Simple Change - Huge Benefit

General Discussion
Just remove armor and life regen as rolls on drops. Particularly for ancient and primal.

leave them in as rolls off the mystic if needed. I can't think of a single build that would suffer from this change.

This season i was plagued with these rolls and it almost made me trash the game. I started thinking i confused RNG Warden by using the life regen gem in my HC gear.

The one that almost broke me was my Primal Shadow helm with perfect DEX, ARMOR and REGEN rolls.
Without the dark, there is no light.
Ummm... I as WD would like to keep my armor drops please, thank you. All Res on the other hand...
:-P
Also: What DonMartin said. You can't only have ideal rolls, that would be boring.
05/08/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Elgareth
Ummm... I as WD would like to keep my armor drops please, thank you. All Res on the other hand...
:-P
Also: What DonMartin said. You can't only have ideal rolls, that would be boring.

unfortunately in this game it's mostly non-ideal rolls.
why can't the WD just roll armor at mystic again?
both stats are needed for some builds.
dont talk about things u dont know
ok id settle for just removing regen FROM DROPS.
Lib - stay with me here - you could still re-roll Crit Chance for regen IF YOUR heart desires. Just asking for it to not drop with it.

Just removing one of these (from drop stats) would help a ton.

We would still have our rings and amis with no socket, still have a ton of other bad rolls to deal with, but this would give just a little better chance to have a decent drop for 99% of all other builds besides Libs one build.
What about players that want those stats? If you could never get them on a drop, they are forced to use mystic for their reroll. You make it harder for a player that wants those stats to gear up. After all int based classes need the armor stat as resist all is a bit useless to them.

Just because you don't like those stats doesn't mean the game should change to cater to you.
05/08/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Prology
Just remove armor and life regen as rolls on drops. Particularly for ancient and primal.

Or... you can stop being lazy and keep searching. Armor is needed for intelligence characters, so just stop there. Without armor, int characters can not maintain their effective health. Life regeneration may sound useless, but it's still a good deal for absorb and dodge based niché builds.

05/08/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Prology
stay with me here

Lol. Just salvage the damn thing, look for a better item and optimize it. Once you learn how to optimize gear, I do believe you'd feel ease even if you get a bad rolled item.
Missing the point. 99% of the builds look for Crit Chance first or Vit.
What would be so wrong if a helm for example had Main stat and CC mandatory and you rolled off the third stat?

The problem is when that helm comes with Regen and Armor. since we can only roll 1 stat. You never get a helm with Main stat, CC and build bonus or vit and say "damn! my WD needs armor, this is trash". WD would just roll off that one stat for build bonus and be happy camper.

Get a helm to drop with Armor, regen and main stat and it is instant salvage to 99% of ALL builds.

I would rather have items be 99% useful than 99% trash. You decide where you think these are now for yourself. My blacksmith is ready to walk i bring him so much salvage.

You might not love my suggestion, you might just play devils advocate, but we ALL know this has room for improvement. If we could just quit trying to poke holes through each others posts and get a unified thought together as a community the devs might even make some small QOL changes for us.
05/08/2018 09:56 AMPosted by naksiloth
05/08/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Prology

Or... you can stop being lazy and keep searching. Armor is needed for intelligence characters, so just stop there. Without armor, int characters can not maintain their effective health. Life regeneration may sound useless, but it's still a good deal for absorb and dodge based niché builds.

05/08/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Prology
stay with me here

Lol. Just salvage the damn thing, look for a better item and optimize it. Once you learn how to optimize gear, I do believe you'd feel ease even if you get a bad rolled item.

Let go of armor then, how about regen? If i'm lazy with the time i put in this game i'd really hate to meet a person whom you believe is motivated.
05/08/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Prology
What would be so wrong if a helm for example had Main stat and CC mandatory and you rolled off the third stat?

CHC is useless to thorns builds.
INT heroes get All Resist from their main stat, so they need Armour.
STR and DEX heroes get Armour from their main stat, so they need All Resist.
ok, whatever. system is perfect as is.
loot is in a great place. don't change a thing.

/delete thread
05/08/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Prology
system is perfect as is.

I wouldn't say perfect but your suggestion is definitely not an improvement.
It is good to see you listen to reason and see that your request, while you sincerely thought it beneficial, is not in the best interest of the game.
i'm open to suggestions for sure.
As i see it smart loot already knows if i'm a DH or Monk and makes sure my main stat drop is Dex (now, not at the initial launch).

What would be great is if it also took it one step further, on ancient and primals mind you, to help ensure it's not a wasted drop. If that means ALL RES on strength chars, and armor on intel guys, then that should be it. I still have not seen one argument for regen. Armor makes since on intel guys.

The feeling of not seeing an ancient item for your set build for 2 weeks (playing regularly) and then getting one with 2 and a half incorrect stats is a major kick in the balls.

over and over again.
05/08/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Prology
05/08/2018 09:56 AMPosted by naksiloth

Let go of armor then, how about regen? If i'm lazy with the time i put in this game i'd really hate to meet a person whom you believe is motivated.

Why not just go to the logical extreme and remove everything except main stat, vit, crit, crit damage, and cooldown %?
05/08/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Prology
I still have not seen one argument for regen

Just because it's not apart of the current meta does not make it useless.
05/08/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Oblivion
I still have not seen one argument for regen

which in those rare cases would make re-rolling at the mystic a great option.
i'm over it. i still have no idea where regen is a great roll on a drop but more power to you guys. I'll keep looking for that WD with main stat and armor on his primal helm. Not holding my breath though since i guessing a lot of responses here were just trying to find the one or two exceptions to not having ideal stats on a piece.
What would be great is if it also took it one step further, on ancient and primals mind you, to help ensure it's not a wasted drop. If that means ALL RES on strength chars, and armor on intel guys, then that should be it. I still have not seen one argument for regen. Armor makes since on intel guys.

The thing here is, what you call a wasted stat someone of the same class might see as desirable for (reasons) that are just as valid as your own for what you desire. Just because you don't agree with that player does not invalidate their opinion on what they see as a wanted stat to appear on their dropped gear.

The feeling of not seeing an ancient item for your set build for 2 weeks (playing regularly) and then getting one with 2 and a half incorrect stats is a major kick in the balls.

Such is a game with a variety of stats that can be put on gear. To be honest, I feel they dropped the ball on this aspect since, as it stands now, the most desirable stats are CHC,CHD,Main stat, IAS, -% cooldown. All stats should be desirable.

But really, if you got all the exact gear you wanted with the exact stats within 2 weeks of playing a season, what would you do then? Part of the fun of these games is the loot hunt, of finding the gear with the stats you want.

But remember, just because you don't want that stat to exist for a class doesn't mean there aren't players that use the same class that do actively seek those stats.

Note: I use a Wizard, another Intelligence class and one of my builds does use Armor on as many pieces as possible. That includes my helm.
05/08/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Prology
05/08/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Oblivion

which in those rare cases would make re-rolling at the mystic a great option.
i'm over it. i still have no idea where regen is a great roll on a drop but more power to you guys. I'll keep looking for that WD with main stat and armor on his primal helm. Not holding my breath though since i guessing a lot of responses here were just trying to find the one or two exceptions to not having ideal stats on a piece.

I'm confused. Is your suggestion only for helms? You keep mentioning helms, but your original post seems like you're talking about every slot.

There are some slots that have very limited affixes, such as boots, belt, and shoulders for specs that don't need CDR. Life regen can be decent in these slots.