Add additional features to Kanai's Cube

General Discussion
I have a couple of suggestions for keeping Diablo 3 going strong and possibly bringing people back and keeping them playing longer. First idea has to do with primal powers through Kanai's cube with the ability to extract the effect from one primal and bind it to another primal - only works with primals and can be replaced with another primal power at another time if player chooses. Second idea would be to extract from complete primal set - 1 effect and bind it to a legendary gem. Entire set of primal would be used to gain the chosen effect and bind it to a Legendary gem. These 2 changes would push GR's and build diversity to new levels and keep the game going strong. This would create totally news builds and further make the game even more exciting. Just an idea that i think would be cool.
No thanks. Creative, but too OP.
How many of these threads will exist until everyone gets the point?

That point being D3 development is finished.

This and others may be good ideas but ultimately pointless discussions.
Sorry, just hitting for bigger numbers won't bring me back. New content outside of boring GRs would. But I'm not holding my breath, I know it's not going to happen.
I (roughly) already suggested this and it's not been received so well as far as I can tell.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759448264#post-14
Isn't the point of Diablo in general to be OP? Thanks for the feedback - just thought it would be really cool to see what people come up with cause the builds are all boring as everyone uses the same template
It's not the builds that are boring. It's the content. GRs are a snore fest. After a few dozens I had already given up. GR20 and GR200 are the exact same thing, just with bigger numbers. zzzzz
05/15/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Treemeister
I have a couple of suggestions for keeping Diablo 3 going strong and possibly bringing people back and keeping them playing longer. First idea has to do with primal powers through Kanai's cube with the ability to extract the effect from one primal and bind it to another primal - only works with primals and can be replaced with another primal power at another time if player chooses. Second idea would be to extract from complete primal set - 1 effect and bind it to a legendary gem. Entire set of primal would be used to gain the chosen effect and bind it to a Legendary gem. These 2 changes would push GR's and build diversity to new levels and keep the game going strong. This would create totally news builds and further make the game even more exciting. Just an idea that i think would be cool.

Can you imagine how much this would promote botting though? To require an entire primal set to even be competitive is insane.

I'm not sure I completely understand your first suggestion, but that sounds like it would promote botting as well to extract extra legendary powers for other primals.
05/15/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Treemeister
Isn't the point of Diablo in general to be OP? Thanks for the feedback - just thought it would be really cool to see what people come up with cause the builds are all boring as everyone uses the same template

The point of any game like this is power creep, but don't expect the usual gang of idiots posting here now and in the future to get that. People are willfully blind to infinite scaling and the fact that it is a staple of this game because they dont like it.

I like the gist of what you are saying, but the idea needs polish. Perhaps combining legendary gem effects with eachother, and set bonuses with other set bonuses for a total of 6 affixes on a given set. Same deal with legendary items.
I'm not sure I completely understand your first suggestion, but that sounds like it would promote botting as well to extract extra legendary powers for other primals.[/quote]

imbue a primal power into another primal - does not include set items

also - the transfer would not be like cubing - ie 100% of effect - it would be similar to ancient with RNG
When people realise that the Developers dont listen to the community ever. Nothing we say changes there mind. The forums, twitch , facebook they are all a wasteland cause the CM dont communite anything the players actaully want to here and there is no platform to actually burn the developers for just not touching any valid player feedback
05/15/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Keyblade
When people realise that the Developers dont listen to the community ever. Nothing we say changes there mind.
Actually, this game is in a messed up GR state BECAUSE they listened to the community. They made tons of changes based on what the community wanted, and none of them turned out all that great. Still think they should listen to these half-baked ideas?
Seriously I would pay 5,000 Forgotten Souls, 50 Ramaldni gifts, and 5 primal ancient souls made from 5 useless primals (from new Primal Ancient Convert recipe) , and 5 Billion gold to be able to reforge a primal item so that it keeps its primal status while re-rolling the selected property that you do not desire that you couldn't get to do with the mystic alone because she is limited in just 1 property exchange. This could be done to the one other property (while keeping the mystic roll), that isn't desireable, and once the cube process is done, that property is highlighted in red and identified on the item like Caldessan's Despair is in () and called (Primal Reforge) or something like that.