Just venting

General Discussion
05/06/2018 12:16 PMPosted by StuRedman
For T12 in under 6 minutes just jump in a random public game with some op guys farming keys, and be done.

This is the way to go. When farming keys, I tend to get into groups that finish a rift in 1.5-3 mins.
OP stated at the get go that (s)he is a solo player.
Don't play demon hunters but lots of good friendly advice in this thread all the same.
Would be interesting if this OP build was picked for a challenge rift.
In my opinion, this is the easiest set dungeon to master out of all classes. The hardest part is learning to slow down enough to meet the time limit objective.

http://teambrg.com/diablo-3/natalyas-set-dungeon-build-guide-mastery/

For a speed rift, you want the UE multishot build. You might have to try a few rifts until it gives you one with a huge open map. Don't stop to pick up drops, just run and pick up those globes and immediately turn it in when the guardian dies. It's also the best build for the 'curses' conquest. But for that, you need to keep reloading the map until you get a certain act V blood marsh event...which name I forgot!

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-unhallowed-essence-multishot-build-patch-2-6-1-season-13
I'm not sure how to even respond to this thread...

117 hours and can't farm T13 with current overpowered damage we keep getting every seasons...

I decided to play a little this weekend, played around 10 hours and I'm face-rolling T13 and well under 6 minutes did one in under 3 minutes for the achievement and that's using a slowpoke earthquake build with less then 400 paragons...

Also clear a GR 70 solo for the heck of it and it was easy, first try....game is so easy nowadays it's boring for me. Not even 20 hours in and I'm bored cuz everything is too easy.

I wish the game could provide any form of challenge but all I can do is pop up the GR until monster either one shot me or they take too long to kill...either way boring.
05/06/2018 10:31 PMPosted by kouhei
I'm not sure how to even respond to this thread...

117 hours and can't farm T13 with current overpowered damage we keep getting every seasons...

I decided to play a little this weekend, played around 10 hours and I'm face-rolling T13 and well under 6 minutes did one in under 3 minutes for the achievement and that's using a slowpoke earthquake build with less then 400 paragons...

Also clear a GR 70 solo for the heck of it and it was easy, first try....game is so easy nowadays it's boring for me. Not even 20 hours in and I'm bored cuz everything is too easy.

I wish the game could provide any form of challenge but all I can do is pop up the GR until monster either one shot me or they take too long to kill...either way boring.

So you post how amazing you are just to make OP feel worse?
You obviously don't get it.
Every post was helping OP to understand the game better.
Your chest pounding helps no one.

The only thing OP said I felt was inappropriate was

"I'm just puzzled how anyone can do these things playing solo. I guess they just bot. "
Throwing the "must be botting card" because you don't get it is wrong."

Also, if the devs read this post it validates they were correct in dumbing down the game. Good God, if they make D3 any easier, the servers will empty out!
05/06/2018 10:23 PMPosted by SoAngry
The hardest part is learning to slow down enough to meet the time limit objective.

This is even more true with the Nats damage boost in 2.6.1. It use to be that I could run this without having to drop much dps. But now, you really need to gimp yourself heaps in order to not blitz through it in under 1min.

05/06/2018 10:31 PMPosted by kouhei

Try playing HC. I guarantee that you'll be kept on your toes and what seemed like an easy game be cause you were doing too much damage and death had little consequences is now a completely new ball game.
05/05/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Jaris
My goal is to get a stash tab, but at this point it seems impossible. It seemed to take forever to master on set dungeon in Champion, I completed the Marauder's set dungeon in 4:59 after about twenty tries. Gotta admit, that was an exciting run to finish with one second left.
Partner, I got all 10 stash tabs on 4 accounts in 4 consecutive Seasons (playing DH). This Season I have already completed Guardian on 4 accounts, and now I'm just dinking around, waiting for the Season to end. I played a new DH and Necro up to 70, and now I'm just doing Bounties on my highest Paragon non-Seasonal account to get the numbers of materials close to even, then I'll burn them up reforging a couple things, then I might try a GR100...I'm at GR99 now.

Why do I tell you all this? Well, not to brag. I am also a casual player, and my accomplishments are hardly exceptional. I tell you this to impress upon you that
YOU CAN DO EEEET!!!
Looking at your profile:

• A good start would be to activate "Elective Mode" in the game options. ;-) You are using some skills that just don't make sense with your gear - but exactly one skill from each group.

Some general advice:

• If you find a new legendary item: read the legendary effect and try to understand what it means, and how it can be used.
  • You are missing some very useful items - like Dawn. It will provide almost 100% uptime of Vengeance, which gives you 40% more damage and more hatred and (with Gunes cubed) also more toughness. Also try to understand the legendary gems - Simplicitys Strength for example is not used very often in DH builds, because there are way better gems.
  • The most important part of Yangs bow is the cost reduction, which you don't get when you cube Yang.
  • If you don't want to read long guides or watch boring youtube videos: Have a look at the leaderboards. Not the very top rankings, but the bottom part (#800-#1000 or something like that). These guys usually use builds (or build variants) that can be copied by more casual players without any problems (the top 200 often implies heavy fishing and a special play style that need to be learned to be succesful). But do not just Copy&Paste, but try to understand why they use these skills and items.

Beeing a casual is nothing wrong. I wouldn't consider myself an "elite player" neither. I do know a lot of things about the DH, and I am quite successful (for a solo player). But I don't take part in "the META", so I'm missing a ton of paragons as well.

But as a comment: I am a EU-Player, and started Season in US about a week ago. I have played 28 hours since then, have gained Paragon 680, and I have already completed "Guardian" (but not the Season Journey yet, because I don't want to waste a low-level gem for augment - I#ll level a gem to ~90 before I do that).

I do not bot, and I play completely solo, not even public bounties so far.
this is the biggest problem with casuals, without understanding the game, without looking at guides that have been made by other dedicated players to make life easier for everyone, without using all the effective resources available to them the first thing they do is complain.

Op i've been a solo player for as long as i can remember. I detest playing this game with groups and if i can complete all objectives last few seasons, there's absolutely no way you can't do it. Sure if you solo it takes a while. It took me a month to roughly complete the journey this season.

Each class has a set dungeon that's the easiest to complete. Farm for the set and then you are good to go. I play DH so for me UE set dungeon was the easiest. It takes a few attempts to get the right density, though

As for conquests, there's always a good balance for solo and group. The simplest conquest for solo this season are : gr45 no set items - this is super easy for DH, gr75 solo (this is joke with the new power creep, i did mine without an ancient weapon) and the 350 kills cursed chest feat. The cursed chest is easy with the UE DH. Get a second one if you aren't sure you can kill as fast.

As for gear upgrades, they take time. This game is heavily rng based so the more you play you will level your odds at rng.
There's no way I can come close to doing any conquest. And forget about any rift at T12 in under 6 minutes, I'm lucky to do one at T10 in a reasonable time. T8 is pretty easy though, but that doesn't help much as T12 is the goal. Anything at T13... forget it.

Before you tell me what a whiny little !@#$% I am, know that I'm not complaining. I'm just puzzled how anyone can do these things playing solo. I guess they just bot.

Yes, that's the only logical explanation. Considering that you are the best player out there, spending so many hours every day on the game and you still can't make it, then no one else should be able to either; only bots and cyborgs.
05/05/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Jaris
These are just some random thoughts from a casual solo player.

I have played 117 hours and 30 minutes in season 13 so far. I am at paragon 460 and have completed only 3 of the objectives for Destroyer. On the plus side, this is the farthest I've ever gotten playing solo, so that's good.

My goal is to get a stash tab, but at this point it seems impossible. It seemed to take forever to master on set dungeon in Champion, I completed the Marauder's set dungeon in 4:59 after about twenty tries. Gotta admit, that was an exciting run to finish with one second left.

There's no way I can come close to doing any conquest. And forget about any rift at T12 in under 6 minutes, I'm lucky to do one at T10 in a reasonable time. T8 is pretty easy though, but that doesn't help much as T12 is the goal. Anything at T13... forget it.

Before you tell me what a whiny little !@#$% I am, know that I'm not complaining. I'm just puzzled how anyone can do these things playing solo. I guess they just bot.

Just fyi, but I skipped season 12. I did play some in season 11, and was able to team up with a friend for part of it.

When I did team up with that guy, the progress I made was amazing. He of course had already completed his season journey, so I was just riding his coattails. He always plays with his clan, I think during season 11 he took pity on me.

I haven't found a gear upgrade in forever it seems. Frustrating. And the same old maps are getting boring too.

Right now I'm pretty glass cannon, actually more glass than cannon. I pretty much only play solo. Should I just cave and try to team up with someone again? I feel like I'm just giving up at that point.

I still like playing the game, it just is frustrating at times. I would never bot, losing my account just isn't worth it, but I don't blame anyone that does.

I really give great kudos to anyone that progresses far in this game. The guy that does the Shattered Soulstone podcast I listen to is over 1000 paragon. I just can't imagine that, or how he did it. Running with others must really be that much better right. I guess if I want to get anywhere I'll have to do that also.

Anyway, I'm just venting. If I ever want the stash tab(s) I'll have to team up with someone. I did buy the Necro pack just for the stash tabs. That was cool, but I usually play Demon Hunter or Wizard. Oh well. GG everyone.

Look me up. I'm usually bored, and I'd help you with whatever I am able to.
117 hours and P460 only ? Effective players are P460 after 15 hours already - what did you do the other 102 hours ? Been in new tristrams inn or what ? :p
Another post from someone who hasn't even bothered to try to optimize their build?

Move along... nothing to see.
05/07/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Rasalom
Another post from someone who hasn't even bothered to try to optimize their build?

Move along... nothing to see.

Not everyone researches for a game. Some actually just play from what they have learned.

Nothing wrong with playing how YOU want to.

I will, however, say that Op is both wrong and right. Wrong in that the conquest is not duable, it is. But I can understand it can be frustrating if you wanna solo things and not able to.
You should always learn stuff about the game and Op needs to do so. But instead of being negative, you could have made a constructive post instead to help him/her out.
05/06/2018 12:16 PMPosted by StuRedman
For T12 in under 6 minutes just jump in a random public game with some op guys farming keys, and be done.

I've always done that, say "Thank U" and leave after its done. Specially when I'm not geared to even do [X] difficulty.
I unlocked one of the stash tabs in season 6 with a DH entirely solo. I didn't need to bot at all nor have I ever botted. That was when I didn't know as much as I do now. It only took me 65 hours to achieve. I would've done it faster if I was actively trying to complete the objectives for each chapter as I was playing. I probably would've had it done in about 40-55 hours. I was using a Multishot Marauder's six piece build. That build I put together myself.

I wouldn't doubt that I could do it again and beat my old time of 65 hours if I had to. You just don't have a good game plan as far as what to do and when to do it.

You have a lot of things all over the place if you want a good multishot six piece marauders. Where to start, well I will tell you about your gem selection.

First of all since you want Multishot to be your main dps skill then everything has to be based around multishot. Where everything else simply backs up multishot.

There is no reason to be using Simplicity Strength. That gem is better used when you are focusing on a generator as your main dps. Instead have a Zei's Stone of Vengeance instead that will boost your power by a lot. Next instead of Multenwildebeast's Gizzard switch it to Bain of the Powerful (low GRs). Then when you get to higher GRs use Bane of the Stricken. That is just your gems.

Weapons, you have no other choice than to use Yang's Recurve, and no not in the cube. That bow goes on the character it is not optional. That is because that bow comes with an extra affix which reduces the hatred cost of Multishot IIRC.

The only question is that I can't tell which is better. Is Deadman's Legacy better than Bombardier's Rucksack. If anyone knows please tell me. I am talking about using Multishot. I would think that Rucksack would get the call because I think it does more damage due to havin the extra sentries.

Rings you must have a Unity (damage reduction 50%) or you can use Convention of Elements (dps boost). Which ever one is the better roll goes on the character and the other in the cube. Further I can tell you that the rings on the followers unless they are Unity or Oculus and maybe a few others will not benefit your character at all.

To benefit from Unity on the character or on the cube. You must have the follower you are using to have Unity as one of the rings. Also you will need a follwer cannot die token to take advantage of the 50% damage reduction. Then the second ring on the follower is Oculus. You wouldn't need two of them you will get enough procs by having that on the follower you are using.

Your cubed weapon of choice is Dawn, it's cooldown reduction of Vengeance is a god send. That along with cooldown reduction on your gear and paragon points can help you achieve near perma Vengeance.

Your cubed armor slot does come with some choices. If you want straight up defense you have options. You can use Visage of Gunes or even Cloak of the Garwulf paired with Zoey's Secret belt on the character. Visage of Gunes gives Vengeance the Dark Heart rune, which is a straight up 50% damage reduction while Vengeance is active.

Cloak of the Garwult gives you two extra wolves. That combined with Zeoy's Secret belt that gives you 8-9% damage reduction for every companion you have active. That is just your gear and legendary gems. Now your skills and runes need some changing. Right now the only way you have of proc'ing Bane of the Trapped is your generator. I will tell you two ways of being able to do that where you could use a different generator.

I would remove Preparation for Vengeance with the rune being Seethe. Vengeance will help your by giving you a 10 hatred regen per second. Then change Shadow Power to Vault with the rune being Tumble. That setup will let you get out of harms way when you need it.

Your passives are one source of proc'ing Bane of the Trapped as well as using the rune Polar Station on Sentry. Now if you are good at placing Sentries where you can get a good coverage of the battle field then I would just change your rune in Sentry to Polar Station. If you are not good at doing that then I would suggest using two passives Thrill of the Hunt and Cull of the Weak. Thrill of the Hunt will not only proc Bane of the Trapped but it also proc's Cull of the Weak which is a damage buff against enemies that are slowed which Thrill of the Hunt does. Just exchange Bloody Vengeance for Thrill of the Hunt. Change Archery for Cull of the Weak and you should be good to go.

That is basically what I would do if I were playing a Multishot Marauder DH.