why are pet classes fun 2 play?

General Discussion
is it because we tend to stand back and watch our pets take down bad guys?

or is it because blizz keeps pet classes a notch OP above other classes?

this logic seem to apply to classes in WoW, D3, and D2
I tend to find pet classes boring to play in the long term, but that's more play preference than anything.

Remember, fun is subjective. A class you find fun another play will find boring. Hence the reason for the variety.
this question i closed in itself
how about some language? : >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EHDT5l1dlo
Language the Use, Misuse and Abuse of Words - Manly P. Hall
Mostly because you don't die as much if your pets are doing all the heavy lifting.
Because it is a very different playstyle, almost strategy game esque. It is also cool to have some traveling partners especially in a game as bleak as Diablo. That along with followers adds a sort of friendship dynamic.

As for the OP comment, every class in Diablo can be absolutely busted. Thats just the nature of the game. As for WoW, I mained a Warlock since BC and they were very near bottom tier up until mists. Hunters current strongest spec actually revolves around not using pets so I think your opinion may be a bit skewed and misinformed
Pet builds are more op than other classes? that's hardly true considering pet classes arent even in the top 20 strongest builds.
04/25/2018 08:01 AMPosted by LuckyTiger

Nailed it.

Diablo is a zen game..something you play while watching tv, music, youtube, movies or audiobooks. It's not the kind of game that demands constant attention.

Pet classes are fun to play because they require less player attention and response time as something like a Demon Hunter.

or is it because blizz keeps pet classes a notch OP above other classes?

Nope. They are fun regardless.
If a pet build happens to be competitive than great but tons of people loved the pet necro in Diablo 2 and that build sucked compared to tons of other options.
It's because you have to cast your pets constantly and avoid stray arrows since you die in one hit. It's also a great way to develop permanent pain in your wrist to help you remember all the fun you had casting your pets!
Necro is really fun if you play "Normal". It's where skeletons and golem work very well.
s it because we tend to stand back and watch our pets take down bad guys?

This is probably the main reason why I don't like them. I've never really liked passive builds. It's most likely why I also happen to be of the unpopular opinion that a standard Rathma Mage build feels so much more engaging than your average pet build.

Nailed it.

Diablo is a zen game..something you play while watching tv, music, youtube, movies or audiobooks. It's not the kind of game that demands constant attention.

Pet classes are fun to play because they require less player attention and response time as something like a Demon Hunter.

I can play my WD on a 100 GR while watching the Simpsons and eating a pizza while playing with my RL pet dogs.