Replaced mouse battery mid-game

General Discussion
Right in the middle of a 4-man GR100. Still, got back and we finished with time to spare.

Got me thinking: do people keep a spare mouse plugged in for when that happens?
I don't use a wireless mouse anymore for that very reason :). I have used one though and it didn't work for me in games.
People still use wireless mouses/controllers for gaming? LOLOLOLOLOL!
Wired is best.
I do, I like it.
I'm playing on a 48" tv. if I don't go wireless I can't see everything...

think you would be unlucky to have it happen, but luckier than some of the lags I have had lately!
I refuse to use a wireless mouse in games. So, no, that does not happen to me because I make sure it can't.
Well, it's happened once in 10 years, and the rest of the time, gaming or not, it's very convenient. Gaming is not the only thing people do.

I bought a dedicated gaming mouse and that was wireless too (not that I use it).

And what was the downside? Not much: we still finished the grift with 4 mins to spare.
I have a wireless mini-mouse for my laptop only. My desktop gets wires. I don't play games on my laptop.
My wireless gaming mouse tells me when my battery is low, starting at 30%. If you want to play risky and stay wireless, I highly recommend it.

Logitech G603 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
These days, GR100 is the 4-man "utility" rift - the one you run to rank up Augmentation gems. I do GR98 on another non-Seasonal account* to rank up my gems to 100. I got lucky with a 15% roll on a GR100 and got a rank 103 Trapped...

* https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/StoneOld-1798/hero/61444341
I have a hard enough time clearing pet hair from my optical mouses's laser. Wouldn't want to try to change a battery without tping back to town. Just go ahead and mark me dead.
So basically. They didn't need you? (Kidding, of course)

Just go wired for gaming, it's better for it in almost every way.
Some are actually pretty good right on par with wired options without the potential hassle a cable can be, depending on your setup. Logitech in particular has been releasing some really good wireless gaming mice. They'll even give you a heads up when their battery is running low so you can either replace the battery or switch to wired mode till you get a new one.
05/15/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
Some are actually pretty good right on par with wired options without the potential hassle a cable can be, depending on your setup. Logitech in particular has been releasing some really good wireless gaming mice. They'll even give you a heads up when their battery is running low so you can either replace the battery or switch to wired mode till you get a new one.

To be fair, my previous mouse was an awesome Logitech, can't remember the model number..

It was both wired, and wireless, had 10-12 buttons on it, and a scroll wheel that could roll freely with no clicks at the push of a button. This mouse was quite dear though. But I sure do miss it.
I'm playing a video game, not performing open heart surgery. I'll take the risk of having a wireless mouse and keyboard because it allows me to lie down on my couch and play comfortably.
05/15/2018 06:11 PMPosted by SoAngry
I'm playing a video game, not performing open heart surgery. I'll take the risk of having a wireless mouse and keyboard because it allows me to lie down on my couch and play comfortably.

Gaming while reclining. I support this. :)
Still looking for a combination gaming mouse/popcorn popper....mmmm, popcorn.
There are wireless mice that do not use batteries. They charge wirelessly via the mousepad. Pretty expensive though.

https://www.razer.com/gaming-mice/razer-mamba-hyperflux

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/product/powerplay-wireless-charging
05/15/2018 06:11 PMPosted by SoAngry

You're gonna have to show me how to perform surgery with a mouse, sounds like a top notch life skill.