RGK pest meta questions

Necromancer
That’s very logical explanation, yeah all makes sense. So it is option D I listed, that ICD is making sure we are getting the stack when it’s due, with 15 frames Attack, we will definitely get 4 stacks per second, while if it was 1.1 we wouldn’t get it since at the moment hit would register, Stricken would still be on ICD.

Very glad I could have this discussion with someone who actually understands this stuff :) I’ll be making an explanation on Stricken for barbs since we have few skills that can be optimized for Stricken stacking via some Attack speed rolls, I will credit you for the help accordingly :)

Since we are on topic, here is some stuff that was tested by Nubtro/Vael and few others, in 2.41 after stricken rework:

Arcane Torrent - Flame Ward has the same aps scaling as WW = floor(20/aps) and it is definitely not stacking Stricken every tick, far from it.

@ 1.452 aps (13 frames per tick) it stacked Stricken every 5th hit
@ 1.651 aps (12 frames per tick) it stacked Stricken every 5th hit
@ 1.770 aps (11 frames per tick) it stacked Stricken every 5th hit
@ 1.950 aps (10 frames per tick) it stacked Stricken every 6th hit

Contrary to WW, Stricken seems to put Arcane Torrent in the same DoT category as Earthquake and only stacks once per second. AT is royaly screwed :O

Strafe - Drifting Shadow has a floor(15/aps) scaling and also doesn´t stack Stricken every tick. In my test, Stricken stacked every 3rd shot @ 1.806 aps (8 frames per tick), at times every 4th one due to FPS jumping (inconsistent frames per tick values) and distance from target.

Rapid Fire - Frost Shots has a floor(10/aps) scaling and does not stack Stricken every tick. At 1.806 aps (5 frames per arrow), every 9th arrow was Stricken boosted. Very weird.

If anyone feels like retesting it, we may be able to point mechanic that is wrong, if these are still working like that. Because these skills should be working per FPA and ticks, while they clearly don’t.
Also, this part:

imho, just using different skill wouldn t work, especially when the skills ve different APS in type of Frames
even with zero ICD, the stacking in this case would be faster, using just the fastest of the different skills

I recall a conversation with couple wizards during last big ptr (power creep patch) and I know that they were using some akward mechanic with skill alternating for increased Stricken stacking. I will try to dig it up one way or another, I kind of memorize every thing I’ve ever read.
Seems that a lot of channeling skills are locked at their Base APS means 60 Frames
ICD Stricken is 0,9x60 = 54 Frames

Arcane Torrent:
13Frames/Tick --> 4 Hits 52 Frames < 54 Frames --> Stack after 5 Ticks
12Frames/Tick --> 4 Hits 48 Frames < 54 Frames --> Stack after 5 Ticks
11Frames/Tick --> 4 Hits 44 Frames < 54 Frames --> Stack after 5 Ticks
10Frames/Tick --> 5 Hits 50 Frames < 54 Frames --> Stack after 6 Ticks

Rapid Fire: same mechanic

Strafe: seems different for me, assuming the stacks after 4 shots as errors
the Base would be around >18 Frames and < 26 --> maybe 20
one could look for a jump where Stricken stacks at every 2nd Tick
(10-11 Frames Strafe Ticks)

but besides that "stupid" channeling mechanic, it s a nice indicator, that the Stricken ICD Formular works well
and it s not faster than APS, due to the channeling ticks, just faster than the locked Base Speed

edit+edit2: a workaround for channeling spells would be easy, they just ve to include the modified APS: ICD= 0,9xCeil (60/APS or TPS) for possible Non-Sheet Multipliers -
- looks like the old Formula but with Multipliers

this would, of course, reduce the WW stacking mechanic, from Ticks to APS if it s still the case

05/02/2018 11:03 AMPosted by S4v4G3
I know that they were using some akward mechanic with skill alternating for increased Stricken stacking.

would be interesting to know, up to now i ve no idea how it should work
To be honest I think all these skills should work like WW, stacking once per tick, accordingly to 0.9 x FPS ICD.

WW cannot change for worse because of a simple reason, WW have a full set build around that skill, and the way it is designed is causing massive issues with any single target damage, if stricken would be nerfed within this build, we would be back to 6-7 minutes RG fights (ww kills thru AD and bloodshed, no way to make progression thru rift without sitting in 30-50+ bleeding targets, cannot even currently kill a lone elite on pushing levels, needs tons of trash for it)

But, making rest of the channeling skills work of TPS for Stricken would do a lot of good. Just my opinion ofcourse, sure it would need decent ptr period, and 4 man could get some more options, but overall it would be good even for solo balancing.
05/03/2018 07:21 AMPosted by S4v4G3
To be honest I think all these skills should work like WW, stacking once per tick, accordingly to 0.9 x FPS ICD.

WW cannot change for worse because of a simple reason, WW have a full set build around that skill, and the way it is designed is causing massive issues with any single target damage, if stricken would be nerfed within this build, we would be back to 6-7 minutes RG fights (ww kills thru AD and bloodshed, no way to make progression thru rift without sitting in 30-50+ bleeding targets, cannot even currently kill a lone elite on pushing levels, needs tons of trash for it)

But, making rest of the channeling skills work of TPS for Stricken would do a lot of good. Just my opinion ofcourse, sure it would need decent ptr period, and 4 man could get some more options, but overall it would be good even for solo balancing.

+1 for making all channeling function like WW with respect to stricken stacking. WW has the more intuitive and consistent mechanic (if you attack faster you should get more stricken stacks...)
If I remember it correctly tick rate from channeled skills was 3 tick based. Means they would proc every 3 ticks. WW would proc Life per Hit every 3 ticks for example.

It is totally possible that only WW got changed to proc Stricken on every tick.