Diablo 3 Roadmap MIA

General Discussion
Hey Blizzard, what's the deal with Diablo?

I don't think I'm alone when I say I wish you were coming up with more content for this game. I feel like it's been just forgotten about by Blizzard b/c of Overwatch, Heroes, and even WoW (all games I also own).

And, it's a shame.

If "Blizzard" doesn't want to work on the Diablo franchise, could you consider doing your fans a solid by creating a smaller, start-up studio staffed with Diablo loyalists who can work on creating content and expansions for those of us who love this series?

The game was released in 2012--and 6 years later there's been very little actual content added. Why's that? And, while the necromancer is 'kinda cool' I'd sure like to see more plot development ...
I bet they have something cooking... But they are so excited about it they can't talk no more about the current state of Diablo until it's out! Any time soon now! Most definitely before the end of the universe! :o
There have been roughly 20 job postings up for different positions to work on " an unannounced diablo project." Whatever that means I will leave to your imagination.

Im hopeful for something big, but reserved as in I will believe it when I see it.
04/25/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Lloyd
I bet they have something cooking... But they are so excited about it they can't talk no more about the current state of Diablo until it's out! Any time soon now! Most definitely before the end of the universe! :o

Wow, that sounds exciting!!
04/25/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Faidin
And, it's a shame.

Is it?

We got massive game support completely changing the original purchased product by leaps and bounds. That support continued for the better part of half a decade.

Why is it a shame that things have slowed or practically stopped?

Diablo 3 is in a great place right now. Aside from the occasional season restart you could confidently say the game is finished. Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for continued support on this game but they've gone above and beyond for a game of this kind.
I don't think I'm alone when I say I wish you were coming up with more content for this game

How about you play the game first before you want some more content?
04/25/2018 07:52 PMPosted by DEATHWISH
I don't think I'm alone when I say I wish you were coming up with more content for this game

How about you play the game first before you want some more content?

Sorry, but I've got a 600+ paragon level character on the ps4 and have been pretty active on the hardcore scene on the pc...not sure what your problem is with all the passive-aggressive noise, but w/e.
04/25/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Faidin
and have been pretty active on the hardcore scene on the pc.

What did you exactly do with your 120 HC Para,if I may ask?

btw,600 Para is pretty nothing with RoS.
04/25/2018 09:38 PMPosted by DEATHWISH
04/25/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Faidin
and have been pretty active on the hardcore scene on the pc.

What did you exactly do with your 120 HC Para,if I may ask?

btw,600 Para is pretty nothing with RoS.

You can ask, but I'm not answering. I'm not interested in what you've got to say beyond this point. I kind of think you're a jerk and am going to use the 'ignore user' option. The point of this thread was to discuss the road map and future of this game, not to get into the mud about play styles, hours spent grinding, etc.

I'd assume anyone reading this enjoys the game and wants to see it improve in the future--and I'm just not into witty banter or swapping jabs and insults.
The game was released in 2012--and 6 years later there's been very little actual content added.
Seriously? You know, I bought Kingpin: Life of Crime in 2000, and 17 years later there has been no content added!

Diablo II didn't have any content at all added before or after Lord of Destruction, except for stability patches, some balancing, and user mods.

What exactly do you expect from Diablo III, a limited co-op game of limited scope? It's not an MMO. You don't pay a sub fee. There is no one working to develop the next great raid.

The additions, patches, and content we have received (have had shoved down our throats) is exceptional for what originally shipped as, essentially, a single player game with limited multiplayer co-op.

I wish that even a fraction of games I bought over the last 20 years were paid such attention.