Telstra ANZ Latency issues - 4/17-4/22

Technical Support
Anyone experiencing latency issues recently? There appears to be a few of us getting it at the same time, and I can't see any other signs that would indicate it's my connection.

Last night I lagged to the point I was booted from the game, and today I lagged until I died in HC. The ping seems fine, then hits 1+ seconds out of the blue.

Really I want some idea of whether HC is worth persisting with at the moment.
Could be a problem with Telstra. Those saying they have issues appear to be with Telstra.
04/18/2018 02:14 AMPosted by Cranky388
today I lagged until I died in HC

Ah! Not again mate. Looks like your Tals Wiz too am I right?

04/18/2018 02:14 AMPosted by Cranky388
Really I want some idea of whether HC is worth persisting with at the moment.

Yeah, I have a feeling if things continue this badly, a good number of us HC players in the clan will main in SC next season. I'll still be doing both accounts to Guardian but one will get more play time than the other of course.

I'll still be playing Sader on both accounts but probably won't be making zBarb in SC due to lack of character slots/storage space to offload and rebirth a Barb.

04/18/2018 02:18 AMPosted by Cranky388
Could be a problem with Telstra.

Not that it's related but the issues I've been having were on my premise... phone port had rusted (it's on an external wall and the techie said that the current going through the rusted pins would be what attracted the moisture). We'll see if my connection is stable going forward. Will post what I
Yeah, I'm getting booted too... Error 1016 or something like that.
Two Error 1016s tonight. What's up Blizz?
So many factors that can cause probs.

Yes it could be telstra dropping out all t customers.

Yes it could be just a purely random occurrence that a dozen in clan players all dc'd.

Yes it could be the Aussie HC server broke a lacky band and because we're in maintenance mode no one from bluzz will address the issue or repair said lacky.

Who knows!

Maybe like the self found mode folks who police themselves we should introduce HC Suicide Mode.

So you make a SC toon and if you dc, well fine you can keep your toon BUT should you die at anytime in the game you have delete that toon. Also delete gear they are wearing and any gear in your personal stash... even un id gear.

Fixed S14 for us... HC Suicide Mode.
04/18/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Bastich
Maybe like the self found mode folks who police themselves we should introduce HC Suicide Mode.

So you make a SC toon and if you dc, well fine you can keep your toon BUT should you die at anytime in the game you have delete that toon. Also delete gear they are wearing and any gear in your personal stash... even un id gear.

Fixed S14 for us... HC Suicide Mode.

LOL. You might be onto something there Bas.

Patch 2.6.2... HC mode no longer kills your character permanently upon death. Instead, you are greeted with the message "We have detected a death. Would you like to die for good?" with voice over by Liam Neeson.

If you choose Yes, the words "Finish Him/Her" appear with Diablo portaling in. You have the chance to enter a special key press combination for Diablo to do one of 20 fatalities on your hero. An incorrect key combination will result in Diablo simply !@#$% slapping your character as an insult for your sub standard keyboarding skills.
Hahaha That would be awesome. Diablo could go all Johny Cage and punch your head off.

Sweet!
Sorry to hear Cranky. RIP.
04/18/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Mugsy
Patch 2.6.2... HC mode no longer kills your character permanently upon death. Instead, you are greeted with the message "We have detected a death. Would you like to die for good?" with voice over by Liam Neeson.

If you choose Yes, the words "Finish Him/Her" appear with Diablo portaling in. You have the chance to enter a special key press combination for Diablo to do one of 20 fatalities on your hero. An incorrect key combination will result in Diablo simply !@#$% slapping your character as an insult for your sub standard keyboarding skills.

Mortal Diablo... I like it :P
DC'd 3 times last night in 45 minutes. Luckily all of them were not in combat so no rips.

I'm not saying what, who or whom is to blame but lately the dc's have been quite large for those on the Aussie HC server.

Recently I have played a bit of SC mode due to helping my kid get her stash tab. I can play solo or group SC and it's played on the Aussie SC server. We never get any DC's. Over the weekend just been I played over 8 hours SC and never had one DC. I jumped into HC for a bit on Sunday afternoon and within 20 minutes - first DC while in town. Swapped toons to spend shards and DC'd again. My kid in the same house playing SC on her pc... never DC'd while I had 2.

It is a strange thing at the minute and I'm sure if a ticket was raised just like last time bluzz will just whip out the ole - when you sign up for HC you know the death drill, it's not us it's u, etc etc. I just find it so odd that ever since their last Server Slam PTR the Aussie HC server has been a train wreck.
Perdition was laggy last night and alsmost RIP'd to me.
Yeah I noticed that the poor bugger nearly died. Luckily you died first.

ROFLBBQ
he had 21mill life left which is 1 bell....the difference between a personal best and a loser is just 1 bell.....
Is that like a bell end?
must be.... either that or potato
Come on Diablo should punch you in the nuts not the head if iit is Johny Cage's style.....just saying!
I wouldn't mind the game being online ONLY, if there weren't these far too frequent lag outs. Sick of losing Grifts to lag.

Dunno how you blokes play HC, I'd NEVER risk it with the poor performance I've seen since recently returning.
I've had multiple lag spikes this whole week when playing... usually around the 7-7:30pm time frame. Initially thought it was torrents running, throttled them and it got better, then they came back and shortly thereafter got the disconnect. Only SC so no big drama for me... feel sorry for those running HC tho.
ah lag, freeky's greatest enemy. im seriously considering switching to SC again, as much as i hate the idea. im just tired of pushing to my new goal of gr100 and getting lag spiked out.

the SC Suicide i could get into. the bulk of my deaths in HC are lag related. prob a good 9/10, which is a sign i should focus on strangling folk until they upgrade my local exchange