Blizzcon 2018: Diablo focus?

General Discussion
I'm not gonna outright predict Diablo 4, but I'm curious about a few factors this year.

WoW: Battle For Azeroth will have already launched by the time Blizzcon happens. So unless they're willing to reveal the next expansion only 3 months into BfA, WoW won't have much of a presence outside previewing the first major patch.

Starcraft II is finished, and they just launched Starcraft Remastered not long ago.

Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm are competitive multiplayer games that will probably just get map / hero / game mode updates as time goes on.

So that leaves Diablo, the only game among the lot in a prime position to have a big presence at Blizzcon. It might be a Diablo 4 announcement, it might be a Diablo II Remastered announcement, it might be both, it might be neither. Who knows.

What do you all think?
This is my odds board:

2/1 druid announcement
10/1 D2 remaster
25/1 D4
50/1 d3 expansion
100/1 another year of nothing to see here, move along
I'm hoping those rumours about a dev saying Diablo fans ate gonna lose our minds is true.
It would be logical to have either a Warcraft 4 announcement, Starcraft 3 announcement, or something Diablo related seeing that every other game has something very recent.

I guess Overwatch could also steal the show.

They normally put the schedule out in September or around there, so we will know in around 4-5 months.
04/30/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Demonmonger
It would be logical to have either a Warcraft 4 announcement, Starcraft 3 announcement, or something Diablo related seeing that every other game has something very recent.

They normally put the schedule out in September or around there, so we will know in around 4-5 months.

Imagine if they forego SC3 or Warcraft 4 and they instead announced an enormous deviation: Diablo RTS game. Can play one of 3 races: Angels, Demons and Nephalem. The forum reactions would be a riot!
04/30/2018 06:19 PMPosted by nslay

Imagine if they forego SC3 or Warcraft 4 and they instead announced an enormous deviation: Diablo RTS game. Can play one of 3 races: Angels, Demons and Nephalem. The forum reactions would be a riot!

Or them could skip that entirely and make War of the Nexus- a MMO hybrid MOBA/RTS/FPS/ARPG with a built in card game.

And once Activision Blizzard buys Tinder, there will be VR dating module added too.
04/30/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Thanatos
What do you all think?

I think you will put yourself into an early grave with all your stressing over what may happen and then give yourself a heart attack when what you expect to happen doesn't,
Then we will have to put up with you spamming the forums because what you wanted to happen didn't, just like others spammed the forums last BlizCon because there was nothing or very little to do with Diablo
04/30/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Thanatos
I'm not gonna outright predict Diablo 4, but I'm curious about a few factors this year.

WoW: Battle For Azeroth will have already launched by the time Blizzcon happens. So unless they're willing to reveal the next expansion only 3 months into BfA, WoW won't have much of a presence outside previewing the first major patch.

Starcraft II is finished, and they just launched Starcraft Remastered not long ago.

Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm are competitive multiplayer games that will probably just get map / hero / game mode updates as time goes on.

So that leaves Diablo, the only game among the lot in a prime position to have a big presence at Blizzcon. It might be a Diablo 4 announcement, it might be a Diablo II Remastered announcement, it might be both, it might be neither. Who knows.

What do you all think?

Truthfully?

I think I’m getting tired of seeing these threads pop up every few days.

Blizzcon is still 6+ months away.

There’s nothing new to talk about that hasn’t already been talked to death in the other threads.

Either Blizzard will announce something or they won’t. We have no control over it or impact upon it.

Are there indications of something for the Diablo mythos? Yeah, sure. Job openings, etc.

Are there indications that nothing important is happening for the franchise? Yeah, sure. We’re about to enter the 7th, 8th, and 9th months of nothing for D3.

I mean, what else is there to say? We’ve literally got MONTHS ahead of us before there’s even a chance they hint at something. And, again, 6+ months before we hear about it definitely if there is something.

What line of logic would that be?
Diablo had no mention last year. Won't have anything to mention this year. There's no Diablo 4 and Diablo 3 has been in maintenance mode since 2.6.1
My guess is they’ll only announce new neca d3 figures and then pull the plug like the previous wave. No gaming news move along.
Neat odds board. Let me try.
100% = Nothing to see here this year. We'll be sure of this when we see this year's floor plan and Diablo 3 showcase just happen to be placed right next to toilets.
50% = Druid DLC announcement for Diablo 3. After all that hype, if I can only hope for something it'd be this. There were a few foreshadowing for this, be it at twitter and reddit. No one can exactly tell what it was.
25% = Diablo 4 announce, to be released in 3 years or so. Because they apparently gave up hope for this game if they ain't gonna sell further DLCs. All those hirings are just for this and not for renewing an old game.
10% = Diablo 3 second expansion pack with Amazon and/or Druid. It's low chance because that just doesn't explain all those job applications.
5% = Diablo 2 HD. Because there's no gain at renewing an old title. Consider they took the risk and did, they'd ruin it and make everything account bound because "modern gaming". They must be quite aware nobody would want that.
People still banging that warcraft 4 drum....give up, it's not going to happen while WoW is still running at full speed.
If d4 happens lets hope it is better than this game.... Seriously back to path of exile and it's free... sort of lol
BAHAHAHA........of course it is.
Diablo 3 is not broken, it has a good setup just like successful wow. In a perfect reality there is still room to scrap ROS and build another expansion. The fun foundation is there and has been accepted.
This is my odds board:

2/1 druid announcement
10/1 D2 remaster
25/1 D4
50/1 d3 expansion

you misspelled 1.
04/30/2018 03:37 PMPosted by SwankyDevil
I'm hoping those rumours about a dev saying Diablo fans ate gonna lose our minds is true.

That never ever happened.

CM Grimiku said that Blizzcon would be "cool", or something to that effect during a personal conversation with a player. That was in 2015 during the end of that Blizzcon. That was before the Necromancer was announced at Blizzcon 2016. It was cool.

People took what he said, completely changed it and attributed it to Devs then made false rage posts about it.

What a shock. /s

That comment is a game of telephone gone really wrong. Probably why we teach kids to play that game to show them how messages change the more they are repeated.
04/30/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Alexismad
This is my odds board:

2/1 druid announcement
10/1 D2 remaster
25/1 D4
50/1 d3 expansion

It will be easy to tell once the event map is available. Tiny D3 booth hidden away next to the bathrooms that you can only see if you close one eye, maintenance mode for another year.
04/30/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Alexismad
This is my odds board:

2/1 druid announcement
10/1 D2 remaster
25/1 D4
50/1 d3 expansion

Depending on how far along they are on their new projects in the Diablo universe will be the deciding factor whether or not we get an announcement at Blizzcon. But I do believe that we will be getting some news about Diablo this year due to all of the hiring that has been going on. I also believe that they are well beyond the concept phase of their new projects.

Now I am not sure of the totals you give but here is my take on it.

D4 is no doubt gonna be announced at a Blizzcon and hopefully this year. But the problem is what are they gonna do to keep us busy till D4 hits the shelves in about a couple of years or so. They have a few ways and I know that they would probably take the way that would offer the least risks.

A D3 expansion: If it is an expansion then it will no doubt just add more classes to the mix with probably a level bump some stash space and character slots. I highly doubt that they would risk making huge changes to D3 because they would be running the risk of screwing the pooch (D3) yet again. Also it no doubt would cost more to make huge changes to D3.

DLC class packs: If the necro was as successful as they needed it to be then this isn't a bad idea. If you develop enough class packs it could keep us going till D4 is released. You would have at least two more classes that would balance the classes as far as three classes per main stat.

D2:LOD Remastered: Even though it might lose some of the feel due to the way that the game would be designed different in our day compared to when D2 was made. They still might be able to come close enough to be able to pull it off where players would have plenty to do playing a remastered D2 along with this game to keep them busy till D4.