't think anything really needs to change with the defensive buff.
04/04/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Ham
LoN really should just be moved to a passive item. Like a consumable that unlocks the non set bonus for ancient items. Having 2 free ring slots would make it a lot more viable.
or a passive skill
I think they could easily bump the damage % to 2000 if they erred on the side of caution. I think it should be 2500% though. Or 2600% if they want to "just double it"
My goofy Archon/Molten Impact LoN Wizard can do GR96... That's pretty amazing for LoN... And Wizard using LoN. I also blaze through 4 man T13 bounties using Archon's free teleports!

That's right, "LoN" and "Wizard" were used in the same sentence in case you're dazed and confused by something so preposterous.

If Wizard can do this with the worst set for Wizard, I have no idea how they could possibly balance LoN.
04/04/2018 12:12 PMPosted by SuperCuddles
I think they could easily bump the damage % to 2000 if they erred on the side of caution. I think it should be 2500% though. Or 2600% if they want to "just double it"

Doubling the damage would give the set about another 5 GR levels. It's definitely much more than 5 GRs behind currently. I think they could safely double the damage without it throwing anything completely out of place.
Yes Dreyda but I don't believe they want LoN pushing. I think a reasonable goal would be for LoN to get +5 GR levels. Obviously I think it should be a higher bonus, but I'm trying to appeal to the fact Blizzard wanting sets to be endgame. I'll take any buff even if it's just 5 GR levels, because that makes T13 rifting easier as well.
Very tricky indeed. Spirit Barage and perhaps Bombardment Sader are seriously the only builds I can think of that might become OP if they doubled LoN's damage bonus.

If it wasn't for these, they could have safely doubled it imo.
My goofy Archon/Molten Impact LoN Wizard can do GR96... That's pretty amazing for LoN... And Wizard using LoN. I also blaze through 4 man T13 bounties using Archon's free teleports!

That's right, "LoN" and "Wizard" were used in the same sentence in case you're dazed and confused by something so preposterous.

If Wizard can do this with the worst set for Wizard, I have no idea how they could possibly balance LoN.
#BlizzardNerfWizard
04/04/2018 04:45 PMPosted by KadaverjunkY

#BlizzardNerfWizard

It actually was designed as an attempted proof-of-concept during the last major PTR with the intent to demonstrate that Archon was not actually fixed. But when I tried to scale up to Firebirds+Meteor, there was no survivability outside of Archon. Numerically, the Helmet+Belt could give the top channeling meteor a +9 GR advantage. Survivability does not allow for it though.

lol.

LoN didn't screw over balance at all. I don't think an LoN build ever touched the multiplayer meta, and it was only the Crusader that had really successful LoN builds. Wizards never had any, and every other class had an okay build or two at best.

04/04/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Ham

LoN is doing the same thing a 6 piece set does - stacking up damage modifiers.
Forgot WD in 4 man there bud. For a time was also top solo DH and Monk and close on Barb.
One possible easy buff is to change the 4% damage reduction bonus to 7% damage reduction. That gives a total of 91% damage reduction and, while that may seem a lot, it is the same as using Halo of Karini while having the current 52% damage reduction from LoN. Only now an LoN Wizard wouldn't have to use a damage mitigation ring in the cube anymore. I imagine this would be similar for other classes.
I also think regular legendaries should be allowed at a reduced %. Right rolls trump Ancient for actual use.

I'm not against LoN used for its original intent, it shouldn't be the top build for any class though.